It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Civilization on Mars Wiped Out by Nuke-wielding Aliens, says Physicist

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee
Heres an interesting Theory.

What if almost every planet that is not a gas giant could of supported life

Given they are close enough to the Sun or w.e I guess it really does not matter since life can develop nocturnally as well and planets generate their own heat as long as their are orbiting.

And what happens is either Advanced life exploits the planets and turns them into barren rocks. Or life Advances and becomes a threat to more advanced forms of life which eliminate them.

What is lots of the barren planets we are viewing are much like mars? Just Graveyards. Waiting to tell their story of Destruction.

And here's Earth. A becon of hope, Protected by some pretty Savage Aliens. Hopefully we don't end up like mars and we can get to the stage of fixing some of these hypothetical messes Yeah?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Although this is most probable, I can't understand how others have figured out (or even postulated) about another celestial body (they've never seen/touched) when the same people haven't a clue about the very place they walk upon, swim in and fly through.
Seems rather arrogant but in a respectful way.

Sure I believe, based on photographs others have provided, that Mars was indeed inhabited at one point. I'll even go one further, I believe the Moon is totally artificial but that means nothing because I have no idea of the history regarding this planet (and we have the opportunity to tour it) Hell, we don't even know where we came from.
I don't know. Life confuses me (sigh)

edit on 29-12-2014 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hes an even bigger mind trip. What if other Galaxies are beaming with life?

What if the Milkyway is a battleground, Say for all of existance?

Is it possible that a locust type entity that has spawned from this galaxy could of consumed many of the *dead* planets we see viewing into space?

Like say, a bio-robotic species kind of like a zerg of cyborgs that clone themselves in cloning vats, or something similar to the whole A.I merging with bio-organisms could be exploiting in all life they come across thus resulting an a chain of Dead planets that end in conflicts or catastrophic cataklysm.

Could it be possible that humans have been put here as a type of remedy? To recolonize these planets and turn them into green oasis?
If so, that would mean we are in the thick of the honets nest. Which would explain why our history is riff with wars of the gods and attempts at wiping out all life on Earth but failing multipul times.
it may be possible we are facing an Evil humanity collectively at this time has not fully realized and understood given the timeframe of our creation ontop of the number of civilizations that were destroyed by unknown forces as well as by our own hand. We are vicious creatures. Possibly even more vicious than our hypothetical opponents.

What would seperate us from them is that we value life *Their philosphies abuse and destroy life* Some humans here abide by their philosphies. Take a look around at our galaxy. It should be buzzing with life. I think that our humble story has a greater ending than any of you reading this could hope.

What if humanity is a type of Exterminator?
A type of Inter-galatic Pest Control?

If this is our Destiny Than wouldn't all that God stuff about joining the Armys of the Heavens to fight pure evil would kinda fit into this a little to well.

Anyways, Something to think about.
I believe we are naturally violent and destructive, But we also hold symbolism to be very important to us. We hold apathetic views towards life. Something A.I cannot comprehend.
We may be Evil, but we are the lesser of 2 evils.
Think of this as a type of Rightious mission. A quest for the better of all of existance. To contain and quarenteen these hypthetical problems and hypothetically eliminate them, all in thoery of course hahahahha

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

What if almost every planet that is not a gas giant could of supported life

I see no reason to rule those out. There could be life forms filled with gas like we are filled with the stuff of our planet...water.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FarleyWayne
I believe that you can find an interview of Dr. Brandenburg in the following link:

Coast to Coast - Mars Special - Date: 04-10-14

For some more (heavy-stuff?), checkout the YouTube-Conversation starting at the 1:02:30-(1 hour, 2 minute, 30 second )-Mark.

-
OPINION: To Each ... Their Own.

That is some interesting info for sure.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Star and flag for the classic ATS vibe!
I miss this stuff...to hell with politics...THIS is awesome.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sorry to debunk such an exciting claim, but this is not even junk science.

I notice that among the pieces of 'evidence' cited for this Nukes on Mars hypothesis are long-debunked 'artifacts' like the Mars Pyramid and the Cydonia Face. That says it all.

The American Physical Society is highly respectable. It was founded in 1899 and is the publisher of the Physical Review Letters, one of the principal forums in which physicists present their recent work. However, this 'paper' was not published in any of the different versions of PRL. It was presented at an APR regional convention. These are events at which all the local science buffs and physics teachers get something back for their Society subscriptions in the form of a bit of mutual fellowship and playing at being scientists. I imagine the barriers to participation at these meetings are much lower than those for publication in the peer-reviewed PRLs.

John Brandenberg seems to be some kind of a flake. He is apparently a qualified physicist but has long since gone off the rails and now dabbles in UFO cultism and free-energy 'research'. His current 'employer', Morningstar Applied Physics, is a 'research' outfit that peddles over-unity generators and 'magnetic vortices' — a hawker of mumbo-jumbo. They're supposedly based in Virginia, but a whois on their blank web page traces back to someplace in Scottsdale, AZ. Possibly a server farm.

In 2011, Morningstar made claims of an antigravity device and 'over-unity box' that were discussed on ATS. No science and, as far as I know, nothing heard from them since.

Brandenberg is also a contributor to the well-known crank publication Journal of Cosmology, a further indicator that he is no serious scientist.

Shame. Good story.

edit on 29/12/14 by Astyanax because: of misplaced italics.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Very interesting indeed. If this man has a professorship I doubt he will keep it for much longer!

↑↑↑ Didn't see the post above... That may explain it then!
edit on 29-12-2014 by s3cz0ne because:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Sorry to debunk such an exciting claim, but this is not even junk science.

Shame. Good story.

Wait now! Wait for it...............hence the "Gray Area" posting.

Sometimes people like this hide the truth in fiction.

But he appears to have some interesting accomplishments and credentials. Although he does dabble in fiction novels, it shows he balances out both hemispheres of his brain. interesting.

astroreview.com...

John E. Brandenburg is a plasma physicist at Orbital Technologies in Madison Wisconsin, working on space plasma technologies and space propulsion. He also performed research on the MET(Microwave Electro-Thermal) plasma thruster for space propulsion, Rocket Plume-Regolith Interactions on the Moon and Mars, Vortex theory of Rocket engine design, and Kaluza-Klein theory of Field Unification for purposes of space propulsion. He also performed an architecture study for a Human Mars Mission using solar electric propulsion. Before coming to ORBITEC he was performing research on air plasmas and plasma propulsion at Florida Space Institute. He is a pioneer in creating electrodeless atmospheric pressure plasmas in air using microwaves. Before this he was at The Aerospace Corporation, where one of his duties was as principle investigator of the MET propulsion project. Before coming to Aerospace corporation Dr. Brandenburg was a researcher at Research Support Instruments (RSI) where he specialized in making controlled laboratory plasmas for uses ranging from air plasmas for surface sterilization , Fusion research and the MET thruster. He also worked as an independent consultant on Space Missile Defense, Directed Energy Weapons, and space rocket plume phenomenology, and also at Mission Research Corporation and Sandia National Laboratories on plasmas for controlled fusion and similar topics.

more info on this interesting man.

Doctor Brandenburg was born in Rouchester Minnesota but grew up in Medford Oregon. He obtained a BA in Physics from Southern Oregon University in Ashland Oregon, home of the Shakespearean Festival. He obtained his MS in Applied Science at University of California at Davis and his PhD in Theoretical Plasma Physics at the UC Davis extension campus at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore California. The Title of his Thesis was “A Theoretical Model of a Reversed Field Ion Layer Made of Monoenergetic Ions” and dealt with the magnetic confinement of plasmas for controlled nuclear fusion. Inspired by the Apollo missions to choose a career in Physics he has always been an avid fan of space exploration and science fiction. He is the author the “Dead Mars, Dying Earth”(1999) with Monica Rix Paxson , ( see Amazon.com) which dealt with the problems of energy and global warming from a comparative planetary science ( Earth-Mars) perspective and has been published the USA, Great Britain, Germany and Japan. It was the winner of the Silver Medal in the Ben Franklin awards for books on science and environment. He has published two science fiction novels: “Asteroid 20-2012 Sepulveda” and its sequel “Morningstar Pass, The Collapse of the UFO Coverup” ( see Amazon.com for both) under the pen name “Victor Norgarde” these deal with the problems of living in the real cosmos and initial contact between humanity and extraterrestrial intelligence.

edit on 29-12-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

It is not against the rules to debunk claims made in the Grey Area forum. Neither is it automatically assumed that claims are bunkum. It's one thing to post in the Grey Area because there's not much evidence for the claim. It's another to post stuff there because you think it probably isn't true.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

It is not against the rules to debunk claims made in the Grey Area forum. Neither is it automatically assumed that claims are bunkum. It's one thing to post in the Grey Area because there's not much evidence for the claim. It's another to post stuff there because you think it probably isn't true.

Debunk away.

That's what ATS is about, but imo it's hard to debunk any of this in the first place.

Anyone can take facts and skew them to meet their own agenda's and fantasy world. Religion and politics do it everyday, why not science too?

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth

Debunk away.

That's what ATS is about, but imo it's hard to debunk any of this in the first place.

Anyone can take facts and skew them to meet their own agenda's and fantasy world. Religion and politics do it everyday, why not science too?

Agreed.
Neil deGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku are media darlings, but really, what have they done that no other person holding a doctorate in astrophysics have done?

Agendas are everywhere. Nothing to see behind the curtain, folks

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I for sure see that being a possibility. The one thing I will dispute is that Aliens were the one's that did it. I need a better definition of what Aliens is used in this context but if you ask me I think it was us. Look where we are at now...I think most of us can agree that it's not a matter of IF but when will we have a nuclear attack that potentially destroys us.

Another thing I find interesting. Massive ancient underground city found!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems I have seen lots of these threads this past year. I'd be willing to bet we would find the same thing on Mars and even on Venus.

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I seem to remember reading somewhere years ago that what we we call Mars was referred to in some ancient/esoteric texts/legends (?) as being blue/green NOT red. Can't remember where I read it though

Anybody on here able to shed any light on this?

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: smurfy

A natural nuclear explosion also?

Thats my postulation. If elements that are radioactive are discovered in boundry ( layers how do we account for that?
The physicists have all claimed that thats impossible and will do so here. They are sure they understand the dynamics of impactors but have yet to measure one directly, except Jupiter.

This is a back in the day thing, (I think) at least as far as Earth, or possibly Mars for that matter is concerned. In Oklo, Gabon they found what appears to be depleted Uranium.. natural born and now dead nuclear reactors 30 to 40 years ago, and as far as I know scientists are still working on it, they do the percentages on what could be stable reactions and what could not, and all the half-lives and so on. If it all adds up for them great, if it all adds up for Brandenburg for his position on Mars that's great too. Are they talking about the same thing? It doesn't seem so. Anyway Here is a link to the Gabon find,

www.extremetech.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Neil deGrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku are media darlings, but really, what have they done that no other person holding a doctorate in astrophysics have done?

Appeared on TV.

Unless, of course, you count this guy:

posted on Dec, 30 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

imo it's hard to debunk any of this in the first place.

I just did. This man is a crank and his claim is frivolous nonsense.

edit on 30/12/14 by Astyanax because: of tripe.

posted on Jan, 1 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Could it be the very same aliens/god/gods/angels that destroyed the Tower Of Babel and caused the Great Flood?

If people believe that the Great Flood and Tower Of Babel were destroyed by aliens/god/gods/angels then why would it be hard to believe that didnt happen on various planets throught space and time.

Also I would like to point out that this is what the majority of Americans believe that god did these things because the Bible tells them god did it.
edit on 1-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
NASA is supposed to have another rover on Mars by 2020 that actually detects life as the curiosity cannot. Maybe their is a reason for it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join