It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Think These Are Just “Contrails” Think Again – Here’s What They Really Are

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Dabrazzo

Strange that you find it baffling when you yourself linked to theoretical geoengineering (and cloud seeding, lol).

So where are the practical aerial spraying SRM applications that are in operation? Just one please if it's so laughable that doubts could exist?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: waynos

Waynos,

I cannot give you a correct answer. We all know enough to know that something is going on. Good or Negative.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Jane

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Waynos,

I cannot give you a correct answer. We all know enough to know feel that something is going on. Good or Negative.

adjusted your quote for verification. Nobody seems to "know" anything. All we "know" is that clouds and contrails can last as long as nature permits them to.

Unless fear is the only thing needed to prove science wrong.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: swanne

But the OP still has a point about weather modification relation to contrails, for contrails cast shadows on the ground and contribute to (albeit a minor) cooling of the surface.

Persistent contrails, if anything, have a net warming effect.
www.nature.com...

I have been curious about this for a while. If you have cloud cover during the day, it will reflect some of the radiation and have a net cooling affect (locally where there are clouds), yet after the sun goes down, remaining cloud cover will trap residual heat in and cause a net warming affect. Knowing that, how is the "net" affect calculated? (not looking for math, just the general idea if you know)

Thanks

It also depends on location and time of year.

Contrails have a cooling effect during daytime in summer, but cooling at night and in winter. And also a higher latitude. And, of course, there is more air traffic at higher latitudes than towards the tropics.

I am not sure exactly how the overall net effect is calculated, but there have been many research papers on the subject over the past 40 years, particularly this century.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel

Jane

I can play that game too:

Contrails in the 40s

My city the other day, with nice fluffy clouds.

edit on 1-12-2014 by payt69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Here you go.

Beijing Weather Modification Office

The Beijing Weather Modification Office form a part of China's nationwide weather control effort, believed to be the world's largest; it employs 37,000 people nationwide, who seed clouds by firing rockets and shells loaded with silver iodide into them.[4] According to Zhang Qiang, head of the Office, cloud seeding increased precipitation in Beijing by about one-eighth in 2004; nationwide, similar efforts added 7.4 trillion cubic feet (210 km3) of rain between 1995 and 2003.[5]

Indeed I truly do believe it to be baffling people do not acknowledge weather modification is real.

You may think our governments[western] are open and transparent about it, but I am off the opinion governments lie. Abu Dhabi does it all the time to control dust storms.

Ill have one star please, thank you.
edit on 1-12-2014 by Dabrazzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Great!

More people who can't tell the difference between cloud seeding and the "chemtrail conspiracy"

I see ignorance is waving its big stupid flag again on ATS!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dabrazzo

Indeed I truly do believe it to be baffling people do not acknowledge weather modification is real.

who doesn' acknowledge it? There have been several such posts just in this thread by people who dot' believe in chemtrails.

You may think our governments[western] are open and transparent about it, but I am off the opinion governments lie. Abu Dhabi does it all the time to control dust storms.

Evidence?

And if they do then why wouldn't you - who likes dust storms??

And what has it got to do with geoengineering apart from...er.....nothing??

Ill have one star please, thank you.

thoroughly undeserved, since you completely missed the content of this thread.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

www.weathermodificationinc.com

Here it is in link form for the really, really, really lazy.
amaze your chemtrail buddies.

Sincerely,

a debunker of chemtrails and unicorns.
edit on 1-12-2014 by network dude because: added link so folks could clicky, clicky, instead of typey, typey.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Waynos,

I cannot give you a correct answer. We all know enough to know that something is going on. Good or Negative.

Indeed, something's going on. My bet is on commercial airliners flying passengers and cargo from A to B.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

and if they do then why wouldn't you

Because countries like America ban weather modification, despite a long history of doing it themselves. I imagine if you use a search engine of your choice you can probably find out why.

There have been several such posts just in this thread by people who dot' believe in chemtrails.

I specificaly said weather modification. But I dont really know about the connotation of "chemtrail" but if Silver iodide qualifies as a chemical then yes they clearly do exist, China does it, has been doing it for a lot of years and it is very open about it. Dont understand why anyone would deny that.

Evidence?

Here is an article from National Geographic Scientists Make Dozens of Storms in the Abu Dhabi Desert?

Its an old article casting doubt on the effectiveness, but its something they are doing regardless.

And what has it got to do with geoengineering apart from...er.....nothing??

What does weather modification have to do with geoengineering?, maybe you would like to read moar!

What Is Geoengineering?

Geoengineering is the deliberate large-scale intervention in the Earth’s natural systems to counteract climate change.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Seriously, I am not being mean, rude, or even snarky.

Weather modification or as some call it.... cloud seeding is not a secret. It's not hidden. It's not illegal.

It's right here, please! click me!

What is cloud seeding?
Cloud seeding is the process of spreading either dry ice, or more commonly, silver iodide aerosols, into the upper part of clouds to try to stimulate the precipitation process and form rain.

Since most rainfall starts through the growth of ice crystals from super-cooled cloud droplets (droplets colder than the freezing point, 32 deg. F or 0 deg. C) in the upper parts of clouds, the silver iodide particles are meant to encourage the growth of new ice particles.

The history of cloud seeding has experienced uncertain results because it can never be known whether a cloud that rains after seeding might have rained anyway. This is because seeding is performed on clouds that look like they have some potential for producing rain.
Interesting facts:
REDUCING THE INTENSITY OF HURRICANES THROUGH SEEDING? NOPE.In the early 1960's, the National Hurricane Center began a series of experiments in seeding of hurricanes to reduce their intensity. Since the most destructive hurricane winds are produced from hurricanes with the smallest diameter eyes, STORMFURY seeding flights tried to stimulate the growth of a new eyewall of convection outside the inner, more destructive eyewall. Unfortunately, the project failed. It has since been determined that there are already an abundance of ice crystals in hurricane rain systems, so the production of new ice particles through cloud seeding probably has little if any effect.

link to source
edit on 1-12-2014 by network dude because: added information about cloud seeding and a link

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I specificaly said weather modification.

no you didn't - you specifically said weather modification.

But I dont really know about the connotation of "chemtrail" but if Silver iodide qualifies as a chemical then yes they clearly do exist,

Everything is a chemical - including your breathe - trying to expand the definition of chemtrails to include every chemical that is put into the atmosphere is pointless.

I mentioned chemtrails to point out that people who do not believe in chemtrails are perfectly aware that weather modification (ie cloud seeding) exists - and they have said so in this thread.

You appear confused about the whole think - I suggest that you take a bit of time to read up some more.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I specificaly said weather modification. no you didn't - you specifically said weather modification.

I mentioned chemtrails to point out that people who do not believe in chemtrails are perfectly aware that weather modification (ie cloud seeding) exists

How can that be?, as all weather modification seems to formed around using chemtrails?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: sn0rch

There is a recent increase of new members here. I wanted to have some updated information for them about this topic.

You haven't posted any "updated" information - you've posted a bunch of long debunked poppy-cock!

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

So I thought that this topic needed some clarifications.

So how exactly does one clarify something that doesn't exist?

Okay, now I have to ask how one knows that chemtrails are real when nobody has ever went up and tested them after they are being so called sprayed?

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I specificaly said weather modification. no you didn't - you specifically said weather modification.

I mentioned chemtrails to point out that people who do not believe in chemtrails are perfectly aware that weather modification (ie cloud seeding) exists

How can that be?, as all weather modification seems to formed around using chemtrails?

for the sake of this forum, and general sanity all over the Earth,

chemtrails are those white lines behind airplanes that look very much like contrails, and act, very much like contrails, but can somehow be determined to be "chemtrails".

Cloud seeding, while it does involve chemicals, is not visible from the ground. It doesn't leave visible trails. It's not a secret, or even a clandestine military operation. (although a classified military operation was formed using cloud seeding. 'operation Popeye' )

There is a difference and to ignore that, only clouds the already incredibly murky waters of this forum.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

From the US Air Force.

And yet the report was fictional...

2025 is a study designed to comply with a directive from the chief of staff of the Air Force to examine the
concepts, capabilities, and technologies the United States will require to remain the dominant air and space
force in the future. Presented on 17 June 1996, this report was produced in the Department of Defense school
environment of academic freedom and in the interest of advancing concepts related to national defense. The
views expressed in this report are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the
United States Air Force, Department of Defense, or the United States government.
This report contains fictional representations of future situations/scenarios. Any similarities to real people or
events, other than those specifically cited, are unintentional and are for purposes of illustration only.

csat.au.af.mil...

Don't worry your not the first one that has fallen for that report.

posted on Dec, 1 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

So exactly how do you equate this...

to this...

Because I just don't see it?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join