It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently the services are getting lazy.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Since the cold war both Russia and America armed all kinds of factions to fight on their behalf, or even coverdly armed a group to act as antagonist to provide a casus belli when there was needed one, as is the case in Syria, when it turned out that Assad being really evil was not enough to stafe off a mutiny over intervention in Syria.

It looks like nowdays the services are not even bothering to cover their tracks.

Have they just surrendered to the internet and figured people are going to believe what they want?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Merinda

People are going to believe what they want anyway. It is/isn't photoshopped. It is/isn't his truck. It is/isn't being used by ISIS.

A cursory glance at the stills provided, to me anyway, shows that one or the other is photoshopped. The shell casings on the ground are in identical places as near as I can tell. I'm not a tech savvy guy but I would assume a still shot is easier to doctor than a video is, so I'm inclined to think the still was altered to look newer and "cooler" than the original.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

However, it remains to be seen if the photo is entirely authentic, with a new video surfacing which suggests the photo could have been digitally altered.

A quick look at the door handle and the wing mirror would show even the least intellectual person that these are two completely different vehicles.
So would the logo on the far end of the pick up truck in photo number 1.

And it's not even close to being in "exactly the same place"... You can tell that by the right hand side of each photo...
Picture 1 contains a building & a grassy patch.
Picture 2 has concrete slabs lined alongside each other...

Finally it's not even the same Turret Gun or protective shield, nor is it the same gunman...
One has a hood and they've blurred his face...
The other is in a balaclava...

But The Daily Mail are actually far below the least intellectual & enter the realms of Neanderthal...

So there is that...

What this guys pick up is doing in Syria is beyond me...

All they have to do is investigate who bought it from the car lot he sold it to.

S&F interesting find.
edit on 21-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Added more differences.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You're definitely right about the shell casings.

Good spot.

There is some major differences though.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Touché. I didn't compare the mud spots on the ground. The older truck is clearly parked further from the end of whatever that asphalt patch is than the new truck. I sit corrected

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Yea. Seems we were looking at different details. Those casings are bang on in both pics from what I can tell.

All I can think is that maybe they took one set of pics/vid with one truck, which then moved, and then second one moved up to shoot and they took another set of pics/vid.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

All I can think is that maybe they took one set of pics/vid with one truck, which then moved, and then second one moved up to shoot and they took another set of pics/vid.

Exactly what I was thinking, my friend.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Boom. Mystery solved. You're welcome, DM

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

How did they roll the second truck into that position without disturbing the shell casings?
....just a thought about the idea that they rolled a second truck into position.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Truck backed into position and didn't pull as far back as the first one. That's my thinking anyway.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Interesting question, pal...

I'd hazard a guess that they were driving at a slow pace to help with accurate shooting*... Which in turn would be less disturbing that driving through the casings at a higher velocity.
If they're even shooting at anyone.*

But I haven't seen the video so I'm just speculating.

Edit: Or what Shamrock said

edit on 21-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yeah, has to be, because those shell casing are identical in both...just partially obscured in initial picture.

Anyways, I think there is a variety of ways "Mark's" truck could have ended up where it [apparently] did.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Anyone know what the writing on the side of the truck in the latter photo says?
Bet it is something similar to the "Mark-1 plumbing" truck....

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So it is a fake? I noticed the trucks are different. Did he do this for marketing? Fame? Stupidity?

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Looks like a firing a range where they are driving different trucks through...there are probably more trucks with a similar set up....all running through the range.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

"Abdul's A-1 Plumbing
We Fix What Your Husband Broke"

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's not photo shopped. You can see enough of the structure on the right of the photo that it matches up perfectly with the reflection in the paint on the side the Ford, that and the glow from the fire from the gun is spot on.

If it were photo shopped then Jihadi or not, the summa-mother trucker that did it deserves free round of beer for some outstanding work.

edit on 12 21 2014 by SgtHamsandwich because: Apparently I don't understand my left from my right. :/

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jakal26

How did they roll the second truck into that position without disturbing the shell casings?
....just a thought about the idea that they rolled a second truck into position.

They tend to reverse into action as the gun is on the rear of the truck, therefore I would hazard a guess that they were taking it in turns to reverse, fire off all of their rounds and then drive off. Even if they were crawling forwards, the shell casings would have definitely been crushed, the truck must weigh around 2 Tons with the gun on the rear end.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
If that Toyota had that much weight in it.

It would be sitting on the rear tire.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

However, it remains to be seen if the photo is entirely authentic, with a new video surfacing which suggests the photo could have been digitally altered.

A quick look at the door handle and the wing mirror would show even the least intellectual person that these are two completely different vehicles.
So would the logo on the far end of the pick up truck in photo number 1.

And it's not even close to being in "exactly the same place"... You can tell that by the right hand side of each photo...
Picture 1 contains a building & a grassy patch.
Picture 2 has concrete slabs lined alongside each other...

Finally it's not even the same Turret Gun or protective shield, nor is it the same gunman...
One has a hood and they've blurred his face...
The other is in a balaclava...

But The Daily Mail are actually far below the least intellectual & enter the realms of Neanderthal...

So there is that...

What this guys pick up is doing in Syria is beyond me...

All they have to do is investigate who bought it from the car lot he sold it to.

S&F interesting find.

if you look at everything except the truck, you see that this is indeed the same location.
The shells on the ground tell me, that there was some time between these 2 pictures.... so it could be the same spot and both vehicles could have been there firing.
The same spot, different perspective, different time and cars.
So not the same picture, but more proof that both vehicles exist and are not photoshopped.
You can try to overlay the pictures and you will see that the grass, panorama and the pavement are exactly the same

Edit:
I made a quick gif, to show what I mean

edit on 21-12-2014 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join