It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN posts #AskACop-Hillarity Ensues

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: newsoul

That video was real and the police officer was charged. I know a few officers as well. Two in fact in the states are family. They never shot anyone either, but again, you miss the point. This isn't about shedding light on the cops who do what they are paid to do with utmost diligence of upholding the law and being a prime example of what is to protect and serve. There are tons of good cops out there, but again....the issue is not about that.

We are talking about the bad ones here. I think in America, a higher standard of education and psychological assessment should be a perquisite in order to qualify as an LEO.

So, I get it. Not all police are bad....but the system is corrupt....

Don't believe me?

Take a look around.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

So, I get it. Not all police are bad....but the system is corrupt....

Exactly. If there was a policy of zero tolerance for bad behavior there would be far less bad behavior

They've been given permission by pretty much everyone to do whatever they want to do - including juries
edit on 12/18/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: Don't write angry...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

#AskACop Do they teach you in the academy how to get away with police brutality ? How do I get away with battery & murder too ?!

how does your uniform fit over your pot belly, superiority complex, and guilty conscience? #AskACop

#AskACop Since no officer has ever been killed by a dog, why do you keep shooting them?

What if we traded paid leave for unpaid leave when a cop murders someone? Would you think twice before pulling the trigger? #AskACop

#AskACop why become a cop in a Black neighborhood if you're afraid of Black people? I'm afraid of ghosts, so you see me being a Ghostbuster?

Why do Black people love reaching for your guns? Are your firearms some kind of Negro catnip? @cnn #AskACop

(^^ Oozing with sarcasm, that one made me snort-laugh)

#AskACop If a carton of native smokes are $25 and I sell each smoke for 50 cents a piece, how many cops will it take to choke me to death?

Do cops really need backup for traffic violations, or do they just smell paychecks and bacon? #AskACop

Oh boy, I could read these all day. These are some pretty funny comments, and some pretty good zingers in there, too.
edit on 12/18/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Ummm...HA,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,HA,Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha,...............

Ha.......ha...

Some good cops.........HA, Ha, HA, Ha, Ha,Ha.........Right...

Those would be the ones out swat teaming all the BAD cops..............Hmmm...?

Gotta love the disconnect...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You sound like the type of person to nail Jesus on a cross and call him crooked.

P.S. I don't believe in the Trinity.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Good, let the hate surge through your veins. That's exactly what they want. The media plays up the stories of the bad cops, and sometimes even good cops caught in a bad situation, they stir up the hate, they stir up the ratings, and you lap up like a thirsty dog.

Don't let what you read about in the media dictate your beliefs on the entire system. The system is terribly flawed, yes. But there are a LOT of good cops out there just trying to do their job, protect the peace, and go home to their families at the end of the day. They don't get any media attention because there's no ratings or "story" in the good cops out there doing their jobs. That's what's expected. The media wants you tuned into the "BREAKING NEWS" of a bad cop because that's how they earn revenue, and you're playing right into their hands.

But you go ahead and drink that Kool-Aid. I'm sure it's delicious.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

Ummm...I guess because your one of those touchy feely...TSA...goons you've completely lost your sense of humor...?

And............NO..........I cant really think of a situation where I would ever feel the need to be...POLICED......KWIM...?

Cause Ise can takes care a myself............Barney...but thankya kindly fer bein such a good.....Works4dhs...er...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Good, let the hate surge through your veins. That's exactly what they want. The media plays up the stories of the bad cops, and sometimes even good cops caught in a bad situation, they stir up the hate, they stir up the ratings, and you lap up like a thirsty dog.

The Media is such a handy scapegoat when the fault lies squarely on the corrupt and brutal law enforcement.
Everyone knows there are good cops but the system is broken when the "Blue Code" and unions punish the good cops to keep them silent and that is exactly what is happening!

Perhaps a reading of this might help to recognize what scapegoating and a strawman argument is....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yes, I agree the system is terribly flawed. I've said so many times. But what's a good cop to do? I'm sure this question burns at them as well. Do they fight the system and simply get removed, or remain on the force, trying to do what good they can and perhaps, just maybe, act as an example of how a GOOD officer should act?

The strawman argument goes both ways. The media has made quite the convincing strawman out the few cases of bad cops out there, and we're all watching it burn quite brightly right now.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Ummm...get over your bad self...you see...I find hatred to be such a complete waste of my time...That I really cant seem to find it in me to practice it...

I know...right...they're just trying to do their job...cause we read in the lame stream nearly every day how these "good cops" are tagging and bagging all them "bad cops"........Or...wait a minute...PERHAPS...I didn't read that after all and merely inferred that from your response to my post...

Nah...I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and provide you ample room here to prove your point..............
..................................Wow I guess I'm wearing out that "cue the crickets"...file...

But you have a wonderful day and...........psst...you got any of the blue raspberry flavored sugary drink....Hmmm...?

Ha, ha, ha...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I seem to have inadvertently responded to your post BEFORE you posted it. You can stop that crickets file whenever you please, then. Hmm, I wonder if I'm a time-traveler?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

Ummm....Actually...I'd be the one ...Un-nailing him from the cross.....cause if you pause to think about it...

The message of love thy neighbor etc., is appropriate to any timeline......regardless of whether you choose to believe in any of the rest of it...or not...

As for crooked...if you rob a bank and I merely drive you there and back again...even if I had no knowledge of your escapade I would still be considered an accessory "after the fact"...So then...why shouldn't we at least consider these fairytale "good Cops" at the very least...complicit...because by keeping their heads down and...NOT...doing their jobs they are certainly accomplices for not cuffing and stuffing the "bad ones"...........KWIM...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I have read all your posts on this thread. One thing you cannot deny is we do have a serious problem in this country regarding excessive use of force, police brutality, and the militarization of our police forces. Why did ATS start a Posse Comitatus forum?

I get your point of view.

link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

Well done, CNN. Keep the racial divide strong.

Seriously .. i mean there couldn't actually be a problem with disproportionate police violence against minorities... I'm sure you've never seen it personally so it must not be real...must be the lizard people trying to geting to fight amongst ourselves instead of them!!!

Considering that police shoot more whites and mexicans every year than they do black folks we can just cherry pick what we want to.

And please don't come back to me with a percentage of population breakdown on shootings, most black people are shot in predominately black communities just like most white people are shot in predominately white communities. The percentage of population to number killed just another statistic to further divide.

CNN should have an "Ask Al Sharpton" bit going.

Hey Al Sharpton I have a question. Why is it you only seem to care about the fraction of black folks that get shot by white cops or white people in general, as opposed to the majority percentage of black folks who are brutalized and killed by their own kind?

Hey Al Sharpton This question is about geography. Why is slavery still alive and well in Africa, you do realize there are a ton of slaves over there right?

FREE THE PEOPLE!!

link   

So you'll throw a good person under the bus because they're powerless to stop evil? If a good cop tries to police bad ones, they'll get fired or taken out in a car "accident." Hell, it's not even a cop's job to police cops. That's Internal Affairs. Look at the bigger picture before defining a pixel.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lynk3

Ummm...You do have a reading comprehension issue..right...? I never once stated that any of them...WERE...good...

And...then I went on to explain my reasoning behind my opinion...

As for "under the bus"...they seem to have flung themselves there without anyone else helping...let alone little ole me...

As for them getting fired.........Waa, haa, haa...sniff...it just brings a tear to the eye...poor lil fellers...

As for..."Hell, it's not even a cop's job to police cops."........I thought the mantra from on high was "See something...Say something".................Oh...wait a minute...that was only meant for the "policed" and not the enforcer.......God where have i been...

So your essentially saying that if you happen to witness a rape at your workplace...that you should just stick your fingers in your ears...close your eyes and loudly proclaim.......nanny...nanny...boo, boo..........good show old chap...

Really good show...

You just can't make this stuff up...

YouSir
edit on 18-12-2014 by YouSir because: for lack of an "M"...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3

So you'll throw a good person under the bus because they're powerless to stop evil? If a good cop tries to police bad ones, they'll get fired or taken out in a car "accident." Hell, it's not even a cop's job to police cops. That's Internal Affairs. Look at the bigger picture before defining a pixel.

Internal Affairs are usually cops. So that is cops policing cops where the "Blue code" still operates and the corruption and brutality is allowed to continue.

What is needed is a citizens review board whenever brutality, homicide or corruption is discovered in any law enforcement department.

Here's the big picture....

www.abuseofpower.info...

www.techdirt.com... tml
edit on 18-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

'The first two should never be mentioned in the same breath as the last except to say, 'What do the first two racist, hate-mongering pieces of crap not have in common with the last.'

That was racist. Bite your tongue.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Don't let what you read about in the media dictate your beliefs on the entire system.

The 'good' cops are complicit by letting the 'bad' ones get away with murder. You say they are 'good', I don't see them stand up to the brutality. I see them stand off and let it happen.

In that regard, and others the policing system, the justice system, and prison system are very broke.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GrantedBail

This is so stupid.

I can find just as many stories about cops tyrannizing white people.

We all have a cop problem. Not just one, specific group of humans.
edit on 18-12-2014 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join