It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You CAN detox your body. It's NOT a myth.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I felt it my duty, my obligation, to launch a rebuttal to yesterday's thread claiming that bodily detoxification is a myth.
(Sorry for brevity. but I don't have much time)

First order: Let's address the link the OP provided:
Here it is.
I read it. It borders on the nonsensical. The absurd.
Let's take a look at one of the article's many claims. This contributor is Catherine Collins, a nurse.
The comment:
Collins guffaws at the notion of superfoods.

Yet registered dieticians, biochemists and nutritionists will rate nutritional values of foods. Here you go:
superfood
That's one out of thousands of articles. (To refute her)

That's just my opening counterclaim.
I was fired upon by ATS members claiming I didn't provide "scientific sources" for my claims, yet my assailants used wikipedia
as their "scientific source". That's just flat-out laughable. Wikipedia is about as scientific as The Kardashians.

I use research tools like pubmed and the National Library of Medicine,
not wiki and google.

The OP's article cited a medical professor who claimed that our bodies don't accumulate toxins. Here's a pubmed article:

There is no question that the world is becoming increasingly toxic, with worldwide dissemination of industrial chemicals, pesticides, heavy metals and radioactive elements. Many of these toxins have demonstrated harmful effects including cancer, reproductive, metabolic, and mental health effects. It is also known that many toxins undergo bioaccumulation through the food chain and that synergistic effects can occur whereby combinations of toxins can be more potent than the sum of individual toxins.

Here's the link.

Regarding superfoods, I don't know how well this has been vetted:
Nutrient density
But there are claims that these foods are indeed "superfoods".

To summarize:
You can find many articles out there that will confirm my claim that the human body does in fact accumulate toxins, and that certain dietary procedures and supplements will detoxify your body. I'm assuming that you're not a moron, and you can do some research.
You may want to start here: ( Wait! I thought MDs thought detoxing was a myth)

WebMD detox

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
hell yea man I need to detoxify myself. I think my blood is full of lead from all the old electronics I used to scrap and still do. But everytime I get a physical, I am told I am in great physical shape and rather healthy and well. I uppose if my blood was toxic I wouldnt be able to donate blood as often as I do.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I applaud you for taking the time and the effort to repudiate another thread (viewpoint) in a concise and informative manner. Thank you. You’re the type of ATS contributor that makes this place great.

As for detox? I believe you can - if for no other reason than you begin a healthier way of eating/drinking/living that at the least does not contribute to an increased input of crap into your system.

Beyond that? Liver and Milk Thistle? Etc? Well, as we are all made up differently and uniquely I do believe some ‘detox’ agents will contribute to our better health - and for others? It just might not. One reason it’s so important to get to know your own body and the benefits that either support better health - or not.

Cheers to you! Great job! S&F!

peace

edit on 10-12-2014 by silo13 because:

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Nice, I'm glad you did this. I spent some time in the other thread and tried to back you up.

I particularly appreciate your emphasis on the power of superfoods.

Let us not forget exercise, the most important of all.

We can heal ourselves, we can detoxify, it just takes hard work and strong will power.

Once you feel the effects, there is no questioning, and it becomes, in a sense, a healthy addiction.
edit on 10-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: Superfoods

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
We can heal ourselves ...

Really ?, are you going to give me a piece of your liver ?
[ with fava beans and a nice chianti
]

edit on DecemberWed, 10 Dec 2014 20:27:27 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well done sir!

I saw the title to the other thread, chuckled to myself and continued on my way!

The premise of such a title is as you have so eloquently described as nonsensical and absurd! I appreciate you taking the time providing links to the western scientific acceptance of the benefits of detoxing.

People in the East have known about this for quite literally thousands of years, hence the existence of fasting.

It is so funny that they can call food super food, due to how toxic the western diet is.

Our physical bodies are quite wise, there is a reason for the reactions our bodies give and lets take acid reflux as an example. This is a warning sign from you body telling you that what you are eating is not appropriate, you should not eat that food. What do people do, they go and take pills that cause their bodies to stop producing acid!! Ludicrous, simply ludicrous and it is what "medical doctors" recommend.
edit on America/ChicagoWednesdayAmerica/Chicago12America/Chicago1231pmWednesday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The original source claiming Detox is a myth IMO, is a propaganda peice formulated in response to the fact that more and more of us sheep are taking control of our own physical health through a truly healthy diet, coupled with exercise, as well as our own mental and spiritual health through questioning and ultimately shedding dogmatic beliefs.
edit on 10-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: Fixing

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Yes, detox with FRESH FRUIT AND VEGGIES and a SMALL amount of lean mats. NO processed foods, and NO sugars (including the ones added to canned/bottled foods).

1 glass of "milk" has almost a whole day's worth of sugars!

People need to get back to eating healthy, not a bunch of sugar and preservatives from boxed and canned goods.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
I felt it my duty, my obligation, to launch a rebuttal to yesterday's thread claiming that bodily detoxification is a myth ...

In that thread you neglected to respond to my post demonstrating your ignorance on this subject ...
www.abovetopsecret.com...abovetopsecret .com/forum/thread1045738/pg6#pid18752042
So I felt it my duty to draw people's attention to your post in that original thread , ( see the link above).

originally posted by: ColeYounger
Sorry for brevity. but I don't have much time

There is is a legal expression " a moron in a hurry" , it's a term for someone who buys unwittingly buys blatantly fraudulent merchandise , ( one should not follow their example ).

If you are interested in weighing up the pro/con evidence see here ...
sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-detox-scam-how-to-spot -it-and-how-to-avoid-it/
edit on DecemberWed, 10 Dec 2014 20:49:07 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frank12345

We can heal ourselves ...

Really ?, are you going to give me a piece of your liver ?
[ with fava beans and a nice chianti
]

I said we can heal ourselves. This takes effort, passion, determination, and strong will on our part, I can do nothing for you, look within.

You are needing a new liver? Have you done anything in terms of nutrition to combat your situation if so?

I'm confused, the cannabalistc reference confuses me further.

Plus, you don't want my liver, I may have history of being a recreational drug using alcoholic who abuse benzos on and off. Yet, I am not blind. We grow stronger and wiser during the hard times.

And yes, Really, you CAN heal yourself. It takes science as well as faith/spirituality, In which there really is no division. Quantum material and physics being the force that bind the two/all things, together.
edit on 10-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I said we can heal ourselves.

"we" includes you and me , ( if you wanted to avoid sharing you should have written "our respective selves" ).

I'm confused, the cannabalistc reference confuses me further.

The smiley face icon at the end of the cannibalistic reference indicates humour.

... It takes science as well as faith.

No faith required , the treatment will either work or not, irrespective of the patient's faith,
e.g. pet animals can have cancer surgery , they are not capable of having "faith", yet some are cured by the treatment.
"faith" is just another name for wishful thinking , which is not harmless ...

whatstheharm.net/detoxification.html
whatstheharm.net/internetmisinformation.html

edit on DecemberWed, 10 Dec 2014 21:10:22 -0600pm12k12345 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the advice on the first part. My abilities to articulate waver along with my mood and emotional state.

The Hannibal joke, while I got it, was not humorous and I still fail to see how it applies.

I couldn't disagree more about your view on the power of faith. Our thoughts are powerful. Our minds, our emotions, are POWERFUL, Faith in any situation is hardly irrelevant.

As for pets, Dogs show more faith than humans on a regular basis. More loyalty by a longshot. What of all the story's of dogs who have held out in the pound, miserable, until the right family comes along and adopts them, the dog suddenly transforms and is happier than ever.

What about dogs who wait by their owners door all day until they return home from work, all based on faith, faith that their best friend will return.

Dogs detecting cancer, saving kids......Dogs, all animals should be revered in their emotional, spiritual, and loyal faith. It is superior to the ego currupted version we all foster, and feel is so beyond reprieve.
edit on 10-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank12345

In that thread you neglected to respond to my post demonstrating your ignorance on this subject ...

I'm not sure what your motive is. I've made it clear that I use objective medical and scientific research.
The link you've provided is ridiculous. LINK

It states emphatically that the human body does not accumulate toxins. The statement is patently ridiculous.
Chemical toxins are stored in fat cells. You don't have to be an internist to know that.
Toxins stored in fat cells

Here's an article from a well-respected M.D. who has healed many people through a dietary detox regime:
Toxic Cleanse

An article from the famous Dr Oz:
Are You Sick?

edit on 10-12-2014 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Nice post. I saw the other post saying detoxing is a myth and thought it didn't even dignify a response. It is hilarious when people use Wikipedia as a valued source. I guess the NIH, PubMed, and other reputable sources are just too confusing for some. Flag and a star.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Two questions.

1. What toxin are you claiming to cleanse from your body?

2. What is the mechanism for which your "detox" removes those toxins?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
In fact here's a link to his highly recommended 3 day detox cleanse here

I'm not a huge fan of his but he gets most of his info from others anyway.

There's a saying "if I can cause a fever I can cure any disease". Or something close to that. Can't look right now. But it is referring to being able to detox the body and cleanse. Ancient practice.

Good post OP.

edit on 10-12-2014 by remotev1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Two questions.

If you have time, watch this vid. Bergman is a renowned expert on nutrition, physiology, and health and well-being.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Here's Bergman's full video series on detoxing. It's very instructive:
Health

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: remotev1

I'm not a big fan of Dr Oz either, but at least he'll talk about nutrition and supplements as opposed to just recommending drugs. That in itself makes him OK in my book.

I've only seen him on TV a couple times. The last time I saw him he was speaking out against the way doctors overly prescribe anti-depressants and anti-psychotic meds, especially to children. I thought that was cool.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
Two questions.

#1,

Mercury from amaylgym fillings, fluoride from most water and dental products, as well as other metals and trace pharmaceuticals that are in most water as well.

All that is leached out of plastic bottles and alumninum cans.

Artificial colors and artificial sweeteners.

Pesticides from mainstream produce.

Radiation.

Mental toxins thanks to our mainstream entertainment/propaganda........

Some examples, all of which soley reside within my own opinions, experiences, and observations.

#2,

WILLPOWER, FAITH, Effort, work ethic, desire, passion, persistence and heart are the foundation.

Now you build.

The labor process is an extensive routine consistent with regular exercise, a drastic change in diet, working your brain with spiritual advancement, all the while eat the way we humans were intended to. That is plant based, mostly raw, with minimal animal flesh.

The mechanism? Has it not been proven that certain dark greens bind with metals and eventually excrete them through urine? Regardless, a heathy diet detoxifies us, plain and simple.

Is that claim confusing healthy eating and fasting with detox regimens? No.

It is the same GD Idea, only one works, and one is the lazy/gullible mans way out. Which doesn't work.

If you want to detox, it is possible, very much not a myth. It just takes honest desire, patience, and hard work.

edit on 10-12-2014 by GoShredAK because: Spelling error

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join