It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foley Family Fakery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Someone decided this staged event would be 'enhanced' if a picture should spontaneously fall off the wall during the interview.

One can observe the bottom right corner of the triptych pulling away from the wall as the fishline tugs on it.

Also note that the triptych is hung sideways to prevent it tilting when the string is pulled.

It is obvious that the central portrait is a head and shoulders shot indicating the whole frame has been hung on end.

Why would such a blatant gag be included in a supposedly serious interview?

Also obvious is the complacency of the 'actors' who play along with the stunt by trying not to react but end up smirking like the proverbial 'cat who ate the canary'.

edit on -06:00111411562014-11-24T07:56:11-06:00 by Psynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

Not sure what this is intended to impart…

but as an aside, one person in the comments section of the YouTube suggests the picture is hung "sideways".

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

but as an aside, one person in the comments section of the YouTube suggests the picture is hung "sideways".

It does look like that.. Maybe that's why it fell. A producer decided it looked better in the shot if it was vertical, and changed it last minute. The camera blurs it out anyway, maybe it looked more natural to them?

That's not why they are laughing though. It's hearing a lie out loud by someone acting so serious.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yes, must be fake, because:

We all know that there would not have been one, single person behind any of the cameras most likely smacking their forehead, rolling their eyes, etc, because a picture fell off the wall, messing up their shot, there by causing the girl to slightly grin.

Because also: we are all pre-programmed robots, and not humans: therefore it is impossible for anyone during their period of grief to crack a smile, chuckle at a joke, or express joy at seeing someone.

I mean when my father passed away a few years ago, I made sure that nothing would make me smile or laugh for months.

:rolling eyes:

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

People tend to look hard for any inconsistency when trying to paint something as something it is not. It the leaning of a conspiracy theorist which says anything that deviates from the "script" they have in their minds immediately raises red flags.

A picture falling, a small smile here or there, sideways glances, etc. These are picked up by them and ran with as evidence of a conspiracy, because it doesn't conform to the script.

In reality, life is rarely scripted and incongruities can and do occur. I'm not saying conspiracies aren't a thing, but sometimes a picture falling is just a picture falling, and not evidence of some larger dealings behind the scenes.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

It's a picture that fell....not really sure I see the conspiracy in this. Is there some significance to a picture falling in an interview that I am unaware of? Does it suggest the whole beheading thing is just a big HOAX, because a picture fell off the wall?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

That's not why they are laughing though. It's hearing a lie out loud by someone acting so serious.
I don't know enough about the whole thing to make intelligent conversation about it. I surely don't place myself in the "it never happened crowd", either.

Just observing…

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

How any adult would take this utter BS seriously is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have been a propsman and set decorator for longer than most ATS members have been alive.

Making pictures fall of walls is what I do.

There is no explanation for the corner lifting other than a strand of monofilament pulling it away from the wall.

Gravity can't do that.

Anyone care to suggest why the triptych was hung vertically so all the pictures were on their sides?

This was a staged event about a staged event.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: intrptr

A producer decided it looked better in the shot if it was vertical, and changed it last minute. The camera blurs it out anyway, maybe it looked more natural to them?

Uhrm, no.

Maybe someone who hasn't spent 40 years in film might buy that explanation but not me.

Do you really, REALLY believe that TWO anomalies took place simultaneously???

A picture is hung on it's side AND it falls on cue! LOL

If this wasn't a deliberate plan they would have done another take, because it's also obvious to me that this WASN'T take #1.

Surely after "arranging the picture just so" because it looked more "natural" on it's side, they'd want to do a take with it hung in all it's sideways beauty. LOL

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

How any adult would take this utter BS seriously is beyond me.

I agree completely!

How could anyone take this BS interview seriously?

Unless of course they were actually paid to agree with it.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

you should be ashamed of yourself it is not hard to find out if these two were his siblings in a photo search.
just search Foley family photos, James Foley's Siblings.

here are a few that i found. same folks plus one more.

oh i know it's all photoshopped

show some respect, this man was murdered. it was not some ploy.

edit on 24-11-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

you should be ashamed of yourself it is not hard to find out if these two were his siblings in a photo search.
just search Foley family photos, James Foley's Siblings.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Did you see Foley executed?

Bearing false witness is a sin.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Considering there is video of it, any person with the inclination can see his execution.

Or was that faked as well?

You're stretching pretty far to make your case, careful it doesn't snap.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

personally no, i refuse watch or play into their propaganda and let them try to intimidate me. but it has been verified by countless people,with far better credentials than you a chat room forum member or some youtube hack. and not all of them have been a government agency. i'll take their word over yours any day.

shame, shame, on you for attacking the memory of this man. and we'll see who is the false witness.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Considering there is video of it, any person with the inclination can see his execution.

I watched it. Not because it was my "inclination", but because I believe it is my duty as a citizen to see the evidence used by our governments as reasons to bomb other countries.

It was fake.

Shame on anyone who condones war based on hearsay.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

What evidence do you have to support your "it's fake" claim?

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Thoroughly discussed in it's own thread.

This one is about a fake picture fake falling in a fake interview.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

I watched it. Not because it was my "inclination", but because I believe it is my duty as a citizen to see the evidence used by our governments as reasons to bomb other countries.

It was fake.

Shame on anyone who condones war based on hearsay.

i hope you have better evidence than this being a fake interview. so i guess if some fat pimply face anon guy or girl sitting in their folk's basement claiming it's fake, i guess that make it the true.
please show us some fakery.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

Thoroughly discussed in it's own thread.

This one is about a fake picture fake falling in a fake interview.

Are you under some false notion that interviews are not discussed prior to the interview to facilitate some reasonable judgement on questions being asked? This is the family of a person killed in a very violent way. I am happy you are a set designer for whatever, but are you regularly involved in how a media interview is set up? They have questions that they go through prior to the "live" interview to make sure the others on the other end are ok with them.

Again.....who cares if a picture fell? This somehow makes this a huge conspiracy? I mean, why don't we take a look at the numbers on how many people actually watched the interview and what channel it was on and see if it even matters. Did you watch the actual interview yourself being broadcast at the time? Or are you just jumping on this because someone else was a conspiracy whackbag and said it is all faked because a picture fell?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join