It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claims That The Moon Landings Were Faked: A Gov't Psyops Tool?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if those disclaimers of the Moon landings are really psyops folks that the government employs. An absurd idea? Well, think about it. The world is rushing into more and more data and information collected about the solar system, tinged with the ever-constant, ever-increasing possibility (with Kepler, SETI, etc.) that we may find some manner of life (past or present). This whole load of mind-expanding events is simply too hard for some people to accept even when the evidence is presented as with the Apollo landings.

So a counter view is created, a seemingly semi-valid backlash with some legitimacy to help ease them into the acceptance that they don't want to accept: that man can travel in space, can reach the Moon, and possibly can reach Mars if the authorities say we can and ETs probably exist out there somewhere. That tactic allows those that don't want to accept the truth because of religious reasons or sheer ingrained ignorance, to have a safe place they can park beliefs, idle their minds and not feel intimidated by the hard facts most people accept without question. In short, such programs help keep them sane by providing them a mental escape hatch while continuing to pay their taxes, even if shaking their heads is bewilderment as they do so. After all, bamboozling the pubic is a constant activity of all areas of government and even its close ally these days, science. Now it goes without saying that such a psyops program is tailored after the government's denial of the legitimacy of UFOs when most aware people know quite well that is all baloney. In both cases, the goal is to tamp down a rush of awareness that could be bad for social stability. As explained, the goal is to provide the public with some degree of a "comfort food" for thought (or not.)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
" Claims That The Moon Landings Were Faked: A Gov't Psyops Tool? "

Could be a controlled opposition psy-ops to make most claims of a hoax sound so bazaar and ridiculous that people believe the Moon landings had to be real by default without actually proving anything.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I wish I remembered the thread but a while back one person posted a really interesting thread about the moon landing hoax claims as well as some other well known conspiracy theories. Basically from what I remember a lot of them are leftovers from the cold war and Russian plots to discredit the US.

It was a pretty good thread but I dont remember anything being posted by that person again.

Maybe they hushed him up..

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
Sometimes I wonder if those disclaimers of the Moon landings are really psyops folks that the government employs ...

Why then would the American government spend a bundle to photograph the lunar landing sites at a resolution where you can see the footprint trails that the astronauts left behind. e.g. ...
nasa.gov/sites/default/files/images/584582main_M168000580LR_ap17_area_flat.jpg

nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/revisited/
edit on 2-12-2014 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
or to hide the true progress in the last 50 years?

world war 1 we had biplanes that could only carry 2 people at very slow speeds, 50 years later we had jets and are walking on the moon. 50 years after walking on the moon how far have we progressed? official and publicly not very far.

if people want to think we didn`t make it to the moon 50 years ago it`s much easier for them to accept the seemingly snail pace of progress since then,and if they accept it they won`t be asking too many questions.

The space shuttle was 1970`s technology what have we done publicly since then? technology and progress hasn`t stopped they have just gone underground in secret projects.
Passenger planes haven't really changed much since WW2, they have gotten bigger and put some jet engines on them but that's it.
we went from bi-planes to moon walking in 50 years but in 75 years we haven`t progressed very far in passenger air travel?
It certainly doesn`t hurt the government`s secret projects to have people believe we didn`t go to the moon,in fact it benefits them.If people believe we didn`t have the technology to go to the moon 50 years ago then they definitely won`t believe we have the technology now to make some of the secret things we are probably making.

edit on 2-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sounds plausible pal...

A lot of effort, but probably worth it in their minds...

Wouldn't surprise me if they do this with other conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Frank12345

It's amazing though that the astronauts with helmets and visors could take such in focus pictures. Especially since they had to focus the cameras themselves. Also, all the photos look so professionally done! Crazy how talented they had to have been. In closing, I want to add that it seems like the moon rover was totally pointless to bring up there. Why not just bounce around? Was it necessary to drive? It seems like they never really drove too far...
edit on 2-12-2014 by fieldyznutz because: heaven forbid, I left out an o in the word too.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

ya i fully believe we went to the moon....because as someone who has spent some time in geology...show me where moon rocks are on earth? Sure we could have sent a probe up that collected rocks and brought them down but if we did that then im sure we could have landed people there too!
edit on 2-12-2014 by rockpaperhammock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: fieldyznutz
a reply to: Frank12345

It's amazing though that the astronauts with helmets and visors could take such in focus pictures. Especially since they had to focus the cameras themselves. Also, all the photos look so professionally done! Crazy how talented they had to have been. In closing, I want to add that it seems like the moon rover was totally pointless to bring up there. Why not just bounce around? Was it necessary to drive? It seems like they never really drove too far...

Make your mind up : either you're claiming they didn't* go because the photos are too good , or they did go and it was a waste of money , particularly the moon-buggy. You can't have it both ways.

[ * despite the Apollo astronauts footprint trails on the moon being visible ].
edit on 4-12-2014 by Frank12345 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join