It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

swastika wrapping paper pulled from walgreens shelves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Walgreens is pulling a Hanukkah wrapping paper from its stores after one shopper noticed a disturbing symbol hidden in the blue-and-silver pattern. “We were wandering around the store and saw the wrapping paper and I looked at it and said, ‘These are swastikas,’ and I just blew it. I didn’t know what to do,” Cheryl Shapiro told the Los Angeles Daily News. “I called my rabbi. It was four in the afternoon but it was still Shabbat so he wouldn’t pick up the phone.” The 63-year-old grandmother told NBC Los Angeles that she went to the manager of the store to complain about the Nazi symbol. "I told them I wanted this taken off the shelves immediately -- not just your store, but national," Shapiro told the station. "I was really putting my foot down because I was appalled by this."

people need to chill out. of course one woman sees something she does not like and she is just appalled.

called her rabi even?

good to know if you put your foot down and demand a store does something nationally in every store they will do it

wonder what i can get them to do?

first i have to be appalled by something

maybe i will say that i have been looking in every walgreens near me for this specific paper, and i am appalled that i cant find it.
i demand you stock it....

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I think it is time we take the symbol back from the nazis and make it what it should be a symbol of peace.
Plus the tash hitler had, Oliver hardy had one and is a great comedy tash.
In fact I may sport one.
edit on 9-12-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Ohhh, so that's where it was. I saw a photo of the paper on a different site and all I could see was a geometrically stylized letter "I".

Make sure this woman never sets foot in India. I'm sure the existing Jewish communities there have zero problem with the symbol as it is there, but my my, it's all over. She'd have a field day calling her rabbi and contacting officials to have them scrubbed from existence from those old structures.

/sarcasm

Sorry, I've kinda had my fill of PC wussies today.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
it is also ridiculous that 1 woman gets offended and appalled at absolutely nothing but it is equally ludacris that the chain is giving her what she wants.
its unreal...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well... in Germany, the shop would be under fire, too.
It's a meme-thing, we recognize that symbol over a thousand feet away...

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Cool. So now I can kick off about that crappy six pointed star on things as it's a symbol of zionist oppression? Infact, I can even kick off at hexagons because they imply a six pointed star. Excellent. I hate six sided shapes and everything they stand for!

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Her and those like her need to 1. get a bloody life 2. grow a thicker skin 3. live and let live ..

I find the israeli six pointed star offensive as its a symbol of genocide and oppression .. as well as the cross offensive .. yet am not out demanding products with those symbols be removed from shops ..

To those who want to complain call 800555waahhh your complaint will be handled ...
edit on 9/12/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I guess the nazis really did win

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Remember kiddies.. this isnt okay but it is okay to bend to the will of anti-American. Islamist.
Ats..your bias is showing.

Ignorance in denial
a reply to: Grovit

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Such was the trauma for Jewish people resulting from Hitler's attempted genocide that this symbol haunts many. It is not surprising that occasionally misunderstandings happen. The symbol on the paper is not crooked and is obviously the authentic version and not Hitler's.

I just want to remind people that Hitler's version of the symbol is different to that of the Buddhist, Jain and Hindu ORIGINAL:

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
This symbol is called Odins Fylfot meaning four foted its one of the oldest mighties power symbol associated with fire and lighting particulary to Thor invoking strenght of will, might & protection.. It was adopted by Hitler as in all the Runes he used as Military symbols from Viking Norse mythology.. as the nazis adopted the fylfot so has the zionist adopted the hexagram like the pentagram known symbol for occult magic uses so the star of david was never unique jewish symbol it was choosen as central symbol of the flag 1897 at the first Zionist congress held in Switzerland. .reply to: Grovit

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Wow. Jewish people should probably avoid visiting Japan then. Especially since Nippon Telephone and Telegraph company is clearly run by Hitler himself:

They even have little shrines dedicated to Hitler all over the place:

And OMG, they've mapped the shrines so you can Heil Hitler all over the city!:

edit on 9-12-2014 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It's not a swastika.
It's a Greek Key design.
Greek Key
Greek Key

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: che33

I forgot about the rune. Yes, you are right. It is a rune symbol, too.

I wonder if Hitler et al used the symbol from this influence or the Hindu one?

I'm thinking more runic. It makes sense to the overall ideology of the Third Reich.

Horrible, horrible! Damn, I must admit I don't like the Swastika Nazi symbol one bit!

I do find something quite creepy in all symbolism. Think I'm sticking with my decision not to let symbols hijack my beliefs. It all goes back to not worshipping idols.

There seems to be a power related to symbols. How fascinating. How strange that certain patterns can have such an effect on our minds. That is why I avoid attaching significance to these insidious patterns before our eyes.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

The wrapping paper looks like the Greek Key more than anything else. Very well spotted.

edit on 9-12-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: wrong word.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Nitwit

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I-I-I, what next? WHo pays this close attention to things in a store?

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I remember a story of this one guy of many who got nailed to a cross and supposedly had an excruciating death. The same guy said to something along the lines of the people needing to worship God, but for some reason people keep bowing down and kneeling to this death device known as the cross.

This is why every time I see a cross I think it needs to be banned from sale or sight.

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I suppose she received her 15 minutes of fame.

Norma Jean

posted on Dec, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Then they better pull Wonder Bread from the shelves because I saw a figure of Jesus in a piece of toast.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join