It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP poll: Police killings of blacks voted top story of 2014/also biggest fake story of 2014?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
apnews.myway.com...

Is this the biggest fake story perpetrated on the American People this year?

The facts no one cares about:

Do you know how many blacks were killed by police by gunfire last year?” O’Reilly asked.
“Off the top of my head, I don’t,” Smiley replied.
“The number is 123,” O’Reilly said.
“Do you know how many whites were killed? 326.”
“There are 43 million-plus black Americans — 123 were killed by police gunfire,” he continued.
“There isn’t an epidemic of this. … But when it happens it’s extremely troubling.”
When a stunned Smiley asked O’Reilly if he really doesn’t see a “pattern” on the issue, the Fox News host replied, “I don’t because the statistics don’t say there’s a pattern.”
“Again, 123 deaths out of 43 million-plus is minuscule — every death is a tragedy, I’m with you,” he added.
“Three times as many whites are shot by police than blacks. I don’t think it’s hunting down blacks.”

www.theblaze.com...< br />

The statistic no one cares to talk about, which is extremely important: Between 2500-3000 blacks are murdered each year in the US, of those approximately 90%+ are killed by other black people
rare.us...
This is the source for the rest of the stats as well

Where is the outrage over this????

1% black people killed /murdered each year are killed by police,
about 8% are killed by white people,
over 90% black people are killed by other black people

When it comes to white people, of the average of 3000-3500 white people murdered each year
about 1% of white people killed/murdered each year are killed by police
about 8% are killed by black people
over 90%+ are killed by other white people[b/]

The real problem is PEOPLE in general, killing their own

That is the real and total truth of the matter!

The racism is trumped up.

The other question no one is asking is WHY is this being trumped up, to what end and for whom?
Who benefits most from the biggest lie of the year?

edit on 11Mon, 22 Dec 2014 11:49:05 -0600am122212amk221 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: grandmakdw

Who benefits most from the biggest lie of the year?

Advertisers must be benefiting or they would put the kabosh on the "reports".

The race bait reporting by the MSM benefits book authors and movie makers, and politicians just to name 3.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

14.1% of the total American population of 316.1 Million is Black.

Whites constitute the majority of the U.S. population, with a total of about 245,532,000 or 77.7% of the population as of 2013.

There is another couple of meaningless statistics...

Which dictates that it's more likely someone black will be shot by police.

1 in 365,883 blacks shot by police...
1 in 753,165 whites shot by police...

So nearly twice as likely for blacks to be shot by police rather than whites...

But even so, those stats are also meaningless...

That factoid aside, I do think more noise should be made about black on black crime, white on white crime, & black on white crime as well as white on black crime...

The racism is trumped up.

That's an opinion, not a fact.

For people being racially targeted whether white, black or any other colour...
It's a very real problem.

& saying it is trumped up is the equivalent of saying it's not important enough to put the spotlight on and discuss like grown up human brings should.
edit on 22-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Italic & Bold

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Sremmos80

Saying the racism is trumped up is not at all denying the significance.

It is troubling and quite frightening - because someone is doing it on purpose.

To divide, to ferment hatred and suspicion, is evil to the core and the people who are doing this should be brought into the light of day and punished.

If something is trumped up (becomes a meme that is a lie at its core) then it is extremely dangerous to society as a whole and to the individuals in particular. (witness the 2 police killed just for being white policemen)

edit on 12Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:11:52 -0600pm122212pmk221 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yes people killing people is the over all problem, but why does that mean we need to stop looking at why the minority is killed at higher rate?
And I know, its cause they commit all the crimes, well it might be cause the cops focus on them.
If you only look at certain people, of course they are going to be caught more. While the people you are not looking at are doing the same things and not getting looked at.

For people being racially targeted whether white, black or any other colour...
It's a very real problem.

& saying it is trumped up is the equivalent of saying it's not important enough to put the spotlight on and discuss like grown up human brings should.

This right here.
Lets stop with "lets not talk about it attitude"

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The two police were Asian & Hispanic, so I can't guaruntee one/either would consider themselves white...

& I appreciate that the Media is definitely playings games with people's lives for ratings...
The only solution to that is for the masses to rise up and boycott the Media.

I just think it's a sad state of affairs that this has to be trumped up for it to become a viable topic to fix.

But that's just my opinion.
edit on 22-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The other question no one is asking is WHY is this being trumped up, to what end and for whom?

As they said early on in the farce of American politics.

Never let a 'good ' crisis go to waste. Even if there isn't one they will make one up.

The reason is identity politics.

Keep the masses fighting between themselves.

Biggest example of this is race,money,sex.

Never forget American politics is ALL about perception.

Where fact,statistic, TRUTH never enters in to the equation.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I said all along, that making it about race not only disguised the real problem, (the militarization of the police) and (the corrupt judicial system) but it only served to cause more racial divisions in this country.

Win/Win for the controlling government, Lose/Lose for those that are buying into it and everyone else stuck in the middle!

“Most of the evil in this world is done by people with good intentions.”
― T.S. Eliot

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I wonder if any studies have been conducted about the possibility that most police killings happen in Democrat voting areas?

Strange correlation if true.

Hmmm.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

The topic that needs to be addressed is why are blacks killing each other at such a high rate? and why are whites killing each other at such a high rate. Not the focus on the 1% who are killed but rather focus on the 90% who are killed.

Don't you think the focus should shift and look at why an average of 2000+ blacks are killing other blacks and why an average of 3000+ whites are killing other whites then why less than an average of 200 blacks are killed by police and less than an average of 300 whites are killed by police each year?

The priority is all wrong. And the stats show that of all the murders committed in a year - around 1% are committed by police equally in proportion to the number of total people killed of a given race.
About what one would expect, in fact probably lower than one would expect given the way TV and Movies show the killing rate of police and law enforcement.

Yes, if you look at it proportionately in society, proportionately more blacks are killed by police than whites, but overall proportionately overall more blacks in general are murdered each year, and by other blacks - that is the real issue that society should be focusing on.

One has to think, Why focus on the area that least helps people if fixed and ignore the area that would most help people if fixed. Looks to me like there are many people who do not want to see the real problem addressed.

edit on 12Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:22:19 -0600pm122212pmk221 by grandmakdw because: correction

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Don't you think the focus should shift

Not really, because I feel that is just like sweeping it under the rug.

Personally I think all of these topics should be given the same scrutiny...
Rather than putting one to the side in favour of another.

Everything else you said I can agree with fully.

Especially this...

Looks to me like there are many people who do not want to see the real problem addressed.

& I'd say those "many people" span across numerous professions...
From Politics, to Policing especially...
Because I do believe a percentage of these are inherently Racist & have no problem with black people killing each other.
At the same time a percentage would have no problem with white people killing each other because depopulation is also a very real ideology for some.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Not likely as it would then become a terror issue as with all politically motivated acts of violence...

& I don't think, if that was true, the republican leaning police would want to be seen as eliminating democratic voters either.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

As they said early on in the farce of American politics.

Never let a 'good ' crisis go to waste. Even if there isn't one they will make one up.

The reason is identity politics.

Keep the masses fighting between themselves.

There is no profit in all of us getting along. We even stop watching News.

We must fight each other. There is no profit in peace.

Our Media and the people behind them are the ones selling millions of books.

And laughing all the way to the Bank. Our real problem is the MSM.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

The biggest profiteers in this story ?

Are those shills on capitol hill who get paid for their beliefs.

By vote, and stocks, and campaign 'contributions'.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It is kinda funny that we talk about these stats as if they were actually
accurate in some way, I think this sums it up.

The real question here is why don't they want us to know
the actual numbers and how in goodness name did
anyone ever think it was a good idea for us to not know
something that vital. It would almost have to be
done that way on purpose.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Well people keep trying to address what they use to carry out those killings but no one wants to talk about it.

People harm others, but when they have a tool that makes it easy, they do it more.

And I would say people do try and talk about it and prevent it there just isn't much you can do to stop it all together.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I can only agree with some small portions of your argument. One day I hope "killing their own" means humans, and nothing more specific.

But that aside, what is being protested is treatment. The killings are only part of it. And the injustice seen in the Gaines killing, in particular, is revolting enough that it is shocking. But the killings are just the most extreme examples of the injustices seen daily. And its not just any specific race. Its a class warfare that is institutionalized in law.

what's sad is that we all know that there are agents provocateur at protests and rallys. And when they provoke extreme behavior (sometimes participating in it themselves) among the lesser behaved folks in the group (or people showing up for that reason), it creates a revulsion among the populace at large. In Ferguson you have people making a protest about the way they are treated, with the shooting as a catalyst. Next thing you know, folks show up and do some looting and the entire protest is denounced nationwide.

It is a class warfare. Maybe not on purpose....but the most heavily policed areas are low income areas. Statistics support this notion. The people who feel the burden of it may not always be the most eloquent in displaying their displeasure. But it is hard to argue they don't have a reason to protest.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well people keep trying to address what they use to carry out those killings but no one wants to talk about it.

People harm others, but when they have a tool that makes it easy, they do it more.

And I would say people do try and talk about it and prevent it there just isn't much you can do to stop it all together.

Dude, that's just wrong to even bring that into the discussion.

I get it, you have your opinion on that which you so slyly tried to infuse into the topic, but bad people who want to hurt others for their own personal gain or satisfaction will happen regardless!

Just as those on the Left are now trying to say the issue of 2 police officers being murdered isn't political, here you are trying to bring a guaranteed right of the American people to justify making excuses for the bad people who are doing bad things......

See your hypocrisy?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think the top story was the disappearance of an entire jetliner with no trace.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Bologna.

Killing is not a crime of convenience, like common theft. It is a crime of anger. Rage. Or necessity. Regardless, lack of a tool isn't going to prevent the crime. The killing will happen using a different tool.

There is no "making it easier" to kill someone. Not short of bombs and what not. Or preventing people from being able to defend themselves.

If you want to stop killing, you have to address the reason people kill. Not the method they kill with. In urban areas, a good start is lead cleanup, as evidenced by the links to lead and violent crime

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join