It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun Parody Site I Just Found

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I guess this may be the forum to post this in. If not, maybe it belongs under Entertainment?
Anyway, I just found this new site called Uncyclopedia.com.

If you're like me and like news with a twist and a bit of comic relief thrown in for good measure, you might want to check it out!
(It reads a little like that NationalReport site, which is also Satire, but manages to fool people somehow nonetheless. This site is like that, but without the guile.)

uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Not posting this for discussion as much as just wanting to share.

Hope you enjoy~

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
"The term upstairs can mean any floor above another floor, even if that floor is downstairs from another floor above it. This upstairs-downstairs duality has often resulted in confusion for many building dwellers who can’t decide which floor they need to be on when exiting an elevator. Many reports of missing people have been resolved when they were found wandering aimlessly caught in the limbo between upstairs and downstairs. "

So funny. Thanks

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I've been looking for an good parody site since the demise of National Lampoon.

Many thanks OP. S&F

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Above Top Secret

On one hand, Above Top Secret (pronounced ATS) is a conspiracy, science, and breaking news website manned by some of the brightest unemployed people on the planet.

On the another hand, it's a place where distracting ads try to grab your attention and further cripple your sense of keeping your wallet closed (some ads actually float up out of nowhere and defy all attempts to capture or kill them). And on the last hand, sticky with bodily fluids but the one that holds all the cards, ATS is a site occupied by inmates of mental hospitals and/or security agencies monitoring the populace to see where the crazy will go next.

More at the link!

Good find, Freeborn!

edit on 23-11-2014 by On the Edge because: why?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Need a good laugh? Foamy the Squirrel at Ill Will Press. My son turned me onto this character a few years ago. Some of the video episodes are funny as hell, others, not so much but still cutting. Foamy the Squirrel at times, when launching into a tirade, reminds me of George Carlin except hooked on helium and crack LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dezertdog

Many thanks OP. S&F

Here's that National Report satire site, if you haven't seen it yet. In spite of it being satire, it isn't clearly mentioned that it is and is often linked to as an official news source!

http://_national_report_dot_net_/category/politics/
(link not posting right. Sorry!)

Setting the record straight....

en.wikipedia.org...

National Report is a fake news website which posts fictional articles related to world events.[2][3][4] The website was founded by Allen Montgomery in 2013.[5]

Several fictional stories run by the National Report have been briefly repeated as fact by mainstream news outlets, and in October 2014 the site was criticised for irresponsibly reporting non-existent outbreaks of ebola in the United States, including the purported quarantining of a town in Texas.

By the way, I used to love National Lampoon!! It's probably one of the magazines that helped give me an appreciation for good parody in the first place.

edit on 23-11-2014 by On the Edge because: link

edit on 23-11-2014 by On the Edge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: On the Edge

originally posted by: dezertdog

Many thanks OP. S&F

Here's that National Report satire site, if you haven't seen it yet. In spite of it being satire, it isn't clearly mentioned that it is and is often linked to as an official news source!

http://_national_report_dot_net_/category/politics/
(link not posting right. Sorry!)

Setting the record straight....

en.wikipedia.org...

National Report is a fake news website which posts fictional articles related to world events.[2][3][4] The website was founded by Allen Montgomery in 2013.[5]

Several fictional stories run by the National Report have been briefly repeated as fact by mainstream news outlets, and in October 2014 the site was criticised for irresponsibly reporting non-existent outbreaks of ebola in the United States, including the purported quarantining of a town in Texas.

By the way, I used to love National Lampoon!! It's probably one of the magazines that helped give me an appreciation for good parody in the first place.

Now on my favorites bar. Many thanx Edge!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You're welcome!
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a twisted sense of humor!

I tell ya, I've been reading too much "in your face" bad news lately, as we all here are prone to do,.
A little humor is like a good medicine.

Anyone have any more good parody sites...do share!

The Onion is one, for sure.
www.theonion.com...

top topics

join