It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is Protected by an "Electron Shield"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

An invisible shield has been discovered some 7,200 miles above Earth that blocks so-called 'killer electrons,' which whip around the planet at near-light speed and have been known to threaten astronauts, fry satellites and degrade space systems during intense solar storms.

Source:
Invisible shield found thousands of miles above Earth blocks 'killer electrons'

Two probes sent out to further our knowledge of the Van Allen Belts found a barrier between the inner and outer belts that seem to be something like a barrier that is impenetrable to high-energy electrons, which could be dangerous. Science knew of these high-energy "Killer Electrons" for a while now, but it was thought that they dissipated in our atmosphere when interacting with molecules in the atmosphere. However, the probes sent to investigate the Van Allen Belts have found that these electrons are stopped even before reaching Earth's atmosphere.

It's almost like theses electrons are running into a glass wall in space," said Baker, the study's lead author. "Somewhat like the shields created by force fields on Star Trek that were used to repel alien weapons, we are seeing an invisible shield blocking these electrons. It's an extremely puzzling phenomenon.

I'm not sure what this means for our understanding of Auroras, which are said to caused by protons and electrons entering the atmosphere at the poles (moving along magnetic field lines) and interacting with molecules in the atmosphere. I need to look into that further, but maybe this newly-found barrier doesn't prevent the electrons from interacting with the atmosphere at the poles?

edit on 11/27/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Nature: the greatest piece of technology ever.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

From what I've read it seems that it is a sharp gradient that acts like the more extended fields, so it would probably guide the more energetic electrons to the poles too.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Very interesting , I love a mystery especially one involving the workings of our planet.

I need to look into that further, but maybe this newly-found barrier doesn't prevent the electrons from interacting with the atmosphere at the poles?

If the accompanying picture is accurate it seems to me that particles could still reach the poles , perhaps they're funneled and dispersed through the poles by the barrier.

Just a thought.

edit on 27-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
profound...

As I have written on the walls here before...

We have no idea how our world works...

Let alone how our planet keeps us alive...

Hell just look at how the moon's gravity effects our life..

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Yes, the torus and a part of an electrical universe. As above, so below, our own energy fields also create our auric bodies, in the electric universe.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Esotericans, please be so kind and step out of the way! Science is taking over!

Really, a very nice phenomenon. Unwanted, undetected (up to now), and now it will become science's new lovechild of geology (*shudder*) and Kirchhoff's rules.

Yessss, yess, we love you

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
oh noes, how can this be...? electricity has nothing to do with how this universe works... (sarcasm)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: donhuangenaro
If this is some lame way of trying to use this to support the debunked EU hypothesis then you're utterly missing the point.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: donhuangenaro
oh noes, how can this be...? electricity has nothing to do with how this universe works... (sarcasm)

Yeah, scientists know nothing about electromagnetism. Only brilliant loners understand how it works. [/sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It can also shift us into different frequencies in case of collisions and visitors.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yes, it was meant to protect us from our creator and destroyer, the unstable sun god.

Or sun just works fine.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
If this is some lame way of trying to use this to support the debunked EU hypothesis then you're utterly missing the point.

The Newtonian knuckle-draggers will soon be 'shocked' into into seeing the workings of the Universe in a whole new light. Evidence mounts daily for the electro-magnetic nature, of Nature.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: GaryN

How does electromagnetism explain the sharp boundary?
edit on 11/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: GaryN

originally posted by: GetHyped

The Newtonian knuckle-draggers will soon be 'shocked' into into seeing the workings of the Universe in a whole new light. Evidence mounts daily for the electro-magnetic nature, of Nature.

Please indicate where EU predicted this.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just another reason why the Earth is so rare.

One doubts such a system exists elsewhere in the Galaxy

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
Just another reason why the Earth is so rare.

One doubts such a system exists elsewhere in the Galaxy

Maybe.

But then again there are probably other planets in the galaxy with extremely rare characteristics unlike what we find on Earth or in our Solar System. Someone on those planets could say the same thing...i.e., they could say "We are so unique...".

Having said that, there are so many planets in our galaxy (and countless planets in the universe) that I suspect there are others in our galaxy that have a similar "electron shield". There may not be a planet that shares all of the EXACT characteristics of Earth, but I bet there are planets that share one or more of every natural characteristic of Earth.

edit on 11/27/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It probably connects to The Crown Chakra at the top of the head.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well earth isn't rare, its simply the way the universe is, and as a hologram, ie fractal, we all contain the whole within and can communicate with the whole. Hence the control grid by the elite to prevent you from doing that and lock you down as a particle, not the whole you really are.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Does this ( what amounts to a highly complex device, made up with
certain specifications, that enable it's performance to a specific
task ) shield not need to be located also with precision? In order to
deflect properly. No matter really, either way I think this is absolutely
extraordinary.

SnF

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>