It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question to ANYONE on the Ferguson Protesters Side...And some facts!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I don't think you will ever get a true reading of that kind of statistic. Our governments do not want us to see that kind of information.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

ll I hear from everyone including President Obama the other night, is how much disparity there is between blacks and whites and their treatment by the police.

All I want is for the case in Ferguson to go to trial… not in Ferguson.

All the other hyperbole is just that. Something I am often enough accused of , by you even I think…

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

All I want is for the case in Ferguson to go to trial… not in Ferguson.

And also, the investigation should have been done by civilian agencies NOT connected to St Louis County. And the prosecutor should have been brought in, a special prosecutor, not one of the "good ol'boys" whose old man was one of the boys in blue.

Everything about this case, from the investigation to the grand jury has totally been comprimised.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Thanks for that. I hold out hope that a fair and impartial venue will still come out of this.

Lets hear it in open court… lets cross examine the eyewitness testimony and evidence, allowing a jury to reach a verdict we can all abide by.

Everything up to now smacks of cover up.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I do think it's elephant in the dark syndrome.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman To OP -Get your facts straight before you post!

Regarding your video of the 70 year old man that was shot;

The video of the man shot by police happened in Clover , SC. In the same county I live in. (York County, SC)

HE DID NOT DIE!

The officer was not charged. Here is proof the officer was not charged and that the man, Bobby Canipe did indeed survive.

www.charlotteobserver.com...

Here is a press conference regarding this incident.

www.youtube.com...

edit: inserted a reply link to OP
edit on 27-11-2014 by SirAether because: edit: inserted a reply link to OP

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
In other news..... This recently happened in my state. Columbia, SC.

A (white) cop shot an unarmed (black) man. Not only was he fired but has charges pending (felony assault and battery) . Groubert faces a maximum 20 years in prison.

www.cnn.com...

The man was shot in the hip, treated at the hospital and released.

Nice to see that this case has video evidence that shows the TRUTH. I do not agree with how the man went into his vehicle or the cops reaction to it.

www.wltx.com...

Side note-
Groubert, who joined the Highway Patrol in 2005, earned kudos for the other time he'd fired his gun in the line of duty.
Police said Groubert stopped a car that had passed him at a high rate of speed in Richland County in August 2012. The driver eventually took off without permission, and Groubert pursued him, police said.
Another trooper joined the pursuit, and the driver stopped at a bank, exited his vehicle and fired shots at both troopers in the parking lot, police said.
Groubert and the other trooper returned fire, injuring the suspect, the SCDPS said. At some point, it appeared that the suspect intended to go inside the bank, Iacobelli said.
That suspect was charged with attempted murder and convicted in 2013, according to the SCDPS.
The SCDPS gave Groubert a medal of valor in 2013 for his handling of the incident, Iacobelli said.
edit on 27/11/2014 by SirAether because: edit: added cnn.com link

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Good thread, S&F

I know I might get some heat for this, but... I don't care who was innocent in this case. Its too wishy-washy to form a solid opinion upon anyhow. And--in retrospect--this single two-person case doesn't outweigh everything that spawned from its media hype, and surely doesn't outweigh the bigger problems in the world right now.

Its heartbreaking simply knowing that the riots happened, but as its explained by the people there... they explained it as something so horrible, you simply couldn't wrap your mind around it completely unless you experienced it. One of them even stated that it was worse than anything they experienced in combat. Was this issue so huge that riots, arson, looting and random gunfire were called for? The real victims in this case were the members of that community that had absolutely nothing to do with the case on either side, those who simply happened to live there. Oh yes, and the social stability of the American people.

The two infowars reporters there were hiding behind buildings while bullets whizzed by their heads. Am I the only one thinking that this whole thing was--not ONLY completely blown out of whack--but a bit too convenient? Releasing the verdict after a week of hype, threats, and protests? And releasing the information right after sunset, when a riot is most likely to take place? And here's another chestnut.

I have a theory. Missouri seems to be fighting for their right to keep their guns regardless of what the federal government decides. They've passed a lot of laws for it. In the film "Don't Tread On Me," we see how Missouri has a law stating "all guns and ammunition made in Missouri are not subject to the national government's commerce clause" (I'm going from memory here, but you get the idea). Also, SB 656 allows people to open carry in Missouri now, and as I understand it, this law overwrote another law, which gave the teachers the legal ability to carry guns into their schools and such. Missouri is one of the states fighting back, and they obviously don't like the idea of federal gun control.

Maybe the exploitation of Ferguson was a way for TPTB to make them think twice about their gun laws. Maybe this incident will push more gun regulations into Missouri and pressure them to accept it. And, if they refuse, the federal government can throw the Ferguson incident (both the riots and the case itself) in their faces. "What, you don't want this new gun law? Are you in favor of shooting unarmed kids and having race-based riots?" Then, badda-boom. Missouri's rep is ruined, or their laws are infringed upon. Its a lose-lose.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Septimus

I seen this and it is indeed very sad. Poor guy! Comes to America to try and get ahead in life and probably works very hard, and this is what he gets......Speaking of this store and man, I seen an interview with one of these black advocates on CNN last night, and she says "So Brown deserved to die over a few ciggarilos?" I just seen that as an ignorant statement/question. No, he deserved to die for roughing up this man and thinking he could just take anything he wants from this mans store, for that in my opinion he did deserve to die.

IN WHAT WORLD DOES A CHILD DESERVE TO DIE FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT?

Go live in #ing Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MX61000

Thank you, precise, succint and saved me writing! Yes we are fully underway now, Agenda 21 is active so anything at present shouldn't surprise anyone. One can waste time and disapear up arse looking at e.g. the why's and wherefores of racial problems when it is in fact a historical issue thats been hijacked to create civil unrest. What you'll see now in any major event is Soros sniffing about to see if he can lose another million redundant containers.

This is a part of immense history and although scary at times its what I've known since 5 through some spiritual? intervention where I was told that I would be living through a tme like this and to be brave. I am, we'll win.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eaaoyueaao

I seen this and it is indeed very sad. Poor guy! Comes to America to try and get ahead in life and probably works very hard, and this is what he gets......Speaking of this store and man, I seen an interview with one of these black advocates on CNN last night, and she says "So Brown deserved to die over a few ciggarilos?" I just seen that as an ignorant statement/question. No, he deserved to die for roughing up this man and thinking he could just take anything he wants from this mans store, for that in my opinion he did deserve to die.

Have you ever been bullied?

I think he deserved it too.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eaaoyueaao

In the real world.

Actual children (as compared to this 6'4", 291 lb, cigarillo - theivin', clerk beatin' "child") die for much less every damned day - and here you are, wringing your hands and whining over a thug you want to tweak emotions with by calling it a "child".

Don't you EVER move to Saudi Arabia - they will eat you alive over there over that "it's for the children" bull# you just spouted.

edit on 2014/11/28 by nenothtu because: of spelling

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Reasons for the problem in Ferguson:

1) Lack of social mobility and genuine opportunity.
2) Poverty
2) Drugs

In America the rich are raping the poor. It's a social disaster.

One band-aid is obviously to mass recruit black police officers. It won't solve the problem, but it will alleviate it somewhat.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Fighting for their right to keep guns? Honestly I don't believe the gun issue had anything to do with this. What are we going to do, strip the cops of their guns? Cause Brown didn't have one of his own. Brown went for the cops gun. Are we to strip cops of the right to have guns to defend themselves because criminals might get hold of them? Cmon, how can this be any more off kilter? You need to recalibrate your concepts I think.
Now civil rights activists are trying to spin it that Wilson's description of him as a demon is a racial epithet. Cmon nothing like grasping at empty straws. Why are they trying to spin it this way? Well, because they know there was no real case against him, so now they have to make up a civil rights case, which they also will not have.

edit on 28-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I wonder if Liberals are having an internal conflict with themselves. Here we have a man who looks to be an immigrant from the ME/India who has come to America to make a better life for himself (something Liberals are ALL ABOUT), but he is robbed by a man who is the subject of a controversial shooting. Who do you blame? Do you blame the man who was killed by police, wait, we can't, he's 6'4 and almost 300 pounds, but he was still a baby! But this man came to America trying to make a better life for himself why didn't anyone protect or help him?! Wait, the cops were looking for the guy who robbed the store and he got killed after assaulting an officer! RACISM, RACISM!

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

Fighting for their right to keep guns? Honestly I don't believe the gun issue had anything to do with this. What are we going to do, strip the cops of their guns? Cause Brown didn't have one of his own. Brown went for the cops gun. Are we to strip cops of the right to have guns to defend themselves because criminals might get hold of them? Cmon, how can this be any more off kilter? You need to recalibrate your concepts I think.
Now civil rights activists are trying to spin it that Wilson's description of him as a demon is a racial epithet. Cmon nothing like grasping at empty straws. Why are they trying to spin it this way? Well, because they know there was no real case against him, so now they have to make up a civil rights case, which they also will not have.

No. I don't.

You're not getting my point at all.

1 - Missouri passes laws which defy federal regulation of guns

2 - A white cop shoots a black citizen

3 - The crisis is grasped by TPTB and exploited disgustingly, instigating riots

4 - Missouri is implied to have made a mistake with their gun laws, because it resulted in riots

^ This is pure speculation, nothing more. I'm pondering on the bigger picture here, and calculating possibilities. That's all.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It still makes no sense because only the cop was armed, unless you mean that if all citizens were unarmed the cop would have had no reason to suspect he was and then would not have shot him, but the guy was unarmed and still beat the cop and made the cop fear him. So..... I dunno, I don't thing the gun issue is what's at stake here as much as simply playing the race card and stirring up the Democrat base. Remember, in all the Sandy Hook and other incidences, the perp was never a cop, always just a citizen. I mean it could be what you said....I dunno, but I think it's a focus on civil rights and civil discord based on "racism", civil war, maybe unrest leading to martial law.

The other scenario is the Governor of Mo holding back the Natl Guard. Whatever reason could he possibly have for not sending in the Guard? (and then doing it a night later after everyone was questioning it). We know that Valerie Jarrett, the President's advisor was in commication with the governor. What gives?
edit on 28-11-2014 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Im just going to address point 3. Selling substances to consenting adults is not always a victimless crime. My wife and daughter were almost killed by a kid who was high on heroin while driving. If you sold him the heroin then that is not a victimless crime...my family were made victims. I could have had my entire world taken away from me because he drove high...and was only able to do so because you sold him heroin. Look, drugs work for some people, and if taken in a safe place the hell away from anybody they can hurt then they are fine in my book, but dont say it is a victimless crime unless you ensure nobody can get hurt. If you think people have the right to put whatever in their bodies then that is fine, but they do NOT have the right to take my family from me.

Drugs are not victimless...thats why we have laws against them

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: Willtell

I do think it's elephant in the dark syndrome.

This is more than elephant in the dark…this is bullet in the head

Folks I fear were down for the count. The civilization, culture, society, country, world, epoch is hurling towards destruction…

We live in a culture of murder all around us: high and low society and it pervades the entire planet.

Cain and Abel personified

The so called “Holy Land” is the center of the murder world we live in...
Look at South America as if the ancient sacrifices of the Aztecs karma have been let loose

Murder yarns are now the cup of tea of the finest reporters in the mainstream.

Politics is the art of extortion, theft, and enrichment and it no longer is responsive to the people or society

It has murdered the people!

And the worst… true capital of all this massive corruption is the good ol American Empire which was begat in murder

So what can be done you ask?

I fear nothing can be done

the ship is sinking
save yourself

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedog1973

This thread is filled with ignorance and confirmation bias mixed in with just plain old stupidity. Whites and blacks commit crimes at the same rates. This is simply true and if you don't understand how to read stats, then don't share them. 91% of black victims are victims of black criminals 83% of white victims are victims of white criminals

There are many equations on the internet and you have misread yours. Give us your complete source before you call other people stupid.

Blacks are seven times more likely than people of other races to commit murder, and eight times more likely to commit robbery.
When Blacks commit crimes of violence, they are nearly three times more likely than non-Blacks to use a gun, and more than twice as likely to use a knife.
Hispanics commit violent crimes at roughly three times the white rate, and Asians commit violent crimes at about one quarter the White rate.
The single best indicator of violent crime levels in an area is the percentage of the population that is Black and Hispanic.

Of the nearly 770,000 violent interracial crimes committed every year involving Blacks and Whites, Blacks commit 85 percent and Whites commit 15 percent.
Blacks commit more violent crime against whites than against blacks. Forty-five percent of their victims are white, 43 percent are Black, and 10 percent are Hispanic. When Whites commit violent crime, only three percent of their victims are Black.
Blacks are an estimated 39 times more likely to commit a violent crime against a White than vice versa, and 136 times more likely to commit robbery.
Blacks are 2.25 times more likely to commit officially-designated hate crimes against whites than vice versa.
Only 10 percent of youth gang members are white.
Hispanics are 19 times more likely than whites to be members of youth gangs. Blacks are 15 times more likely, and Asians are nine times more likely.
Between 1980 and 2003 the US incarceration rate more than tripled, from 139 to 482 per 100,000, and the number of prisoners increased from 320,000 to 1.39 million.
Blacks are seven times more likely to be in prison than Whites. Hispanics are three times more likely.

The report also stated that between 2001 and 2003 there were an average of 15,400 Black-on-White rapes. The number of White-on-Black rapes were unclear. Counting some Hispanics as Whites, there were 900 "White"-on-Black rapes. Blacks were 7.2 time more likely to commit interracial rape even after controlling for differences in population size and for the higher general rate of rape for Blacks. This may suggest a deliberate targeting of Whites.[3]

There were 10,000 gang-rapes by Blacks against Whites between but not a single "White"-on-Black gang rape.[3]

A common myth is that Whites are more likely to commit white-collar offenses. Actually, Blacks are 3-5 times more likely than Whites to be in prison for fraud, bribery/conflict of interest, racketeering, and embezzlement.[3]

This is only from certain dates of which the 2014 combined stats are not available. You can get 2014 large community stats which are worse that these. You chose to pick and choose your incomplete statistics which twisted the entire subject from black to black and white to white without the entire picture of crime and percentages.
en.metapedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join