It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Forgotten Origins Trilogy - local ATS author!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So just a little side note: I write more than just young adult scifi.

I have also started a middle grade mystery series, comparable to Nancy Drew, Trixie Beldone, etc. It's called the Samantha Wolf Mysteries. The first book is The Mystery of Hollow Inn:

Twelve-year-old Samantha Wolf, and her best friend Ally, are excited to spend part of their summer break in the mountains of Montana. But unbeknownst to them, Hollow Inn is bathed in mystery and legend. After arriving, they soon discover that things are not going well for Sam's Aunt and Uncle, who own the Inn. There's vandalism, ghostly sightings, and rumors of lost treasures. Determined to help, Sam and Ally embark on a challenging journey to discover the truth.

Book #1 in the Samantha Wolf Mysteries

I wanted to share it with you, to give another example of my work and writing style and because I have decided to run a Kindle Countdown deal on it. This is one of the features that Amazon has, if you publish exclusively through them. It will be just 0.99 for the next three days, then 1.99 for three more and then back to its normal price of 2.99.

This a fast, fun read and while the POV is different than the trilogy, it will still give you a little sample of my writing style!

Link to Amazon for .99 cent sale

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Okay, so I am really excited to share that the audiobook for Bloodline is out!

After much research, interviewing and opinion gathering...I narrated and produced this myself. I experimented with the above posted book (The Mystery of Hollow Inn) and it was well-received, so I went ahead and attacked Bloodline. It was a huge undertaking and I'm hoping I pulled off the 20+ voices in the book!

Here is a Link to the audiobook

There is a five-minute sample there. If you are interested in listening to the whole thing, let me know. I have some free codes for it! (20$ value)

I'm looking for some honest feedback on it!

One of the big reasons I undertook this project, was because of the urging of other self-published authors. I myself am not an audiobook listener. I have always enjoyed reading and reading to other people, but not being read to! I especially hate it when the narrator does ridiculous voices for the characters. Anyway...I had to listen to a bunch of samples and a couple of books to even figure out how I should do it and the proper pacing, etc., because it's different than just your normal 'story time hour' at the library, or acting in a play. (both which I have done)

If you are a writer or an aspiring writer, this is a venue you want to look into. You certainly don't have to narrate it yourself. At ACX, you can look up narrator/produces and have them audition for you. You then come to an agreement to either pay them up front per finished hour, or split the proceeds. If you DO decide to do it yourself, be prepared. There is a huge learning curve here. It's one thing to narrate it and a whole other to edit/produce it. You will spend a minimum of $200 on a good mic with a built-in processor and then you need software, and a very good ear (and patience!). Creating the sound room was fun.

Anyway...take a listen to at least the sample!!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: westcoast

I went to buy your book the other day and thought i wish it was on audio as I have silly back at the moment ( ski accident 2 years ago still niggling me ) and it hurts to hold a book or even a phone for extended time. NOw I am in bed today drugged happily to the eye balls on pain killers and hot chocolate and listening to your book.

I am really proud of you.

NB / by ski accident I mean mulled wine tumble at a ski lodge.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Ahhh...I'm so sorry for your pain! I have been dealing with whiplash since I was rear-ended on the freeway earlier this year. It actually delayed my writing by several months because I literally couldn't hold my arms up at the computer. I ended up buying a laptop that could support word in order to start writing again. Your situation is obviously much worse than mine was, but I can relate to a certain degree. I hope you are feeling much better VERY soon!

Thank you so much for getting the audiobook! I hope that it takes you to another place for a little while.

Be sure to let me know what you think (honestly)...and I will hope for a quick recovery for you!!!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Okay, one more quick post for today.

I'm excited about this! I just found out that Bloodline made a short list (top ten) for Indie Book of the Year on a pretty big book site!!!

Please take about ten seconds to go and vote. There is NO registration or anything else required. There is an option to enter a giveaway by leaving your email, but you don't have to.

Winning this would be SUPER cool!!!!!

Vote here for Bloodline, scifi book of the year!!
edit on 19-12-2014 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Congratulations.

I just voted, good luck!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

Me too!

(WC my back is probably not worse than yours, it just has attacks every few months)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the votes!!

I would say that the hardest part of being an Indie author, is trying to get noticed among all of the tens of thousands of other self-published novels. Then, of course, you have the traditionally published books with the marketing giants behind them, and it takes a certain amount of tenacity and luck to find your audience!

I know that slow and steady wins the race, and I feel (hope) that my books are good enough and will eventually grow in popularity if I don't give up. It's these sorts of contests that really help with that!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I put Bloodline on sale for just 0.99 until January 1st. 2015

So now is a good time to Go to this link and check it out!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Merry Christmas!!!

The first person to respond, gets a FREE copy of my audiobook, Bloodline. ($20 value)

(From audible dot com)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

And a merry Christmas to you as well.

P

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Thank you! The audiobook has been sent!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I'm very curious as to whether any of you have read (or listened) to any of the books? I would love to get feedback (good or bad) from the ATS crowd!

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 17 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Hi westcoast,

I have not. My life at this time does not allow the time to relax. Crazy times for me.

I must ask,

Have you checked into those monitors at the stadium?

Being I just moved to the "Badger State" I'm just curious. Haven't heard anything on the new's about this weekend.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Ha...I hear ya!

I follow the PNSN on FB....here is THE LINK for monitoring the stadium!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Thank you!

Will be checking that out later today.

When I first heard about this experiment, I thought it was so cool.

I never was a big fan of the green and gold, but as they say, "When in Rome..... LOL!!

Have a good day.

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
So a little update:

Today, I just released my sixth book! It's the second book in my middle grade series: Samantha Wolf Mysteries.

This one is called: The Secret of Camp Whispering Pines

It's a fun story and one that is close to my heart. I you ever went to camp as a kid (or even if you didn't), you'll enjoy this mystery!

Link on Amazon

Now...to make the audiobook!! (as well as the next two for my scifi trilogy!)

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have made two of my books FREE this weekend! SO...here is your chance to sample my work!

First, is the 2nd book in my trilogy, Heritage:
Amazon link to Heritage (american)
Amazon link for the UK versionhttp://

The other one for free is The Mystery of Hollow Inn
Link to Amazon - US
Link to UK version

Enjoy!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
For anyone who has wanted to check out my trilogy, I have made the first book, Bloodline, FREE until this Saturday! This is free across ALL channels on Amazon, so hopefully, you can get it free pretty much anywhere in the world.

Amazon link

Let me know what you think!

posted on Feb, 19 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It is good.

Do you know my knew one is finally out. A Symbiotic Bond

It sucks that we have to wait for a very long time to see if our efforts in getting the word out actually pay off.

Still, I just get a kick out of having my book read.

Do you think that the market is price sensitive or not?

P

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join