It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney Siege lies told

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
After watching the 'day after' footage on Channel 7 today, something just didn't add up. Someone's telling porkies (lies).
First we have a news cameraman's recount of the night - he unequivocally states "it was soon just Greg, a police sniper and a police technician"
Source video : au.news.yahoo.com...
(go to 1:50)

then Fast forward to 4:25 about the "Echo of a single gunshot" - it sounds like a cap gun going off not a SHOTGUN, which you can clearly hear a few seconds later whilst firing at police.

Then watch this video of host Chris Reason at 3:39 stating "throughout the ordeal, my cameraman and I were stationed here"
Source video: au.news.yahoo.com...

Channel 7 it seems are trying to grand stand their situation for ratings.
What do you think?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lavenlaar

Yes, you're right about that. I have noticed them hype their stories before such as the 2 minors that were rescued and during that terrible fire storm 5 years ago or so. They # me those people.

And the same goes for the gunman situation. Some reports say he was moving people from one side of the building to the other. While other reports say the gunman was sleeping and the male victim wrestled with him for the gun, allowing the others to escape. The media jump to conclusions and probably make # up as they go along and worry about the facts later. It's all about the scoop.
edit on 16-12-2014 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I thought that with breaking news you shouldn't really put too much weight on initial news as most reporters or news outlets are just speculating [thinking aloud] until they get more evidence?
I am sure they often get it it wrong without being part of a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Chris Reason and Greg, the cameraman, were both inside the channel 7 building. Chris was tweeting updates throughout the night. And Greg, as seen in the first video you linked, was there filming the situation. I don't think lies are being told, i just think that whoever wrote the script for one of the videos forgot to mention Chris...

Edit: Here's Chris' Twitter account for confirmation:

twitter.com...

edit on 16-12-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I thought that with breaking news you shouldn't really put too much weight on initial news as most reporters or news outlets are just speculating [thinking aloud] until they get more evidence?

why would we want to do that? everybody knows that the very first report that comes out on Twitter 60 seconds after something kicks off is 100% accurate and factual.

total sarcasm there. but it's a recurring theme here: seize on inconsistencies in reporting in the first hours of a crisis (and yes I know this is on day two, but lets be honest: the investigation is in it's infancy and people are still recovering from the shock of what they saw and heard) as some sort of "proof" that there's something shady going on. doesn't seem to matter what the scenario is, we're going to jump on a difference between a statement made in hour 20 and a statement made two weeks after the fact as "evidence."

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Hecate666

why would we want to do that? everybody knows that the very first report that comes out on Twitter 60 seconds after something kicks off is 100% accurate and factual.

total sarcasm there. but it's a recurring theme here: seize on inconsistencies in reporting in the first hours of a crisis (and yes I know this is on day two, but lets be honest: the investigation is in it's infancy and people are still recovering from the shock of what they saw and heard) as some sort of "proof" that there's something shady going on. doesn't seem to matter what the scenario is, we're going to jump on a difference between a statement made in hour 20 and a statement made two weeks after the fact as "evidence."

So in a perfect world the public should not rely on media, but instead just wait for the "official report"

Are we heading towards a Sandy Hook style media model where FAQ sheets are handed to reporters with instructions not to ask any questions? Because hey! That would weed out any of the confusion with initial reports. But as a side effect it would give state complete control over information. It's different than the Nazis though because the public demands it this time after being duped and misinformed by the media too many times.

Is this operation 'now we have you bent over a barrell' or something along those lines?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
Never said it was a part of a conspiracy, nor did I say that I don't disagree with you, but did you actually watch the videos? Obviously not, otherwise you would know it was filmed afterwards. A recount of what was happening inside the studio.

@daaskapital - plausible scenario, that I also thought about. Twitter updates... i could've done that too from my own armchair watching the tv. Weird that his last entry prior to siege was Jun13th.

edit on 16-12-2014 by lavenlaar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavenlaar
a reply to: Hecate666
... Twitter updates... i could've done that too from my own armchair watching the tv. Weird that his last entry prior to siege was Jun13th.

Not weird if you read the last few tweets before he "vanished" from Twitter...

"Today was my last day at 7News....well, until December! After 25yrs, it's time to take some annual leave, 6 months worth! See you at Xmas!!" was posted on June 13th...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here we go. A forensic armchair analysis of what people said when it was all happening to prove something strange. Journalists are not superhuman and in the stress and excitement of a live event often make mistakes.

I'd wait for the coroners report if I were.

Regards

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I did notice Seven news seemed to have some bizarre misplaced sense of pride that it occurred across from their offices

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not to muddy the waters, but I saw an interesting weird bit I'd like to share. The location of the incident is the same as the lady in red scene from the Matrix- 52 Martin Place.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
First of all there was so many clear TV shots of the man.. why didnt snipers take him out? motive? a flag!? why didnt they give him a flag and save 5 more hostage? backround check on the man murderere 40 sexualt assult.. why is he on streets? convert from shia to sunni like all Iraninas hate

Former iranian agent or thief? expert on black magic,astrology,yoga really i mean it sound like bad villain from a Bollywood movie..

And of course alredy premade TV shots and interviews of the man.. and the storming of the building 1000 shots 20 sek 30 shots why? and the victims heart attack!? and trying to take the gun from him when sleeping not try to escape?

more and more it doesnt make any sense besides same all bs like all the false flags since 9/11
a reply to: lavenlaar

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Not to muddy the waters, but I saw an interesting weird bit I'd like to share. The location of the incident is the same as the lady in red scene from the Matrix- 52 Martin Place.

That is interesting, however it sort of falls into the 'feed conspiracies to discredit conspiracies' department.

Matrix was a very pro-Israel movie and this new ISIS threat is also very pro-Israel. There is a connection there but in the end it will be chalked down as fanatical CT'ers believing whatever they see in the "movies".

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You know what's weird? One guy who was interviewed during the day who worked there apparently but didn't go to work for some reason. A rather stocky looking Asian man.
He seemed VERY calm and was repeating certain things. His speech was consistent and clear no inning or ahhing for someone whose colleagues are apparently try trapped inside. Almost as if he had rehearsed what he was going to say.
There was no stress or panic in his voice oddly. He was very calm and composed.

When the police stormed the cafe who was the man in the suit standing not too far away watching casually?
Why was he there?
He didn't see to be a police officer as a D would have had a lanyard around his neck especially on a situation like that.

How many flash bangs did the police throw in there? Seemed like every cop lined up at the door was throwing one in at least.
How many did they need to disorient and subdue him?

When some hostages came running out of the side door immediately after a cop in full gear came casually strolling out..didn't seem concerned or in a hurry. Until one of the other cops pulled him and hurried him along. Kind of strange considering there's supposed to be a crazy terrorist with a gun just Inside that cafe.

Why was the opera house and harbor bridge closed and put into lock down?

Why Is it that whenever an incident occurs in a western country that country's security services have recently conducted anti terror drills in the exact same spot the incident goes down in? And yet despite the recent training drill they still manage to be unable to avoid casualties.

I'm also wondering why the news cameras were allowed to broadcast LIVE footage of the police going in. An example...In Adelaide there was a siege with potential hostages at a brothel..suspect was armed and wanted by police who launched a man hunt for him.
There was a large exclusion zone and no media was anywhere near the brothel.
Yet in Sydney during a terror incident news crews are all over the place???? Doesn't make sense.

Don't know whether any of this means anything.
Maybe it's just oddities and nothing to it. I don't know this is the first such Incident we've ever had in Australia involving terrorists.
edit on 16-12-2014 by mortex because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-12-2014 by mortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Valid points Mortex. I wondered about the cop coming out too... they 'escaped' but was seen strolling out as you say.
I know the Opera House was in lockdown for around 2-3hours. A large building that had a bomb threat. You would like to think it would be closed for days until all searched including the multi multi multi level carpark below it.

Im just hoping nothing will come of it, but around 1 million people will be around Circular Quay > Mrs Macquarie's Chair on NYE for the fireworks. I was going in with my kids, but i think i'll stay on the north side instead.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

There is no connection, Martin Place has been used in several movies and tv shows..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure if you really tried, you'll find some tenuous link between them all though

edit on 16-12-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: mortex
You know what's weird? One guy who was interviewed during the day who worked there apparently but didn't go to work for some reason. A rather stocky looking Asian man.
He seemed VERY calm and was repeating certain things. His speech was consistent and clear no inning or ahhing for someone whose colleagues are apparently try trapped inside. Almost as if he had rehearsed what he was going to say.
There was no stress or panic in his voice oddly. He was very calm and composed.

When the police stormed the cafe who was the man in the suit standing not too far away watching casually?
Why was he there?
He didn't see to be a police officer as a D would have had a lanyard around his neck especially on a situation like that.

Not only him, watch the footage (uncropped version) when the 2 cafe girl workers run out during the day. The second girl casually steps out turns around and remembers she is on camera.
How many flash bangs did the police throw in there? Seemed like every cop lined up at the door was throwing one in at least.
How many did they need to disorient and subdue him?

When some hostages came running out of the side door immediately after a cop in full gear came casually strolling out..didn't seem concerned or in a hurry. Until one of the other cops pulled him and hurried him along. Kind of strange considering there's supposed to be a crazy terrorist with a gun just Inside that cafe.

Why Is it that whenever an incident occurs in a western country that country's security services have recently conducted anti terror drills in the exact same spot the incident goes down in? And yet despite the recent training drill they still manage to be unable to avoid casualties.

I'm also wondering why the news cameras were allowed to broadcast LIVE footage of the police going in. An example...In Adelaide there was a siege with potential hostages at a brothel..suspect was armed and wanted by police who launched a man hunt for him.
There was a large exclusion zone and no media was anywhere near the brothel.
Yet in Sydney during a terror incident news crews are all over the place???? Doesn't make sense.

Don't know whether any of this means anything.
Maybe it's just oddities and nothing to it. I don't know this is the first such Incident we've ever had in Australia involving terrorists.

Not only that check out the un cropped version of when the 2 girls escaped during the day, the second one casually walks out and remembers she is now on camera.

Chanel 7 also interviewed a girl who was apparently due to start work there that day, and she was visibly shaken up. I haven't seen that footage you are referring too however.

edit on 16-12-2014 by hamburgler101 because: my post was missing.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: MALBOSIA

There is no connection, Martin Place has been used in several movies and tv shows..

That is because it is available for hire....
www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

When some hostages came running out of the side door immediately after a cop in full gear came casually strolling out..

He was not inside the building...

The bridge was not closed, just one exit.

Why Is it that whenever an incident occurs in a western country that country's security services have recently conducted anti terror drills in the exact same spot the incident goes down in?

It was not the exact location....

And yet despite the recent training drill they still manage to be unable to avoid casualties.

Why aren't you offering your services to police, you appear to be a expert. How many similar incidents have you been in charge of?

Why do people just make crap up and post it here?

edit on 16-12-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

When some hostages came running out of the side door immediately after a cop in full gear came casually strolling out..

He was not inside the building...

Too bad the footage showed him WALKING OUT OF THE SAME DOOR THE HOSTAGE CAME OUT OF.

The bridge was not closed, just one exit.

Too bad the reports on ABC24 said THE BRIDGE is also closed along with the Opera House.

Why Is it that whenever an incident occurs in a western country that country's security services have recently conducted anti terror drills in the exact same spot the incident goes down in?

It was not the exact location....

Too bad I NEVER said the Lindt cafe was the exact location of the drills previously.

And yet despite the recent training drill they still manage to be unable to avoid casualties.

Why aren't you offering your services to police, you appear to be a expert. How many similar incidents have you been in charge of?

Why do people just make crap up and post it here?

Is this guy for real? Or is he just being a typical troll who pops up whenever serious, valid questions are asked about events?
I'm starting to wonder just how many people on ATS are actually "people", and not those programs we heard about that the NSA was running to sway opinion, influence forums, influence online polls, fake Facebook accounts with full backgrounds etc...You've got to wonder with some "people" the way they bang on and on with the same nonsense trying to drown out any opposing posts.

Let's go through this, as simply as we can for our fellow poster who obviously has trouble comprehending.

The police have trained, held drills, for this very event.
The tactical group you saw going in to end the siege, are highly trained people. I assume in NSW, like other states, these people are required to pass regular shooting drills that are mandatory. I'd assume that was the case in NSW given Sydney is our biggest city with the highest profile etc.
They are trained to be able to deal with these situations.
They aren't your regular cops on the beat. You'd think that this much was pretty freakin obvious to most observers given the equipment they wear and use compared to ordinary police. But apparently we have people who aren't that cluey even when something is in front of their face.

Of course we don't have the results of their drills, we don't know what is an acceptable level of casualties if any to them, and under what circumstances such scenarios are expected to play out.
The fact they brought in containers to contain any explosive devices, the fact there was a large number of ambulances and fire trucks moved in...the fact they shut down landmarks like the bridge and opera house...well, kind of tells us they were running through the motions preparing for every eventuality.

Reports on the day even said that an alert went out to police in the nations capital particularly around Parliament house.

But it's ok, because I've apparently just made up crap and posted it online.
And why? Because some fake profile disagrees with the points I've raised. That fact alone should raise eyebrows about the points I raised in my other post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join