It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2015 oscar predictions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
any thoughts yet?
im working my way through as many movies released this year as i can.
the nominations have not been announced yet but it should be soon. the oscars are feb 15th i think.

these could be way off and i will make my official guesses when the nominations are announced, but i thought it would be fun to guess now.

as of now, im thinking

best picture----birdman or foxcatcher
best picture---david fincher(gone girl) or clint eastwood(american sniper)
best actress---amy adams(big eyes) or julianne moore(still alice)
best actor----steve carell(foxcatcher) or eddie redmayne(the theory of everything)
best supporting acrtress----emma stone(birdman) or meryl streep(into the woods)
best supporting actor-----mark ruffalo(foxcatcher) or edward norton(birdman)
best original screenplay----nightcrawler
best adapted screenplay---gone girl
cinematography-----interstellar or birdman
editing-----no idea
visual effects----interstellar
costume---into the woods

i dont know man...im feeling birdman this year

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I have no idea who will be nominated or who will win.
And the movies you posted ... I haven't seen any of them.
I guess I should get out more or something ...

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

well thanks for the contribution

i dont get out much either. i have not seen all of them but a good deal

you dont watch movies?

you should watch nightcrawler...i think that is one movie that most members of this site will appreciate
shows behind the scenes goings on of the news media and how they are creepy bastards

gyllenballs plays one of the least likeable characters i have ever seen

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Go out and see Interstellar for sure!!
then maybe Gone Girl and Nightcrawler

Interstellar is going to take the best visual effects, the best original soundtrack, cinematography and editing.
Probably nominated for the best picture (however it's not going to win that). & maybe Matthew will be nominated for the best actor as well... but you just don't win an oscar twice in a row, so he ain't gonna win that either IMHO.

edit on 12-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have three small kids. The only movies I see in the theater are made by Disney, Pixar or DreamWorks.

That said, I'm going with Jake Gyllenhaal for best actor. Interstellar will probably clean up on all the technical awards. The rest in a mystery.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

i figured interstellar was a lock for visual effects and into the woods for costumes.
youre right about the back to back thing.
i think kate hepburn won back to back way back in the day
tom hanks did win back to back. i dont think it has happened since.

plus, the huge budget/effects laden movies dont usually score the best actor/actress nod.
ive got a feeling about steve carrell this year but that dude eddie redmayne killed it as hawking. i didnt like the movie overall but he did a damn fine hob.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Just wanted to point out:
The Walt Disney Company bought Pixar in 2006 at a valuation of $7.4 billion, a transaction which made Steve Jobs Disney's largest shareholder.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I predict that all oscar winners will be up their own asses in a glorified media circus..

If there is ever a televised award ceremony for carpenters, or truck drivers etc, then I might watch.

But I won't be adding any kudos to an over bloated Holywood ego any time soon.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

OST for Interstellar was composed by Hans Zimmer, by many regarded as the best contemporary composer/film music genius. So the best original soundtrack also no-brainer and going to Interstellar.

I've always wanted to see a sci-fi movie winning the best picture.
Nolan was pretty close with Inception, but didn't get any closer with Interstellar. Let's hope he's got something else up his sleeve and will deliver in two years something mesmerising.
It's said that Nolan may be the one to direct Ready Player One so that's a very good opportunity IMHO.
That is his ultimate challenge I guess, to win the best picture with a sci-fi movie - to break that curse.

David Fincher is a great, mind-bending director...but his Gone Girl was just not enough.
edit on 12-12-2014 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

The Walt Disney Company bought Pixar in 2006 at a valuation of $7.4 billion, a transaction which made Steve Jobs Disney's largest shareholder.

Yes. I know that. They still release their movies under the Pixar and Disney name though.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker

originally posted by: Necrose

Yes. I know that. They still release their movies under the Pixar and Disney name though.

Fair enough.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If I'd seen more movies this last year than I actually have maybe I could tell ya because I'm fairly good at predicting Oscar winners. This year though was a minimal movie year for me.

a reply to: Grovit

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

it's time to start downloading m8
you can watch them during holidays

new topics

top topics

join