It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man locked in Psych Ward over bank fraud allegations may have been telling truth!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Forgive me if posted before, but.....

A German man was locked up in a psychiatric ward involuntarily after he accused executives at HVB bank of laundering money and misappropriation. His wife (ex) was one of the co-accused and after he went public, found himself at the end of spousal abuse accusations and allegations of paranoid delusions. This set into motion his incarceration by none other than a diagnosis (not in person) by a psychiatrist who may or may not have been friends with the man's wife.

This story is unreal?

My question is how supposed doctors of this psych ward did could not distinguish him from possibly being sane and insane? Is the psychiatric industry that corrupt and fraudulent?

dailymorning.net...

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Goldcurrent

[quuote]My question is how supposed doctors of this psych ward did could not distinguish him from possibly being sane and insane? Is the psychiatric industry that corrupt and fraudulent?

YES

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The guy must not know all that much.

If he did, he would be dead a long time ago.

He's lucky so far.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

All it took was three family members signatures in order to have me locked up in a psych ward. I spent two weeks there under lock and key (but don't feel bad for me it was for the best and I'm still under out patient care with plenty of meds). Anyway my point is that if your committed to a psych ward the doctors don't always listen to you, because they know people lie and deny things in order to be released, it takes time to earn the trust of the doctors.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Yes it is. It's (at least here in America) set up to strip the person of all rights and dignity they have. People are stripped down to make sure they don't have marks (done in front of at least two people), they will not give the person their medication the first day/night they are in there (whether it's stupidity or to make the person snap to justify their stay, no idea), then they tell the person when they can sleep, eat, shower. It's a constant struggle to prove sanity despite witnesses or circumstances.

In America, the justification used by the staff is the very fact that you're there-----so you must be a threat in some capacity.

At a punk show I found out it's much the same in Canada (from the lead singer of Cetascean). Although American "psych wards" are nightmarish, ever see photos of them in other countries?

Only animals can treat other humans like animals.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Yes and they always have been, My own mother is the victim of a serious fraud and there were repeated attempt's to have her declared crazy over here in the UK.
You see it all depend's how much money is involved and who stand's to gain from putting an innocent person out of the picture to steal there asset's.
This has been a problem throughout history, psychiatry is only a pseudo science anyway overburdened with qualified quack's.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
7 years in a nut house and he is still there
people should go to jail for this crime which looks organised by many influential people

that money-laundering activities were indeed practiced over several years by members of staff at the Munich-based bank, the sixth-largest private financial institute in Germany,

Sue them for tens of millions and for kidnapping

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

The effects of the medications they prescribe and how they feel a pill is an instant answer proves they're qualified quacks.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I guess this would be a good case for the Rosenhan Study..

en.wikipedia.org...

Funny thing is that after the voluntary admittance of subjects, and subsequent evidence of the inadequacy of psychiatric diagnosis, there were institutions that rose to the challenge. One institution asked Rosenhan to submit fake patients with the challenge that staff could identify said imposters. Of the 190 or so new entrants, the institution identified 30-40 'fraudulent' admissions.

However, the joke was on the shrinks. There were NO new 'agents'.

edit on 8-12-2014 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Goldcurrent
Forgive me if posted before, but.....

You never need ask forgiveness for exposing abuse.

His wife (ex) was one of the co-accused and after he went public, found himself at the end of spousal abuse accusations and allegations of paranoid delusions.

Welcome to 21st century justice.

This story is unreal?

As a male who was incarcerated and medicated as a child along with his male siblings while the female sibling of equal age and guilt walked free... this story is entirely real.

My question is how supposed doctors of this psych ward did could not distinguish him from possibly being sane and insane? Is the psychiatric industry that corrupt and fraudulent?

What if your ability to feed your children was put at risk... due to a couple of people of "questionable" record?

It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
That's tragic and horrible. Hopefully he gets some sort of justice. But when you work in a greedy industry, you have to expect the worst of people.

Dont conflate psychiatry with all psychology. Psychiatry is the physical aspect of it - thus PSYCHIATRISTS are likely to prescribe medication as an answer to everything. Many get sponsored by companies to promote their brands.

With that as a background, its not surprising that some might have money as a motivation. But dont paint all of psychology with that brush.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What you said seems so right with the obvious murder by 'suicide, car accident - the list goes on and on - by people shutting up people who want to warn the public of whats going on.

Fortunately social media, which the news reader yesterday was at pains to tell us is not looked at by TPTB, which means actually it is very much spied up, today doesn't give them such an easy ride. I do hope that this weapon can help save the lives of those trying to expose the real corrupt. Its so 18th century to have a 'nuisance' relative put inside an asylum.

Fortunately most of our asylums were shut as the british government is too tight to do much for mental illness so its not that easy to get into a ward here and they kick people out very fast.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I used to work in mental health and the stigma against mental well being is alive and well (reading this thread).
Easy to say it is all BS but when you are suffering from a mental health illness it sure is not BS.
I have helped treat many people and many do get better or at least can go on and lead a full life.
Now back to the OP here in the UK each patient is given an advocate who will fight for the rights of the patient, it is just one tool to help these people getting the treatment they need.

I agree that Mental health is not funded well in the UK but things are improving.

Oh and the doctor in germany should be struck off.

Oh and the Asylum days are gone now in the UK...of course story's will pop up of bad treatment but the majority of the professionals go into the work for one reason...to help people.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

dailymorning.net...

No, they're just ill-trained.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: Shiloh7
Now back to the OP here in the UK each patient is given an advocate who will fight for the rights of the patient, it is just one tool to help these people getting the treatment they need.

Sorry that is not true.

I've voiced my opinions on previous threads. It stresses me too much to go over and over on the same points but what you say here is not true.

If an advocate is given it is often too late and after any event where intelligent knowledgeable intervention would have helped.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Some people can fake it.
I knew one guy who was in prison for theft and he displayed being mentally unwell and he was sectioned under the MHA.
He played on his illness for months and I and others suspected he was faking it due to his behaviours only happened when staff were around.
The kicker was when his original sentence was up he turned around to the doctors and told them he was faking it all.
Took him another 9 months to show us this though.
Society has to make sure that he was not just lying to get out.

Some people play on their illness when they want something the trick is having a good empathic team to know when people are faking or not.
Some fake it due to the units being better than stuck at home alone but 99% of people whom we helped just needed the right treatment to carry on with their lives.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

This article is old, he's now been subsequently released from the psych ward.

There is a wiki page on him..

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

In my experience at my place of work once someone is sectioned an advocate is allocated to them ASAP.
The advocates came in fortnightly to interview the patient privately and brought up any concerns to the medical team right away or took action.
Iam sorry you had a bad experience but mental wellbeing is getting better.

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

But recent evidence brought to the attention of state prosecutors shows that money-laundering activities were indeed practiced over several years by members of staff at the Munich-based bank, the sixth-largest private financial institute in Germany, as detailed in an internal audit report carried out by the bank in 2003. The report, which has now been posted online, detailed illegal activities including money-laundering and aiding tax evasion. A number of employees, including Mollath’s wife, were subsequently sacked following the bank’s investigation.
from the article posted above .. (emphasis mine)

WOW~!!!!!

This guy needs to be released based upon this very investigation ~! I'd sue to the highest court over this .. !!!

posted on Dec, 8 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

dailymorning.net...

No, they're just ill-trained.

Not all are ill trained of course some are but that goes for any Job.
Some expect a quick solution to treat mental illness but it is different for every person and thus it can be hard to get to the end of the road.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join