It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

in the movie for a crazy, funny, strange movie...watch 'tusk'..new kevin smith flick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...

When podcaster Wallace travels to canada to interview someone his plans don't go well and winds up meeting a strange man named Howe who has many stories to tell about is past life, during his interview he wakes up the next day finding out Howe isn't the person he thought he was, Howe has plans to surgically and mentally turn him into a walrus.
------------------

very odd movie. i just watched it. it starts out in the typical kevin smith fashion. the jokes..the humor. the references.
then it gets very strange...its strange but it is actually a good movie...
the dialogue is snappy. its twisted...not gory, but twisted. at least the 2nd half of the second act, and the 3rd act.

this is the first in his true north trilogy. i guess the next in the trilogy is going to be called yoga hose and the last will be called moose jaws. he said think jaws but with a moose. that should be awesome.

johnny depp is in this and i think he was quite hilarious.
michael parks is the guy that wants to turn him into a walrus and he does a great job at being twisted and bizarre. not too much of a stretch, tarantino fans will recognize him.

apparently the movie idea came from a gumshoe advert(from what i hear it is like the uk craigslist)

the ad stated that a man was willing to give a person room and board in exchange for them dressing up and acting like a walrus. smith and mosier talked about it at length in their podcast and he left it up to his fans via twitter though votes as to if the film was to be made. fans voted yes so he made it.

i guess the ad was a hoax by some kevin smith fan that wrote the ad and then sent it to him somehow and it all snowballed from there.

here is a spoiler image.

bwuahahahahahaha.....

its really from the movie

yoga hosers plot

www.imdb.com...

Two teenage yoga enthusiasts team up with a legendary man-hunter to battle with an ancient evil presence that is threatening their major party plans.

for #s and gigs, here is a recent pic of him without his beard. he looks like a child molester

edit on 2-12-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
The sequel
Will be I am the egg man.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

explain please?
i dont get it

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

not a Beatles fan then.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ecossiepossie

huge beatles fan.
i get it now that you said that
koo ku kachoo

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Watched this yesterday was going to start a thread but searched first.
What an utterly insane movie.
I purposely avoided reading any spoilers over the last however many months.
I knew it would be weird but man!!
Some of the scenes are creepy, some are completely insane and some just hilarious.
I wouldn't say it's a great movie but you should most definitely watch it.

I thought Michael Parks was incredible in Red State and he is just as sensational in this.
Genuinely fantastic acting.
Neither film will win any awards or change your life in any way ,but his performances in both are awesome
edit on 3-12-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join