It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't seem to start a thread, I have over 20 posts.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Please guidance?

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ZzurvanN

Where are you trying to post?
Some forums have more then just the 20+ post req

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You have started a thread. This one. You may be trying to start a thread in a forum which requires additional conditions met. It would be helpfull if you let us know which forum your trying to start a thread in.

Welcome to ATS btw...

posted on Dec, 15 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
another thing, after the title hit the space bar and the button to post will appear.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Find the forum of choice ( non-restricted ie; 911 is restricted )

Click on "new" in the dropdown menu and follow the prompts ...

James Garner is always welcome in my books !
(RIP)

edit on 16-12-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

OK. Guidance.

You see the top bar on your page? It says ATS then video, then TOP then live and so on?

Click Forums. Has two chat bubbles overlapping.

You'l get a list of the forums. You're going to have to use judgement here. If you tell us what you want to post we will tell you what forum to put it in. It is not always obvious, and don't be that member that says "Mods, if this is in the wrong forum please move." They don't see everything and move stuff when it's appropriate anyway (stop doing that older members).

When you find the right forum, click it. Look around the top of the page for a button on the far right side that says "New Topic".

Click it.

It will give you a screen where you can enter a thread title, and a big old space where you enter in the thread and the links and such.

Have fun.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Just be sure to ask the mods to put it in the correct forum ...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Thanks so much for all the helpful responses. I was hoping to post in posse comitatus. Are there further requirements than the 20 posts?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Yes.

Some forums, such as that one along with 911 And the RATS forum require 200 to 500 posts.

-Tenth

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Ah, thank you. How do I find out the specific requirements for each topic?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Just do a search. I did and found this saying you need 500 posts to start a thread in that forum:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's easier to find official requirements on the 911 forum, just look for the sticky at the top which explains it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That requirement is based on a minimum WATS score. They should have a stickied thread at the top of each forum with special requirements which they do for 911 as cited above, but I couldn't find it for the Posse Comitatus forum and neither could a moderator so I think it's missing and should probably be added.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Excellent info. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out. Happy holidays all!

new topics

top topics

join