It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever just learn something that makes you feel really stupid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
or something that you wonder 'how did that get by me for all these years'

hopefully i am not the only one that goes through this trauma, if i will feel even more like a gump.

anyway, my wife brought a toaster into our marriage. i hate it. it always burns my bread even though its set to like 2.
well, earlier i finally lost it and flipped out. threw it out and said we are buying another. then she dropped it on me.

let me first say that out of all the toasters i can remember, the dial has had a number and some sort of guage/bar type deal to indicate how toasty.
ok
well, this dumb ass toaster just has numbers

so, i set it to the number 2 sometimes a touch less and it still burns my toast. i have assumed till this point that the number 2 was level of toastiness on a 1-10 toasty scale.
1 being bread and 10 being black toast.

apparently the number is the indication of minutes...
i mean, can you believe it.
it makes perfect sense......

37 years and i did not know the number on toasters meant minutes....

have you got anything like this?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I learned that sometimes people post "sources" that they haven't even bothered to read yet, and then make comments that directly contradict their own source. That was a head scratcher for me.

I do have to ask, though....you kept a toaster for 37 years?!? How the crap did you not throw it away like...36.5 years ago and claim that it just mysteriously broke one day?

Thanks for the laugh though. But no I don't have anything like your story. Yet.....

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This right here!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I learned that sometimes people post "sources" that they haven't even bothered to read yet, and then make comments that directly contradict their own source. That was a head scratcher for me.

I do have to ask, though....you kept a toaster for 37 years?!? How the crap did you not throw it away like...36.5 years ago and claim that it just mysteriously broke one day?

Thanks for the laugh though. .

anyway, my wife brought a toaster into our marriage.

your post made me laugh too.

no, this one has been in this house for 4 years.
i dont make toast too often...she seemed to have had this problem worked out the entire time she has had the toaster, just decided to laugh at me every time i want an egg sammich

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I just had my moment, because I now realize I completely misunderstood the "brought a toaster into our marriage" comment lol
edit on 11-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: Freakin typos man

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

bwahahahahahaahah

add that to my list too.

i also never closed the lid to the plastic wrap when i attempt to get some...and i never get any without it turning into a ball or plastic #

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Lol, while I can't remember any experiences at the moment, I remember a thread here where some guy spent his entire life sitting on the rim of the toilet bowl instead of using the seat because he thought it was for females.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I just had my moment, because I now realize I completely misunderstood the "brought a toaster into our marriage" comment lol

i was waiting for it.
had you not been you(i love you man) i would have berated you for the slip

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit

bwahahahahahaahah

add that to my list too.

i also never closed the lid to the plastic wrap when i attempt to get some...and i never get any without it turning into a ball or plastic #

Dude!

No lie!

I do believe someone posted a vid on this guy awhile back, and talk about feeling like an idiot!

I use those tabs religiously now!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

never knew here were tabs and never thought to close the lid before attempting to tear the plastic wrap.

i actually avoid using plastic wrap because i can never rip a piece without it getting wrinkled up and stuck together...
i hate it..
now i love it

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Would've been well deserved. Don't worry, I called myself names

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
im still laughing at the video with the foil and plastic wrap.
i just checked my foil box. it is generic foil and sure as hell, it has the tabs

wow

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Would've been well deserved. Don't worry, I called myself names

i cant do you like that though.
youre like the brother i never wanted

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grovit
im still laughing at the video with the foil and plastic wrap.
i just checked my foil box. it is generic foil and sure as hell, it has the tabs

wow
roflmao

Yep, I did the same thing when I saw the video!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I grew up thinking possums boinked the female in her nostrils with their bifurcated penises.
I was well into my mid thirties before I discovered, empircally, that this was not true.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

yeah
i never would have thought i would need to join the spetsnaz to learn how to use plastic wrap and foil

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I have had the same microwave for years and I still don't really know how to use it, I just punch buttons ending with start and sometimes it works. On the subject of foil, the dull side of the foil doesn't leach aluminum into the food when you cook with the food against it. I didn't watch the video, service sucks. I guess the less knowledgeable Ive ever felt is when I started researching religion, I really felt like not just an idiot but a naive sucker as well.
edit on 11-12-2014 by center because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Rabbit turds are not smart pills.
My great grandfather had a cruel sense of humor.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
We had a member here who always thought toilet seats were for women only. Because they sit…as they do.

He had always sat on the bare-rim. He never knew men and women BOTH used the seat!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

thats funny.
i know about the seat and i sit to pee too

i could never quite master pissing without hitting the rim and the floor even. so, i have been sitting for the last 20 years or so

top topics

<<   2 >>

join