It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, we are okay and the 'normal' people aren't!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thank you BornAgainAlien for passing this on to me. It seems from a study that us conspiracy theorists are then ones that are more normal than those that believe whatever they are fed.PLUS we are not as hostile in answering others when explaining our points as those who believe the 'official' story.

“The research… showed that people who favoured the official account of 9/11 were generally more hostile when trying to persuade their rivals,” said the study.

Here is the article.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

So glad that we are on to something.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I've seen this "study" before but calling it that would be a huge leap of the imagination. Not nearly enough data and doesn't have any of the setup of a legitimate study. It's interesting, but I really wish that people would stop making posts about it with the same biased article/wording attached to it.

Such as this:

Also, it seems that those who do not believe in the conspiracies were not just hostile but fanatically attached to their own conspiracy theories as well. The researchers said that, according to the anti-conspiracy holders, their own theory of 9/11 — one which says 19 Muslims, none of whom could fly commercial airliners with any proficiency, pulled off an amazing surprise attack under the direction of a man on dialysis (Osama bin Laden) who was living in a cave somewhere in Afghanistan — is unwaveringly true.

Poison the well.

Also, the link at the bottom where the citation for the actual study SHOULD exist just has a link to the general www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... page.

Don't get me wrong, I don't believe the official story...in my opinion only an idiot would believe any government at this point due to historical evidence of nothing but lies...but this is just propaganda wrapped up in a scientific bow. No thanks.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of Christians. Amazing how hostile they get when you don't believe what they do.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

If you are truly independent thinker

This report won't mean anything to you, just like countless reports saying we are crazy don't faze me either.

I live in this world.

But I tell you truthfully, my mind is outside it, looking in. And I am just visiting, not settling, you don't want to settle on Earth

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: OrphanApology

To be honest with you, I really don't care what a study says. If I have trouble swallowing the 'truth',I know something is amiss. I'll go with my gut instincts everytime. If others think I or other people who think the way I do are crazy,then so be it. But other conspiracy theories over the years have panned out. So I believe in a lot of cases,we are on to something here.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

S n F for your sudden realization that its us that are OKAY.....

Its them who don't question or wonder why or what and blindly follow that is the problem ergo not firing on all four cylinders IMHO.... My ex wife has always had issues with me for asking questions and my involvement here at ATS... Perhaps that is why we are now ex's.....

Thank you for your post in confirming what I knew deep down inside.... We are what makes a difference!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, some of the conspiracy theorists are more normal than normal people, not all. The thing is if you automatically believe everything that you are told is real without researching it, you are probably crazy. Many in society that are considered normal are that way.

So over half the normal people in society are conditioned so well that they cannot fathom reality. Science is a tool used to condition people. It is also a way of deciphering reality from someone's interpretation of it, someone who may be profiting, gaining prestige, or power from twisting the research to fit their needs.

This is not only about 9/11. Always ask yourselves what the possible reason we are being told something. Don't let it drive you crazy though. Often the reason policies are made is different than we are told yet the real reason is a good reason. The problem with this is deceit is not usually good because lies keep being created to cover up lies. Then the side effects of the deceit cause problems with the honest and good people because those who love to play the deceitful game capitalize on it. Seems like this is happening more in the USA than most other countries because even the people at the top train to deceive the public. The jobs attract those sorts of people, the best of the best.

Never automatically believe something without investigating both sides of the issue and questioning whether what is being researched or implemented is even necessary in the first place. Often the whole thing is just a big scam, something implemented to keep us looking in the right direction.

As an example, fracking. We are steered to look only at environmental pollution. What about the practice of cracking the earths crust, is that actually wise at such a great extent as we are doing? What are the other side effects. Worrying only about the fracking fluids is sidetracking us from something important. Most of those fluids are not really as much problem as we are told as long as they are processed right. Our focus is being shifted by the Magicians in charge. We need to examine the whole picture ignoring the ones who profit by this.

This is just one example of thousands of things going on. Just like all the money being spent on finding cures for cancer, wouldn't it be better if we spent our money researching what changes are causing the big increase? The same with type two diabetes. They are blaming it on sugar, yet sugar is just a player, something is causing our bodies to become insulin resistant. That is a chemical, not sugar itself. We need to find the real cause for these things, not treatment practices.

I like not being normal and blind to the truth. If you derive your income from working in a doctor office, you could look the other way because looking at the truth could mean that you would need to find a job. I pick on the medical field because I am most knowledgeable about it but the same thing applies to lots of things. I have seen the corruption in bidding government jobs. You low bid to get the job then get add ons. I do not like this deception, I would rather give a price that covers everything, but that is not normal. You need to play the game to get these jobs and use the practices of the deceiver to be accepted. In little jobs that is immaterial, but look at the big contractors and overall costs exceeding the bid by double, by billions. Deceit runs the country I live in and is considered acceptable. Everyone is conditioned to believe lying is acceptable. This causes excuses and finger pointing all over the place.

But I am not normal so do not believe what I say.
edit on 23-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I long ago had to come to the conclusion that there were two kinds of people in the world - people who were curious and people who weren't, for whatever unknown reason. I simply can't fathom not asking questions about everything, personally.

The uncurious and incurious can watch a video of the Commander of the Armed Forces reading about a goat and looking distinctly uncomfortable after being told 'the country is under attack' and not moving, not leaving the room, not getting up to even so much as make a phone call, and think it's entirely normal. They can watch a building turn into dust and piles of melted twisted steaming steel after an isolated fire of less than one hour's duration and not only not question it, but immediately decide to ask the haunting question, 'so what's for dinner?'

They can be told a cockamamie story invented within a half hour of the attack that it was 19 guys with boxcutters (relayed by a cell phone call that never happened) from the wife of the same Bush operative who played a key role in installing Bush as President during the Florida vote counting debacle and think 'it's perfectly normal, that makes sense'.

After the 1947 Roswell incident and HUNDREDS of other UFO sightings including radar returns and trusted military personnel in the months before and after, the U.S. Government found out that nothing silenced people who asked questions better than ridicule. Take the playground bully approach, tell people that the obvious facts are silly and that asking questions is tantamount to treason, and you'll silence the vast majority of questioners. The herd mentality rules common behavior and any deviance from herd mentality is something like self-banishment and only the very brave (who can't help but see the obvious) attempt it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
"It's no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

top topics

join