It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Research Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Ok I've had be doing a bit of discussion about zombies and I thought maybe a research project would be a good idea. I figure that I should probably get some support from a few members before I submit this to Advisor. So is anybody interested?

Odd

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'll gladly join in on this; I may have a few ideas that could contribute some validity to the theory, or at least help it hold up against naysaying debunkers.

Keep me posted on this as it progresses

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Most of my theories come from Max Books' The Zombie Survival Guide, and so have an actual background in pre-researched entities.

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Ok I'll list off the people who are willing to contribute to the project;
Odd, bordnlazy, Elija Black, and myself Cyberdude78. Before I submit this to Advisor I would like too gather ideas and outline what exactly we would like too prove. Also if possible it would be nice too have a scholar on board to help out since I've never been on a research project.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
yeah, good idea. Methinks that they know how to go about the whole "im a scientist" thing.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
As much as I would like to submit the project right now I think we should get more support. Also we should probably have a scholar, this project will most likely be treated as mere science fiction or something so we'll need to act professional to get respect. I think that the main question we should try to anwser is "Are zombies scientifically possible?", or something like that.

Odd

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Research paper on Haitian Vodoun zombies

Whipped that up last night. It's a starting point... tell me what you think

[edit on 12/14/2004 by Odd]

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That was an awesome research paper. I get the feeling that if this project becomes a reality we will most likely look into Haitian Voodoo zombies. Your paper is an excellent start for the theory of narcotic induced zombification.

Odd

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I'm glad you liked it; it isn't much, but I was bored, and pretty stoned, so... well, I tend to produce stuff like that

At any rate, we don't have to concentrate on Haitian zombies; I just wanted to illustrate the point that zombies ARE possible, within a given cultural context... that sort of lends some logic to the whole idea, and that might stop some of the people that (as was said above) might want to write this whole thing off as sci-fi.

I really want to see this get off the ground, though. It'd be great to get to the bottom of some of this stuff.

I'm already looking into some info for a second paper; this one will be more or less about the human brain, and what factors might eliminate higher cognizance while preserving animal instinct.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
You have my approval

" A really well written paper" says me.

Although, I am thinking of the Solanum induced zombification, but I have also heard about Voodoo zombies that were caused by puffer-fish extract.

posted on Dec, 16 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Anyhow my idea for the zombie research paper is to look at both virus induced and voodoo induced zombies and then draw comparisons. Naturally we should also look for religous zombies. I think I will submit this project as soon as we get a scholar onboard, unless anybody else would prefer otherwise.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
No, I'm good with that. I think I might do some kind of paper on Solanum or something

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
While I don't have time to join...I can offer some suggestions...

There is apparently a type of toxin said to be used in Haiti...I think it comes from a fish...for such rituals

Check into the Litchfield Experiment, supposedly a Nazi program for reanimating soldiers.

Look into the inspirations for Frankenstein, as I believe the scientist Shelley based him on, was doing reanimation experiments with frogs.

Bring up cryogenics.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
There is apparently a type of toxin said to be used in Haiti...I think it comes from a fish...for such rituals

yeah, I already said that. (it was a puffer fish BTW)

Originally posted by GazrokCheck into the Litchfield Experiment, supposedly a Nazi program for reanimating soldiers.

Yes, the japanese and russians did experiments in the second world war, though not for re-animation. They decided to breed zombies out of "volunteers" and put them behind enemy lines.

Odd

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
um... I wrote a research paper on that, if anyone's interested

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
yeah, its all good. I'll try and write one on something, though I can't find much info on the internet a.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Ok so it seems we have some people interested. Now it's a matter of trying to get a scholar. Once we do that we should have enough people onboard for me to submit this to Advisor.

Anyhow this threads been quiet for a while so just for organizational purposes, let's take a roll call. So who's in?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Count me in! I wanted in on this the first time this came around but i lost track of this thread. Thanx for putting this back out there dude

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   
O yeah, forgot about the research project. Will probably post it on the site, rather than here.

top topics

join