It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Flat Earth Theory Explaination

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: deadeyedick

Hmm, the way it thought it worked was that the fourth dimension was time. Maybe i got that wrong, i'm more than preparded (eta: looks like i compounded prepared and retarded. i like it so much that i'll leave it there!!!) to learn differently

However, Flat Earthing is simply purposefully trolling folks for poops and laughs. Which is cool (possibly even totally awesome and hilarious - have at it, please), but actually genuinely believing it? Well that means that a straight-jacket has your name on it.

I agree that anyone today that looks at current pictures of earth and denies what they see then they are in denial but lso anyone that opens a history book and claims that they were all just dumb well those people ar in denial too. That is why i like my theory so well cause it links the rational of both sides together and couples that with a large current view of what many religions and spirituals see as our future. It also explains many points in the bible but i will saave that as i do not want the scientist to blow a gasket here.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
..That is why i like my theory so well cause it links the rational of both sides together and couples that with a large current view of what many religions and spirituals see as our future...

Why would you need to link inaccurate beliefs with current understanding?

For example, some people in the past though that maggots spontaneously arose from rotten meat. Today, we know that flies lay their nearly-microscopic eggs of the rotting meat so their offspring (the maggots) have a food source.

I see no reason that we must come up with a theory that links BOTH the incorrect notion that maggots spontaneously arise from rotting meat with the correct notion that flies lay their eggs on the meat. Similarly, I see no reason why we need a theory that links the incorrect notions of flat Earth with the correct notion that earth is a sphere.

Besides, it has already been explained that a flat earth is NOT the same as a 2D Earth. It has been pointed out that having only 2 dimensions means something entirely different than what you are saying.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Why would you need to link inaccurate beliefs with current understanding

lol because they are one in the same.

I still do not see how current understanding of how maggots arrive could 100% defy the claims of those in history that seen then suddenly appear. Unless we were there we can not say what they saw and by us assuming they saw what we saw may seem logical to us now but could very well be us just calling them dumb or liars when in a world such as what i describe in the op such things could have happened exactly just as they stated and not how they happen today.

I am not calling for an end to modern techniques of understanding but only that we open our minds to a world where anything is possible when everything can be controlled through perception and even if today we hold that chance to be slim to none it still exist and is able to bridge many gaps in how we view history.

If my goal was to keep everyone bound to the current level of understanding then it would become necessary to believe that current science explains everything 100% accurately but then i would be a liar working against mankinds struggle to grow up.

edit on 2-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Well, that's all well and good, but...

...but we learn things. we learn things as a species, as a society, and as individuals.

When I was young, my older brothers took me on the funhouse ride. As I was waiting in line to get into the funhouse car, I noticed the cars were empty as they pulled up, so I thought people who rode in the funhouse must disappear somewhere along the ride, because from my vantage point (waiting in line to get into the fun house car, but being too small to see around me), I could only see the cars arriving empty for me to get into. I was too short to see that people were getting off the cars in another unloading area behind me. Obviously, I started to freak out.

But I learned. Once my brothers taught me the truth about the unloading area, I was OK with the ride. I learned that I would not disappear when riding the fun house ride. I learned that the unloading area was elsewhere from the loading area.

So initially I was wrong. My knowledge of the funhouse was lacking, even though at the time it seemed logical to me that empty cars = people disappearing. However, just because it seemed that way to me at the time, that doesn't mean my knowledge about the ride was correct.

Sure -- we can give logical reasons when people thought the earth was flat -- I think most of all because people could not fathom living on the side of a ball. I mean, how did they stay on the side of that ball without falling off? However, the idea that they thought in 2D is not the reason.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I think you just broke the box.. I mean, maybe you're so used to thinking outside of the box that you finally broke it, or with no connection to the box you just sort of floated away into 2D land here on this screen. I don't know. I don't make any sense either.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I like your story and get spiritual implications from it but you ended it with the base of my reasoning and that is that it is the perception that even today's theories are based on and that in the future when the dial is turned up on this ride again it is likely we will be looking back on today much the same as we are looking back on the time of flat earth.

I think today just as well as yesterday we had a desire to explain things around us and givin the tools we do as good of a job as possible but with an everchanging perception of the canvas then through time we will not all be able to adhere current truth to that of the past and that is for more reasons besides technology advancments because no matter what tech w use it is just an extension of our perception and is bound by our current knowledge.

Since Jesus was able to travel 4d i wonder what he would see when looking through one of our modern telescopes at the moon givin my theory that to understand 4d he would be ressonating at different frequencies than us.

posted on Sep, 18 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Op, if you are interested in this, read Edwin Abott Abott's FLATLAND.

Its a short book about a square living in 2d flat space being visited by a 3 dimentonal sphere. The sphere explains the concepts of 3d space to a 2d shape. Its a way of making us think of how WE would perceice 4d space and its a riveting read. You can finish it in a day.

Get it NOW

www.amazon.co.uk...
edit on 18-9-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join