It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Idea; The beepless microwave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Surely i can't be alone in finding the whole series of extremely loud beeps to be annoying. They make soooo many advances in tech but it looks like a button to turn the sound off has not been yet.

Do you enjoy hearing those loud beeps whenever you need to heat something for seconds only to find yourself standing in front of the machine with hand on the door ready to open when the timer hits 1

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

You are not alone! Yes, it is very annoying and I too wait by the door before it goes off.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I hate dingers. I wish I could disable them all. I'll probably end up building my next car just so I can listen to the stereo with a door open.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ever heard of wire cutters?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
no. it does not bother me
i like to be alerted when my food is done so i can, you know, eat it

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't use my microwave much. I prefer to heat my food in an oven. My microwave broke for a couple of weeks and I had to use my oven to heat up pizza and other food, like muffins, Tasted so much better that I never went back to microwaving. I bought a new microwave but should have got a toaster oven instead.

I use it to heat up a cup of coffee once in awhile.

So no it does not annoy me when it beeps. It's not that loud really. It's three short tones. I think.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

I don't use my microwave much.

Same here, I only use it to dry off the dog.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
no. it does not bother me

i like to be alerted when my food is done so i can, you know, eat it

After a certain number of uses of things that are measured in min. increments it becomes natural that we know it is gonna beep before it beeps. My big problem is just the fact that we do not even get the option of turning the alert off aside from breaking out the wire cutters like the other member said. There is nothing wrong with options but we do not get many.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well...they do have alarm clocks that dont beep, ring or buzz...they just flash on and off on your ceiling the alarm time, so I dont know why not.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Well, if you are standing there as a poster says, why not open the damned door during the last second before the sound?
Am I along in that manner of not having to hear the sound?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Well, if you are standing there as a poster says, why not open the damned door during the last second before the sound?

Yes! When I do use it. I open it right before its gonna beep. Press stop lol

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Well I don't think many people would be interested in a beepless microwave, most people want to know when it's ready. There's also the option, like the member above mentioned, of just opening the door before it beeps, since you are standing there already. Why do you stand there waiting for the beep if it annoys you so much?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I hate dingers. I wish I could disable them all. I'll probably end up building my next car just so I can listen to the stereo with a door open.
If you're capable of building your own car, surely you're capable of disabling the beeping from the door being open with the key in the ignition. Wouldn't that be much easier?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Well I don't think many people would be interested in a beepless microwave, most people want to know when it's ready. There's also the option, like the member above mentioned, of just opening the door before it beeps, since you are standing there already. Why do you stand there waiting for the beep if it annoys you so much?

Well you are wrong and you would see that if you read the thread cause at least one person agrees with me.
The point is that in a technological society we can't even get options to turn off the annoying beeping on a microwave. How about just a way to turn the volume down or just change the beeps from 5 to 1.
This would be a feature that would sell a product.
Do we really need a chime that tells us our car door is open???? It does not sound if it is not shut good but just if it is open.
Today these things are controlled by programming and it is really just a matter of code.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

that is the current fix for this noise
if you find yourself doing another task then drop what you are doing and open the door or risk waking the neighbors lol

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I read the thread and I'm sticking with not many people would agree with you.
I get what you're saying there should be options though.

Mine doesn't beep that loud. It's not like it sounds like an air horn or anything

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I always walk up 3-4 seconds before it goes off. I will not let the buzzer ding. If you just become mindful of time you can get automatic clocks in your head. Maybe its because I am used to keeping track of time thanks to the restaurant business. I dont know. I am pretty good at knowing when specific amounts of time pass to the second with no clock or reference.

I feel like I fail when I miss it and my wife with enhanced senses wakes up in the middle of the night.

LOL

edit on 12 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: skunkape23
If you're capable of building your own car, surely you're capable of disabling the beeping from the door being open with the key in the ignition. Wouldn't that be much easier?

I'm afraid of breaking any circuit in a modern car.
The check engine light comes on and starts beeping.
I have made this mistake by clipping the wires to an alarm that kept going off every time a cat jumped on it.
I took some clippers to a wire and killed the whole damned machine.
I went and gassed up earlier today and the pump kept giving alarming beeping sounds for Gawd knows what reason.
Beeps are of the Devil.
edit on 20-12-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This already exists, I used to own a GE microwave for years that had a beep on/off feature. I had an earlier version of this GE model that had a beep on/off key. It went toes up after a particularly nasty thunderstorm & power surge, and we sadly no longer have a beepless microwave. The microwave we replaced it with is a convection without that option.

GE user's manual. Ogle page 26 for sound level control.

top topics

join