It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It’s official: America is now No. 2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Tardacus
America`s youth are too busy protesting in the streets, every time a thug gets killed by the police, to be bothered with trying to stay competitive with the rest of the world.

One of the reasons the US is falling behind is because dumbass hyperbole, finger pointing and scapegoating has replaced logic, critical thinking and the ability to reason.

The reason why America fell behind is because we stopped investing in our future. We cut funding to the Dept of Education then allow higher education to be priced so high that the average American simply can afford to go to college. Now other countries that offer these things to their citizens will keep pulling ahead while we keep falling behind because profit is more important than anything else including our people.

Please please please tell that to WeAreAWAKE who can find no one to blame but Obama,Obama has his sins,but this is not one.

I never said Obama was to blame. This nation started going downhill when Reagan was in office.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The nation started going downhill years before that dope was installed.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
how is anyone "at fault" for China taking its population that is 3 times larger than the US, and creating an economy?

So China and its billion denizens are finally seeing that they can earn about 1/3 of what a US worker makes. Which is an improvement.

And that is someone's fault?

Should I blame someone in my house because the next door neighbor was able to improve their house? Maybe put a new roof and coat of paint on it?

Is wealth a contest? Why? Cuz 'Murica?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Americans became fat, lazy, incompetent, complacent and apathetic. This country has no one to blame but themselves.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

that`s nonsense, the country was growing and booming back when a lot of people didn`t even graduate from high school, and even fewer people graduated from college.The only thing young people today need educated in is strong work ethics and a little hard work.

Study some history back then the government invested in the people of the nation. Also back then a person didn't have to work multiple jobs just to survive.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Americans became fat, lazy, incompetent, complacent and apathetic. This country has no one to blame but themselves.

Blame for what?!? What, exactly, are we talking about? The desire to be "number 1"?

What does that really mean? So our nation has the largest economy in the world while at the same time also having the largest income disparity in the world. So....being "number 1" means that the wealthiest are getting more wealthy?

Fat, lazy, apathetic...sure. We can throw that in there. But why? Us being fat, lazy, and apathetic has absolutely nothing to do with the topic.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Meanwhile, America continues to suck the bottom of the barrel on education. But never fear....we have the most rich people in the world. So all the plebes can live vicariously through the wealthy while claiming they are from the worlds wealthiest nation.

LOL...so American. We don't care how dumb someone is, only how much money they have. Its the only explanation I have for Kanye still being famous.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The reason why America fell behind is because we stopped investing in our future. We cut funding to the Dept of Education

Outside looking in from Canada, I believe that the most obvious problem was and still is the killing of manufacturing jobs and therefor the middle class with what used to be huge purchasing power.
Same deal for us at home here, so many factory's abandoned and left to rot you hardly even notice them now. What once were nuisance weeds and empty buildings are now forests. You can't see the abandoned buildings for the trees.

Regards, Iwinder

edit on 5-12-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Our constant need for convenience and comfort led us to exploit other nations for cheaper goods, thus some are now able to rise up. How does that have nothing to do with the topic?

The truth hurts and Americans are no longer "number one". Wah, big deal but a lazy population more focused on the game and getting home to sit on the couch means a population that will not maintain it's perceived superiority.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I'm sure it;'s because those countries are getting on and doing stuff, and not prattling on about how the PResident was born in Kenya and gay marriage is destroying the family.

You know - addressing real stuff and not BS!

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Being a global bully and fighting contrived wars is not only expensive but changes a nations culture in basic attitudes as to what is really important.

We are now a warrior nation, we are in the business of war, and that being the case; has it's consequences. Economic, culturally and spiritually. A spiritual malaise into sloth, excess, unbridled consumerism and stupidity.

Another war and 2nd place will look real good.

costsofwar.org...

edit on 5-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

They want us to address bunk instead of real stuff. That way we're distracted, unwilling to care and focus on real issues and they can divide us even further.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: olaru12

America`s youth are too busy protesting in the streets, every time a thug gets killed by the police, to be bothered with trying to stay competitive with the rest of the world.

One of the reasons the US is falling behind is because dumbass hyperbole, finger pointing and scapegoating has replaced logic, critical thinking and the ability t

The reason why America fell behind is because we stopped investing in our future. We cut funding to the Dept of Education then allow higher education to be priced so high that the average American simply can afford to go to college. Now other countries that offer these things to their citizens will keep pulling ahead while we keep falling behind because profit is more important than anything else including our people.

Please please please tell that to WeAreAWAKE who can find no one to blame but Obama,Obama has his sins,but this is not one.

I never said Obama was to blame. This nation started going downhill when Reagan was in office.

Sorry Buster I replied to the wrong person gomenasai
edit on 5-12-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

By "rise up" you mean "achieve a reasonable standard of living", then yes. They have. Maybe its lazy Americans. Maybe its a mix of Nixon and Clinton and their policies. Who cares?

Me personally? I don't have any problems at all with China doing better economically. The entire premise of 'civilzation" is that individuals invest in the macro. People buy into ceding things they want for the better of the whole. I think its fantastic that the folks living in China are potentially going to see their investment in civilization start to pay off.

Quality of life: its not just for Americans. Although, apparently, jealousy is.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Who's jealous? Not me. America's "superiority" was never meant to last, it's become too bloated to support itself.

All people matter, whether they're a mile away or three thousand.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Don't forget that half the stuff China is producing is stolen from the US. They're sneaky little thieves.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DutchDuke

And extraordinarily patient. Face it America, relying on sweatshops to produce plastic razors kind of backfired lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah like this started in just the last six years.

True enough the decline began MANY years ago leading all the way back to T. Roosevelt, and the 'ending' of monpolies, and antitrusts.

Then that stupidity got another help of stupid from Wilson.

Then even more stupidity from FDR.

Going forward to the Frank Dodd ACt, the ACA, the thousands of NEW regulations THAT KILL business in this country.

Then compound that asinine stupidity with the living wage bullsnip.

But hey who cares just blame Reagan!!!!!

What a GD joke.

The decline of America is due to the 'progessive' ideology.

How the EFF does communist china have a better business environment than so called 'capitalist' America?

Well that explains all the foreign companies that are more than happy to start companies here in the states.

Doesn't take a GD econ degree to see why business leaves this country.

Because it's cheaper elsewhere.

Yes when Reagan laid the pathway for NAFTA he laid the groundwork for the failure of this nation.

So CLinton signed NAFTA in to LAW, but it's Reagans 'fault'.

I wonder why the left is never responsible for anything they do.

No capitalism is all about that mental illness called greed.

That was effing hilarious.

What the hell do people think;

Wheres my job at ?

Wheres my living wage at ?

Where's my free home ?

Wheres my free healthcare?

IS ?

That mental illness called GREED.

Run business out of this country, strangle business in this country.

And what do people expect.

But hey 'Reagans' to blame.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

It's a friggin miracle we're even in second place when you consider we're like 30th in education. I'm sure we're also in the top 3 in percentage of obese morons.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

China has bought up... over the years a lot of the U.S. debts...we are financially beholden to them. So China being #1 and U.S. #2 is to be expected.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join