It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary nanotechnology that can be used to cure cancer, among others, to begin human trials.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Dr. Ido Bachelet has reported success in creating nanobots that can detect and cure twelve (for now) types of tumors in animals. It does so by capturing and neutralizing them. The nanobots can even detect tissue that is going to become cancerous and neutralize it before it has any chance to do harm. In vitro, it can cure paraplegia and other spinal injuries. The nanobots are supposedly going to be used to cure a terminal cancer patient who suffers from leukemia and has been told he will most likely pass away before summer. According to Bachelet, it "should work", as it has in other animals.

It's a pity though that this presentation appears to have been given at a dinner party. Nonetheless, Bachelet is a researcher who did his post-doc work at Harvard and has been accredited with numerous papers and discoveries. He has published in the prestigious and popular Nature and Science.

If his reports are true, this is a cheap cure-all which would enable man to live in perfect health.

The video can be viewed on YouTube.
edit on 20141228 by loremipsum because: Added more information.

A human patient with late stage leukemia will be given DNA nanobot treatment. Without the DNA nanobot treatment the patient would be expected to die in the summer of 2015. Based upon animal trials they expect to remove the cancer within one month.

Within 1 or 2 years they hope to have spinal cord repair working in animals and then shortly thereafter in humans. This is working in tissue cultures.A human patient with late stage leukemia will be given DNA nanobot treatment. Without the DNA nanobot treatment the patient would be expected to die in the summer of 2015. Based upon animal trials they expect to remove the cancer within one month.

Within 1 or 2 years they hope to have spinal cord repair working in animals and then shortly thereafter in humans. This is working in tissue cultures.
nextbigfuture.com...
edit on 12/28/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Nice great to finally see some nanobots that can finally do something. Just wait for the grey goo believers to show up and try to put all nanotech progress to a halt.
edit on 28-12-2014 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Nice great to finally see some nanobots that can finally do something. Just wait for thr grey goo believers to show up and try to put all nanotech progress to a halt.

grey goo is a real and inevitable result of nano robotics given human nature. if humans invent anything some evil bast*rd will soon turn it to evil use. it is inevitable. but that does not mean that we should not develop or use nano robotics for good purposes. For one thing if we don't develop it the evil Bast*rds will still develop it as a weapon. Our forbearance will not stop that and thus forebearance will kill us. Secondly given the above we have to master it so that we can do good with it and also neutralize the evil usage of it.

The way to counter grey goo is with white hat nano tech. little nano-bot warriors to fight the little bad bots in vivo.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Grey goo is what we will build our cities with its nothing to fear. Better than concrete and lumber as building materials. Just imagine a house that transforms into a massive flying drone FTW!

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Grey goo is what we will build our cities with its nothing to fear. Better than concrete and lumber as building materials. Just imagine a house that transforms into a massive flying drone FTW!

no "grey goo" is originally a science fiction term to desribe the result of naobots used as a weapon on living beings. grey goo means the sub cellular disintegration and it's residue. it also refers to these weaponized nanobots themselves.

but buildings made of or by grey goo would be constructed of formerly living humans and other organisms. imagine a fantastically fast acting acid that cannot be rendered PH neutral applied to little kids in a playground or a whole city's inhabitants. that's the horror of grey goo.

any beneficial use of nano technology is not grey goo by definition.

but this thread is not about grey goo nor the luddite arguments it creates. it is about the most pure uses of nanorobotic technology you can get. healing people.

so we should try to keep the discussion on topic and optimistic.
edit on 28-12-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-12-2014 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i would have preferred a link to print articles or papers though. there is no way to tell this guys bone fides from the video.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Here is a Reddit page that lends credence to his credentials.

www.reddit.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
OP vid

One that goes into a little more detail. It's only 10 minutes and very interesting.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
i would have preferred a link to print articles or papers though. there is no way to tell this guys bone fides from the video.

Some links to papers in the third paragraph at this page lifeboat.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
thanks for the embeds and links.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I would have proceeded to embed that video, with creds to you if it were not for the time-out...
edit on 20141228 by loremipsum because: Minor misunderstanding.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: loremipsum

No worries, just trying to be helpful. I think a mod can still edit the OP if you'd like.

Thanks for posting this. I rarely see cause for optimism posted around here.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I'm loving this, will monitor it closely.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It most likely won't be available in the US and if the US gains the patent, no other country will get it either. If the nanotechnology claim is true, it will be used black market style if the information has spread copies of his work in many locations.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nanobots to replace asprin or every commercial drug isnt a bad idea. I think one of the problems with the technology is they havent come up with any progressive ways to aid society with it.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Bring it on! What's taking so long to rid this world of cancer? We hear about promising laboratory experiments year after year, but it seems like they're always locked up never to see the light of day! I'm sure a lot of people who have exhausted all treatments to cure them, would jump at the chance to try any of these promising laboratory cures. Give people who have no hope, the right to relinquish the hospital and doctor liability to try these experimental drugs instead of waiting for human trials or just waiting to die!

I've been hearing of promising cures and human trials for the past 10 years! I wouldn't be surprised if this news fades into oblivion just like all the other promising cures.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

I think one of the problems with the technology is they havent come up with any progressive ways to aid society with it.

Huh? What do you want already, this is new stuff.

A human patient with late stage leukemia will be given DNA nanobot treatment. Without the DNA nanobot treatment the patient would be expected to die in the summer of 2015. Based upon animal trials they expect to remove the cancer within one month.

Within 1 or 2 years they hope to have spinal cord repair working in animals and then shortly thereafter in humans. This is working in tissue cultures.A human patient with late stage leukemia will be given DNA nanobot treatment. Without the DNA nanobot treatment the patient would be expected to die in the summer of 2015. Based upon animal trials they expect to remove the cancer within one month.

Within 1 or 2 years they hope to have spinal cord repair working in animals and then shortly thereafter in humans. This is working in tissue cultures.
nextbigfuture.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

I'd really like it if the mods were able to add that article to the original post, as it goes into much more detail than I did.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thanks mods

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join