It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

it seems de blasio is in trouble "Our backs are turned on you"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well it seems that the NYPD has turned its back on its tree hugging mayor, i wonder what would happen if the cops just all striked at the same time in NYC???

link to article

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Yikes, well thats' not good for him.

It's a political death sentence in NYC to have the police be against you. That's a huge, huge part of what is required to run the city proper, ie, cooperation and trust between the executive and the police departments.

Let's see where this goes.

Any of the unions speak up yet?

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What exactly are they complaining about again, a tragedy happened this much is true, 2 officers simply doing their jobs were gunned down. However this is not the norm, not even close as a recent FBI report shows!

figures speak for themselves

This kind of goes to show how extreme the NYPD blue really is, apparently they report to themselves, not to forget about old JP Morgan either!

I mean is that not a threat to the Mayor?!? I hope to see some arrests come from this LOL! How convenient that those who funded the plane are "retired and anonymous."

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amSaturday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

i wonder what would happen if the cops just all striked at the same time in NYC???

Corruption would plummet a thousand fold?

edit on 27-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Corruption would plummet a thousand fold?

Lol thank you for that!

edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231amSaturday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Corruption down= Chaos up...a reply to: elementalgrove

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Here this might help shed some light for you tenth..a reply to: tothetenthpower

link to answer

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It seems that 'Dump DeBlasio' signs are (NOW) appearing at the slain NYPD officer's funeral, which is currently taking place.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886
All we need to look at for evidence is what happened when most of the cops left New Orleans before Hurricane Katrina hit.
Looting, murders, rape.... yeah, chaos describes what would happen.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I still think the police need to have the "blue flu" in every city that riots, kills cops for fun, etc over wanting the police to stop, well basically, policing.

As a matter of fact, in order to honor the wishes of the rioters, MLK day and week would be a good time for city wide or nationwide "blue flu".

MLK always said it was important to judge people not on the color of their skin but on the content of their character. It could be a time for the rioters to show the true content of their character.

If leaders tell people who are rioting to show the world they can be peaceful, law abiding, good people, that the police should not profile them or see them as dangerous
-

the leadership can tell the rioters to show police and everyone that they are good people. If the rioters in those cities don't want the police, they need to take a day/week to show the police they are not dangerous.

To show solidarity with the rioters and to give them a chance, the police can have a pre-planned blue flu day/week.

When DeBlasio told his biracial son to beware of the police, he was encouraging racial strife and hatred for police, I don't blame the police for turning their back on the very person who should be a true leader and look for ways to end racial strife, rather than make it worse.

The reality is of all black people murdered/killed each year in the US
about 1% are killed by police
of all white people murdered/killed each year in the US
about 1% are killed by police

The figures that are being perpetuated by the media etc are real, because far more/way more/way way more black people are murdered/killed each year than white people. So the 1% who are killed by police, well more blacks than whites are killed numerically, that is true.
However, well over 95% of all people murdered/killed each year in the US are murdered/killed by someone of their own race.

So more blacks kill blacks each year
than whites kill whites
making the overall number of murders higher for blacks than for whites, that too is true.

But the other truth is still that of all black people murdered/killed each year that about 1% are killed by police and well over 95% are killed by other blacks;

and of all white people murdered/killed each year about 1% are killed by police and well over 95% are killed by other whites.

So the police, according to statistics are not discriminating based on the percentage of overall murders/killings by race.

Therefore, DeBlasio was wrong to tell his son what he did, it was inflammatory against the reality of what the police face daily, if his son behaves in a law abiding way, he has nothing to fear. DeBlasio incited racial hatred against his very own employees.

(check my other posts for stats/the mods have chastised me about cut and paste from my old posts, they don't want me repeating the posts with proof - so either check it out yourself - or look at my old posts, checking it out yourself is the much better option)

edit on 10Sat, 27 Dec 2014 10:24:14 -0600am122712amk276 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ah, if only we had a president that would do the PATCO thing to police unions that expressed political opinions or advocated less than stellar performance.

I would pay real money to see the looks on the FOP guys' faces when they were declared a trade union and decertified.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
And thats me toning it down you have how many people in ny??? O man it would be bad... lets hope things cool off a reply to: butcherguy

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Thats what I call a huge protest. One banner?

Oh, and its retired cops.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Thats what I call a huge protest. One banner?

Oh, and its retired cops.

Hate to disagree, but...de Blasio (a.k.a. Warren Wilhelm Jr.) is 'toast'.

Hundreds Turn Their Back on de Blasio at NYPD Officer's Funeral

SOURCE:
abcnews.go.com...
edit on 27-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The cops have turned their back on the populace, not the mayor. Wheres the banner flying over head that reads "Sorry Eric".

Imo, shows where the loyalty of the NYPD lies…

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Alienated from society....Ostracised and feared by normal people....the thin blue line will only get thinner and more violent.....its an equation for civil war.....

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes, he's going against the system so he'll be hung out to dry for it. If you have time to watch this video, he says exactly how he thinks.

Not just decades but centuries of problems. If you want to hear this part, begin at around 1:50. "What we have to do is change the fundamental relationship between police and community. Our police keep us safe and yet there's been as I said not just decades of problems a history of centuries of racism that undergird this reality. We can transcend that, we believe in NYC, re-train our entire police force is going to make a huge difference. " The whole video is 9:12 and is an interview with Stephanopoulos.

I find it hard to argue with de Blasio but there are a lot of people butt hurt. NCY finally gets someone with a heart for the people and the cops want to hang him.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
After decades of turning their backs on the people, NYPD now turns it's backs on the mayor of New York. I do not see LEO's complaining about the innocent civilian lives their fellow officers have been taking, just whining that two of their own have been killed.

NYPD, sorry but you have turned the people against you, the Mayor has not been killing civilians, police officers are the ones in the news for killing people.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Police corruption does absolutely need to he flushed out especially within the NYPD but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. I wouldn't want to go so far as to deny anyone not even cops, their political voice.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Bedlam

Police corruption does absolutely need to he flushed out especially within the NYPD but lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. I wouldn't want to go so far as to deny anyone not even cops, their political voice.

Well said.
I certainly have my issues with police departments and how they govern themselves, but to be without them would be a terrible thing.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join