It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Flat Earth Theory Explaination

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It has been long enough since the last thread so i figured i would bring up the subject that soo many want to die. However it is not just another rehash of the same ole talking points.imo

Let's start with a thought that is on many minds these days and that is the question of 4d and what it is. My thought is that everything around us is a person that is in some type of matrix that allows us to be here. Now here in 3d we see much of the universe as being flat over all in the big picture.

Now imagine what the universe will look like if we were viewing it from 4d. We would after much time would loose the perspective we hold today of everything around us. We could loose that perspective naturally or by influence of the matrix.

Now imagine that when the thought of flat earth was on everyones minds what if they were not living in 3d but rather viewing life in 2d or 1d. It could then make the theory true that an edge of earth could be present in that reality.

That is all. Thank you
edit on 1-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

One Hundred Proofs Earth is Not a Globe

"One Hundred Proofs Earth is Not a Globe." Number 34, in that issue,

"If the Earth were a globe, there certainly would be -- if we could imagine the thing, to be peopled all around-'antipodes:' 'people who,' says the dictionary, 'living exactly on the opposite side of the globe to ourselves, having their fee [sic] opposite to ours' - people who are HANGING DOWN, HEAD DOWNWARDS while we are standing head up? But since the theory allows to travel to those parts of the earth where the people are said to hand head downward, and still to fancy ourselves to be heads upwards, and our friends whom we have left behind us to be heads downwards, it follows that the WHOLE THING IS A MYTH - A DREAM - A DELUSION - and a snare, and, instead of there being any evidence at all in this direction to substantiate this popular theory, it is plain proof that the Earth is Not A Globe."

There you have it!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So....if the Earth is flat.....how exactly do you explain the people aboard the ISS being able to watch the Earth rotate? Or the countless videos we have of such? Or the fact that we even have anything in orbit? Just a few quick examples off the top of my head...The Earth ain't flat. Get used to it.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I am not saying the earth is flat. I admit that we live in 3d right now.
What would the earth look like if you were viewing it in 1d or 2d?
edit on 1-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Interesting Concept. One that right now I am too Fuzzy to deal with. However I like Your Thoughts!!!
Syx.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Now imagine that when the thought of flat earth was on everyones minds what if they were not living in 3d but rather viewing life in 2d or 1d.

So, if they were living in 1d they wouldn't know any directions at all and if they were living in 2d they would know left, right, forward and backward (in various combinations) but not up and down.

Makes perfect sense. But I think they did know those other directions (up and down). Because they built like, Stonehenge and pyramids and stuff.

edit on 12/2/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Make it easy for you I universe is 3D can't be anything but so you can't make it 2D. You can only simulate it with a picture but it doesn't change reality.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This sounds similar to apremise in a book called the secret history of the world I read years ago.

It claimed that back in the day we lived in 2 dimensions and expanded as we evolved.

It was a very odd book indeed.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   

The earth has to be flat otherwise i would always be walking downhill...but.....if i turned around ????

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Hmm, the way it thought it worked was that the fourth dimension was time. Maybe i got that wrong, i'm more than preparded (eta: looks like i compounded prepared and retarded. i like it so much that i'll leave it there!!!) to learn differently

However, Flat Earthing is simply purposefully trolling folks for poops and laughs. Which is cool (possibly even totally awesome and hilarious - have at it, please), but actually genuinely believing it? Well that means that a straight-jacket has your name on it.
edit on 2-12-2014 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I am not saying the earth is flat.

Probably should have used different wording the thread title.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hey Deadeyedick well someone had to bring it up lol..thanks all the same!

Here is a site (below) that delves into this subject in depth and presents some interesting math and evidence..i have contacted this Guy (read comments) as have other members of His.

Although He presents some good points, it does have hole in and i have also caught Him out in questioning.I have seen a surge in 'flat Earth' believers/commentators suddenly appear and i fully believe it is a desperate attempt (by TPTB) to 'fool' those in the critical thinking communities, into doubting the imminent arrival of Planet X.

One valid point the author makes is the fact that the Sun and Moon are aligned perfectly to eclipse eachother (this is no coincidence) He says "they are the same size and that they are equal distance from Earth" i say "the Moon was put into perfect orbital position by the Anunnaki"

It is also telling how He has deleted all the comments disagreeing with Him,mine should remain, as they are quite recent.I have followed His work and it is bang on the money for the most part! except that He stops short of the crux of the true conspiracy and indeed who really are our controllers.

So in closing i think His success has deluded Him? or He was pressured by 'them' to throw people off the scent?

See whatcha think:

www.atlanteanconspiracy.com...

edit on 2-12-2014 by EndOfDays77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

Now imagine that when the thought of flat earth was on everyones minds what if they were not living in 3d but rather viewing life in 2d or 1d. It could then make the theory true that an edge of earth could be present in that reality.

That is all. Thank you

If we were living in a 2D universe, then the Earth would be flat -- but even much flatter than you described.

It wouldn't be simply "not a sphere", but it would be a true 2D surface, meaning nothing would have any height -- there would be no trees, hills, valleys, buildings, or even any people who have any height whatsoever. There would be no birds in the sky, nor would there be a sky for the birds. There would be no up or down. There would only be forward, backward, and sideways.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

Hmm, the way it thought it worked was that the fourth dimension was time.

Time is sometimes referred to as the 4th dimension. However, it is not really in the same category as a dimension of space.

For example, some string theorists say that there are 10 dimensions of space. Their "4th dimension" is not time, but rather a dimension of space. If string theorist need to add a time value into their description of a position of an object (its position in space [described in 10 degrees] and its position in time), then they refer to time as the 11th dimension.

edit on 12/2/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I am not saying the earth is flat. I admit that we live in 3d right now.
What would the earth look like if you were viewing it in 1d or 2d?

Read this book, and you'll get an idea of what it would be like.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I love how the picture of the book turns sideways to become 3D.

Some times it's the little things.....

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Now imagine that when the thought of flat earth was on everyones minds what if they were not living in 3d but rather viewing life in 2d or 1d.

So, if they were living in 1d they wouldn't know any directions at all and if they were living in 2d they would know left, right, forward and backward (in various combinations) but not up and down.

Makes perfect sense. But I think they did know those other directions (up and down). Because they built like, Stonehenge and pyramids and stuff.

I suppose you know this from your own personal expierence living in 1 or 2d?
Otherwise you are assuming based on your religion of science that has excepted it's own versions of truth. i would like to say your guess is as good as mine but that does nott seem to be the case.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It is funny how modern theorist that call themselves scientist are so proud and boastful that there is no way they could be wrong about something that they would find it easier to ignore written history and to even go further and say that the only answer is that the ones living at the time of the flat earthh accounts had to be dumb and unable to describe the world around them rather than admit that their current religion that changes more than any other religion ever know to man could be wrong about something while at the same time everything they have ever held in their bibles of science has changed.

sorry for the run on sentence. that was in in honor of phage. i heard he likes them.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

That is all. Thank you

If we were living in a 2D universe, then the Earth would be flat -- but even much flatter than you described.

It wouldn't be simply "not a sphere", but it would be a true 2D surface, meaning nothing would have any height -- there would be no trees, hills, valleys, buildings, or even any people who have any height whatsoever. There would be no birds in the sky, nor would there be a sky for the birds. There would be no up or down. There would only be forward, backward, and sideways.

I get what you are saying but i think that if effort were made to prove my theory true in some way then we would have a better understanding of their view. Living in a world where our perception is bound by diminsional view may be the answer rather than living in a world that is existing in the diminsion itself.

example When i view us living in the fourth diminsion as i described i do not expect that suddenly the world will be any different than it is right now but that the way we percieve it will change and suddenly many things that are not put together right now will start to make sense. This could all be possible if we were biological computers and there is some type of matrix that we are linked too. half that sentence is already basically proven true.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I am not saying the earth is flat.

Probably should have used different wording the thread title.

Possibly but i wanted to bring out the disconnect in the wording that makes this subject seem impossible to so many. Pointing out that even the debate over the way they described their world as being flat and the way we see currently a world not flat is just a matter of diminsional perspective as well as gaps in understanding and is not a matter of them or us being liars or dumb.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join