It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were in charge of Sony, what would you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Maybe I'm the only one seeing it from this point, but in my fictitious universe (where I am in charge of the company), this is what I would have done.

Step 1: Leave the full movie in an easily-accessible spot to a hacker (or give to dubious employee on a USB). Or, if feeling more confident, leak the movie onto a torrent site, and anonymously alert the mass media that there's a copy of the film circulating.

Step 2: Wait for the media hype to begin, or people to begin downloading the film en masse.

Step 3: Make a big public announcement, condemning the fact that the movie was somehow leaked onto the internet for free, and point the finger at the torrent sites or a mysterious "hacker" group that stole the film (NOTE: Don't use a common name for the hacking group; wouldn't want them to come after you).

Step 4: Sit back and watch - The hackers would go after the torrent site/illegal download sites, people that wanted to see the film would get to before the sites were hacked, the government (over here) would be happy that hackers are actually getting rid of an illegal download location (for once), and once it's all said and done, maybe release the film straight to DVD, so that anyone else that missed out on the chaos can see it.

What do you think guys? Crazy plan? Got a better one?

I'm not intending this to be serious (I mean, what are the odds a plan like the above would work?), hence it being in the General Chit Chat section.

-fossilera

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Terror threats aside...

I'd do everything in my power to stop the hackers releasing my employees Social Security Numbers & Medical Records.

Some of you may think a film is more important than these people's privacy.

Sony doesn't... fair play to them, for once.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
"If you were in charge of Sony, what would you do?"

Retire and live life.

Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I suppose the FIRST thing I'd do...is call in Rev. Al Sharpton to help us decide how to make our movies.
Then I'd pay him $4.5M so he wouldn't call our company Racist.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'd make a movie about our government hiring foreign nationals to wreak havoc on our electronic infrastructure to facilitate public acceptance of complete state control of said infrastructure.

That's what I'd do.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I would release it, make a PS4 game based on it, then hire Blackwater to airdrop entire cases of VHS copies of it in every population center in North Korea.

Then I would make an animated version where Dennis Rodman tells Kim he's "Totally not cool", then takes his ball and walks away slowly in the end with a slow heartbreaking rendition of "Gangnam Style" on cello playing in the background.

That's what I would do.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sony did what they had to do because all major theaters decided not to show the movie. What choice did they really have?

I think this rivalry with North Korea and Sony is deeper than any movie. Japan and Korea have a rocky history. Japan ruled Korea not that long ago. For a Japanese started company to produce a movie about the death of their current leader is a mockery to them and obviously they take it very serious.

That said, if I was in charge I wouldn't have produced the film.

edit on 19-12-2014 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hire whatever Blackwater became to take out NoKo. Rename it Sony (the other Korea) then give all the newly free people of Sony, Walkmans.
edit on 19-12-2014 by BlastedCaddy because: drunk grammer

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

TAKE MY MONEY!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If I were Sony, I'd give Disney back the rights to Spider-Man so that I could see a good Spider-Man movie set in the MCU.

I've seen this movie.

It's not that great. I seriously do not understand how it isn't already being torrented. If I had the physical copy of the viewer that I saw...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
hire blackwater or some other merc's an live the plot real life...

edit on 19-12-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

there were better and longer versions but the internet police seem to be on it like a car bonnet
edit on 19-12-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
First of all... Deny deny deny

Browbeat staff into telling me the most intimate of communications, then laugh because I can just fire them to appease the public and look like a hero

Let more and more hype build up.

Pretend that not releasing the film is a precaution to keep Americans safe

Feign outrage that people question the motives, and claim the company just wants to keep everyone safe

Secretly touch myself while the media gives the film free advertising

Giggle because I know that trying to censor anything results in more interest

Pretend to be upset with an idiot President that comments on everything

Put on my nipple clamps

Wait until the public is in a frenzy to see the movie I authorized to begin with and feign that I'm not happy about releasing it

Send Angelina Jolie a box of poop

Tighten nipple clamps and enjoy all the profits from a movie that wouldn't have been nearly as profitable if it wasn't controversial

Cash in my check from the govt. for helping them convince people more internet restrictions are needed

Twirl my evil moustache and say heh heh heh

Pay off the people I paid to "hack" my company

Retighten nipple clamps

Move to a beautiful tropical island and enjoy my BS riches and immunity from prosecution for helping the US govt.

Construct a lair

Construct a thing that sucks American pride and honor

Use new construct to power island

Sell technology to America (dubbed candy ass power)

Eat EVERYTHING

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I held out until the last line, then I lost it.

Well played.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I would bring back the walkman cassette player

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I would consult a team of public relations officers and security professionals before pulling the movie as a result of theatres refusing to carry it. I would then consider releasing the movie directly to consumers through DVD and downloads, only after patching up the security holes and ensuring no further damage can be done.

That way, Sony can look after its employees and the theatres and civilians threatened with terror attacks. They would also ultimately benefit through increased publicity for the film, and they would likely make more money in releasing it.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Go on bended knees before the world and people and confess all the evil things they have done and repent and work to stop the destruction the elite is pulling off, and work for equality, no money, no banks, no copyrights, no patents and a wonderful world and ASAP. We're waiting!!!!

So get a move on and do the right thing. These guys are coders of the matrix, darth vaders minions.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Ya that was probably the funniest thing I read all week.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I would spend double on advertising and release the movie. I would then take some money to combat hacking. I might even go on the down low and hire some evil bastard hackers who will give the fat boy something to be mad about. I'd make an ass out of him daily.

That being said, this is getting the public ready for a cyber attack. It's probably a false flag one at that. Kim Jong Un is comic relief for the political stage. They find it easier to rule with fear of some boogeyman or use him as a distraction. Whatever it is, it's bull#, of that I'm certain.

I'm not falling for the banana in the tailpipe!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Holy sh*t Domo
That was awesome

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

I would embrace my enemy. I would make all Sony software products available for half. I would encourage donations for software. Hell, I would Encourage community input from software developers that are more open source minded. They can be partners on some level as well, why not? Free software development thanks to community synergy I think. I would focus on hardware and just incorporate the software side of Sony into the manufacturing and development of better hardware. Sony is and always will be a go to name for electronics. If anything just buy games and titles for its consoles and entertainment systems.

Make the next generation of machine. Move on.

Also I would just ignore the hackers. Take for certain now that all will be publicized and just move on. Maybe even be pleasantly surprised who knows. If Sony also breaks their stride commercially they could be in serious trouble.

Oh,

Make a shoulder or back mounted camera with a perfect stabilizer system also with auto-tracking and automated capture functions. That would be the next step beyond the go pro cams. ¿Partner?

Like a "Predator" shoulder laser but with a camera instead.

Boom.

*Side boom= Develop shoulder mounted automated tracking systems for weapons and sell it to the government. Make it track what a helmet display is targeting / have the control be hand held mechanical triggers that operate the weapon. Think defense contracts.

A perfectly stabilized weapon system for infantry that fires accurately even if you are running or falling. That would get some peoples attention. Sony COULD develop that.

edit on 12 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join