It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chuck Hagel Resigns as Secretary of Defense

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I recall when he first came into office he was quoted telling the POTUS that there are rouge elements of the Pentagon that are a threat to constitutional democracy in the US. Maybe his conscience got the better of him? Maybe he wasnt willing to be a cause of WWIII?

What's your take on this ATS?

Reuters

Double Post. Please delete Mods.
edit on thpamMon, 24 Nov 2014 11:08:19 -0600k1411America/Chicago2408 by Sparkymedic because: double post.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Rats abandoning a sinking ship/administration ?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Goodbye and good riddance............Chuckie....

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
It's a power play by the Democrats.

Chuck Hagel isn't going anywhere until Congress confirms a replacement.
Same with Holder.

Is Congress going to sit on the nominations of a new Secretary of Defense AND Attorney General? They might have been able to get away with one, they might have even been able to get away with both, but not after YEARS of saying that they want nothing more than to get both out of office.

The ball is in their court now. All they have to do is pick it up.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
As lame as this dolt was he told the truth once about what it would take to defeat IS and that got him fired.

Obama surrounds himself with idiots but most of all, habitual liars so the agenda can keep on track. You can be an idiot but you let slip the truth and your gone.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I posted this on the other thread . A bunch of words but not one word as to why .

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
pregnant moment.

but the live birth of new worlds is certain.

but haters persist with enthusiasm.
edit on 24-11-2014 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They did him a favor...

Obama is quickly becoming the worst President in modern history.

He could still come to the center and save his legacy.

He won't. He is hopelessly locked into partisan politics.

He would rather take the whole Nation down before he will give an inch to Republicans.

It's really kind of sad and pathetic.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
They did him a favor...

Obama is quickly becoming the worst President in modern history.

He could still come to the center and save his legacy.

He won't. He is hopelessly locked into partisan politics.

He would rather take the whole Nation down before he will give an inch to Republicans.

It's really kind of sad and pathetic.

the line between 'worst' and 'best' is a thin one.

but wise men like yourself already know this. I posted for this for the children in the room.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I liked this guy at all, (Hagel). However he was definitely fired by Obama. The Secretary was the ONLY Republican in the Obama Cabinet. There was conflict between the both of them. Personal and professional. Currently we will never know why he was dismissed and can only speculate on the termination. We will here both sides of this story when these Two fools start writing books a few years from now and even then most of it will be outright lies. Here's my speculations...

A). Chuck was "Let go" as the Republicans will now chair the large Military budget committees. So Obama certainly didn't want a opposing party Sec of Defense to make him look bad. If thats the case it was purely a political move and pretty shrewd.

B). Chuck was not a Team Player with this administration, and he is Very Popular with the troops.

C). He was SHUT OUT of the Cabinet meetings as he was a Republican.. Chuck has a great many friends in the Republican Party and as Cabinet meetings have a large amount of "Planning" the Chief of Staff was terrified of Leaks to the Republicans.. So Chuck was seldom included.

D). Chuck was very Critical to Obama's pullout in Iraq and Afghanistan and made those views public. Which certainly didn't help his argument.

E). After many decisions where made regarding the removal of troops, Senior Officers went to the press and advised that Iraq would explode if we continued to withdraw those Officers were targeted by the administration and terminated or relieved of command... Chuck refused to stab his senior generals and admirals in the back and remove them. So the President did it...

These again are a few things I believe led up to this termination, and I'm sure there's many more. I will say that during wartime that the White House needs to take a backseat to the Department of Defense.. We paid those Generals a lot of damn money and they should be empowered to do the job as needed.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: scattergun

That doesn't make sense.

If the Republicans want to keep Hagel as Secretary of Defense, all they need to do is block the nomination of his replacement, as Hagel will remain until a replacement is named. That's how it works.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
this makes sense. if not to all, to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So far today I've seen mainstream news saying Hagel was asked to step down by Obama and I've seen mainstream news saying Hagel told Obama months ago that he felt he was done and he would be leaving.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

the line between 'worst' and 'best' is a thin one

Indeed...

Also, the line is very blurry.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The white hats are getting ready to take back the Pentagon and boot the zionazi cabal. Its getting juicy.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles
The white hats are getting ready to take back the Pentagon and boot the zionazi cabal. Its getting juicy.

It's going the other direction. Not enough warring and fear to keep the future good money going to the MIC.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I'm not sure if I liked this guy at all, (Hagel). However he was definitely fired by Obama. The Secretary was the ONLY Republican in the Obama Cabinet.

I agree. POTUS is purging the military of anyone who ever or who would likely stand up to his awful foreign policy. And one has to wonder why he got a Republican on board at all unless he knew it was a useless exercise.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles

Would that include Joe Biden? After all he said you don't have to be Jewish to be a Zionist.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hagel does not believe in Obama's cause. Obama would not listen to the man or anything the military is telling him. Obama is not going to fight ISIS or anyone else with ground troops. Aint going to happen on Obama's watch. He has a Peace Prize to earn yah know.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm not sure if I liked this guy at all, (Hagel). However he was definitely fired by Obama. The Secretary was the ONLY Republican in the Obama Cabinet.

I agree. POTUS is purging the military of anyone who ever or who would likely stand up to his awful foreign policy. And one has to wonder why he got a Republican on board at all unless he knew it was a useless exercise.
Don't worry most of the boots on the ground don't feel obligated if push came to shove to fight Americans for a President. I am retired now but the average joe military guy I worked with is smart enough to know their here for the American people and not the Commander N Chief. I would have died before engaging American citizens in this country under anyone's orders. No way and I firmly believe my brothers felt the same.

Yes killing the guys who go over and join the terrorists is an order I would follow but not here at home. No way for no reason. "We the People" are the rightful leaders of this nation when push comes to shove.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join