It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Registered Florida sex predator wins $3 million lottery jackpot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong pedophiles are scum that needs to be removed from society, filth of the worst class but... WHY IS THIS A NEWS?!?!

So a guy wins the lottery, 3 millions not 500 or something just 3 and it requires 100+ news articles because 15 years ago the guy was convicted of raping a kid, nothing else all articles are the same the same

A convicted sex offender in Florida became an unlikely millionaire over the weekend when he purchased a Super Millions scratch-off lottery ticket at a 7-Eleven.

Timothy Poole, who was arrested in 1999 following the allegation of sexually battering a 9-year-old boy, took home nearly $3 million. The Mount Dora native cashed out his ticket on at Florida Lottery headquarters in Tallahassee on Monday. He got a one-time, lump-sum of $2,219,807.90.

And them the rest is of what he did, and all the articles have similar title to the one of my rant, all shows his photo name and information like saying go get him.

Florida convicted sex offender wins $3 million lottery jackpot

There is no law to prevent a ex felon in Florida to buy lottery, win lottery or claim the price so why is it news, news agencies are low.

The man is trash, does he wining the lottery is newsworthy? not for me get a life news agencies

Also if you are the unwanted sludge of society and win the lottery perhaps it would smart to hire a lawyer to claim the price for you... grats on your price

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Florida lottery winners can't stay anonymous. But when I saw that on the news yesterday, I didn't really understand why everybody had to make such a big deal about it. What he did is heinous, but I don't see how it correlates to the lottery.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Winning the lottery is public information. So it would be covered no matter who won.
I understand it stinks that such a person won big..
Let's hope the once 9 year old boy finds out.... and cashes in on a college education.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
so, no respect for this guy, but my question is WHY is it public information?
if i win the lottery i want that under wraps, it's like inviting unwanted attention, so why is that info public in the first place?
feels like a really dodge idea :/

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Nothing to do with public information or not being able to keep anonymous.

It's called news agenda.

These stories that anger us are stories that sell the most and cause the most hype - all leading to better sales of the paper/more clicks on the site.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

WHY IS THIS A NEWS?!?!

It isn't , it's a way of filling column inches and getting clicks , it also gives their readership an opportunity to vent their spleens.
It happened here in the UK a few years ago.
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I always say - don't ask WHAT is in the news ask WHY it is in the news.

The media do not care about public interest/public information, merely what will sell.

And as gortex says above, loads of comments/arguments at the bottom of a story just increases the hits to the site.

News is not a service - it is a business. A corrupt one at that.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I saw the headlines on fox news....
The title alone was indication enough that I didn't need to click on the story..

As the old thing goes..
What is understood, Doesn't need to be discussed.

Ironically here I am talking about it. And I never clicked.
The only story I felt worth clicking on this morning, was the story of a would be 4th generation firefighter from Rochester NY.
The 21 y/o got an inoperable brain tumor..... all he wanted was Fire Department Patches from a cross the country.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I don't understand how sick people like this ever win anything. Surely they should be paying for their crimes in some dungeon or something...

For those who say 'God works mysterious ways' and such.... well, would your God let guy like this win anything. Does he deserve it?

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It is nothing to do with God, lol. It is cause and effect. The guy had a winning ticket, simple as that. We can pray all we like to win, but it is not going to influence the draw.

The guy did the time for his crime. He won the lottery fair and square in a totally legal way.

Let's all get wound up because we think we deserve it more. Naughty spiteful people.

Who knows, may be this little win will have a positive effect on the guy's life?

Or...carry on and get all angry about it, our choice.

This little bit of news had no impact on me other than raising an eye brow at the response of people.

In the case of winning the lottery, in Jim Morrison's words;

"You cannot petition the Lord with prayer"!

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well isn't that fabulous. That's great for him.....Super. What a perfect start to my day, reading about his good fortune. Just ducky.

As always, sarcasm is included at no charge.

#$%^&*(&^%$#@#$%T^Y&*(&^%$#@#$%^&*&^%$# There. I feel a little better.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   

That's enough money to move to some down trodden country somewhere and abuse as many underprivileged kids as he sees fit.

Don't hate me for saying it what you were all thinking.

As to "why is this news" I think some would argue, that he should be serving life in prison right now, not free to abuse more children in the future.
edit on 12/11/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

That's enough money to move to some down trodden country somewhere and abuse as many underprivileged kids as he sees fit.

Don't hate me for saying it what you were all thinking.

As to "why is this news" I think some would argue, that he should be serving life in prison right now, not free to abuse more children in the future.

Second chances... Or something like that.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

This is why I call for a ban on lottery. Far too many people who don't deserve it have been winning it.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I agree on the why is it news!

He's out, done his time, bought the ticket and won. There are many others who have done time and are out working higher paying jobs than mothers and grandmothers looking after babies and doing Good work. Its not an issue here.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
probably already has it spent on some 11 year old getting sent to him routed through albania...

new topics

top topics

join