It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tape Of Eric Garner Killing Shows Him Cuffed & Lifeless

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Title says it all. New video shows the aftermath of the choke hold/takedown, and a whole of standing around talking to a man who is either passed out or dead.

"It’s the second Eric Garner video that made me cry.

Not the one where Officer Daniel Pantaleo chokes Garner for 15 seconds before smashing his head into the sidewalk for 10 seconds as other cops hold down and cuff Garner, ignoring the pleas he issued with the last air in his lungs:

“I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe. I can’t breathe.”

It’s the video shot minutes later as Garner lies dying among men and women in uniforms, men and women who seemed not to give half a damn, that broke me down."* The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur breaks it down.

I wonder if the Grand Jury were privy to this video? Probably not right?

edit on 6-12-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

His chest didn't move once in all of that footage...

He was long gone by the time the EMS arrived.

I've seen extras in TV programmes lying "dead" and their chest moves more than his.

And he's a big guy with big lungs, you'd see his chest move if he was breathing.

It's disgusting that not one person tried CPR.
edit on 6-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
A black female supervisor watched it all go down without stopping it. She stood there with her hands on her hips while he cried out that he couldn't breathe.
Shouldn't she bear some responsibility?
edit on bu312014-12-06T11:02:11-06:0011America/ChicagoSat, 06 Dec 2014 11:02:11 -060011u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

She should take responsibility because I believe she was the officer in charge.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
A black female supervisor watched it all go down without stopping it. She stood there with her hands on her hips while he cried out that he couldn't breathe.

Why does it matter that the supervisor was black or female? Why couldn't you just say there was a supervisor there? Hmmm

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

She should take responsibility because I believe she was the officer in charge.

The fact that she was in charge... And black, kills any chance of civil rights charges being filed at a federal level.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Okay.

But I look at this a police brutality case but just because she is black doesn't mean the NYPD doesn't target blacks. Their own history proves otherwise.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Okay.

But I look at this a police brutality case but just because she is black doesn't mean the NYPD doesn't target blacks. Their own history proves otherwise.

A lot of protesters are looking at this as a racially charged case.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

well apparently it matters that the officer was white.
so, this should matter too.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: butcherguy

Why does it matter that the supervisor was black or female? Why couldn't you just say there was a supervisor there? Hmmm[/
quote]

See my other reply.
Hmmm. You just want to jump on anyone with a charge of racism.

HMMM.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

And there's a reason for that but it's not solely a racial case. The NYPD killed a man who they said was selling loose untax smokes but yet found no smokes on him. What did they accomplish by killing him? Are the streets safer? Judging by their actions the answer is clearly no.

Didn't he just break up a fight before they arrived?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

And there's a reason for that but it's not solely a racial case. The NYPD killed a man who they said was selling loose untax smokes but yet found no smokes on him. What did they accomplish by killing him? Are the streets safer? Judging by their actions the answer is clearly no.

Didn't he just break up a fight before they arrived?

it just bothers me that race is brought into it again...

this cop should be in jail...i couldnt believe it when i watched the video.

they didnt accomplish anything positive thats for sure

i would much rather have garner on the street than the cop that choked him out
no question

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Well, for one, it shows that this is not a 'racial' issue. It's a people vs the corporate army issue.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

While there is definitely a race issue here I never brought it up nor did I want it to turn into that, Butcher wanted to though. What bothers me is the brutality of it all and how the police are clearly above the law.

Police and prosecutors are the problem here.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What the hell is the EMS person doing...lol

She could not tell there was something wrong....really seems like everyone covered up that he was most likely dead on the concrete.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I just had a post removed for saying this but again, he had nothing in his hands and did not even ball a fist!
The fact that all the trained persons there did no CPR says a lot! They are all trained to do it and no one bothered.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

This is exactly what I was going to write on this thread. You are right, While I haven't read further than your comment yet so I dont know if other people have reacted with the same response as you but I couldn't agree more. Ever since this kicked off I've said that the uproar shouldn't be about the mans skin colour but about the fact that a police officer is allowed to put a banned sleeper hold on someone and kill him without being dealt with properly. The investigate seemed to be to quick for my taste and I'd be saying this if the victim was white, black, pink or blue. It shouldn't matter.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Grovit

While there is definitely a race issue here I never brought it up nor did I want it to turn into that, Butcher wanted to though. What bothers me is the brutality of it all and how the police are clearly above the law.

Police and prosecutors are the problem here.

The protesters across the country brought race into it.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

i didnt mean you.
i know you didnt bring it up.

im talking about the media and the protestors.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You really don't think there's a race issue here?

You're the one who brought race into this thread. This thread is not about race, it's about police brutality and this new video just goes to show how brutal it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join