It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tallahassee Sheriff Deputy Ambushed + Shot and Killed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This is a very disturbing and sad news story that broke about an hour ago.

A Leon County Sheriff's Office responding to a house fire was ambushed, shot and killed by a gunman this morning.

LCSO spokesman James McQuaig, said about 10 a.m. deputies responded to a house fire on Caracus Court in the Plantation Woods neighborhood of northwest Tallahassee.

The first deputy to respond was killed.

"He was ambushed and he was shot and he was killed," McQuaig said.

The man then took the firearm of another deputy that had arrived and then walked down the street shooting the weapon. He shot and wounded another LCSO deputy in the process.

Deputies then shot and killed the man.

Tallahassee Democrat

It seems that this person had set the whole thing up, it's VERY sad.

Why would he do something like this?

Hopefully answers are found soon, and hopefully this is the end of it.

Prayers for all involved and all the families.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
its called suicide by cop.
the reason would be the person wanted to die

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

I'm not sure, most of the cases I've heard of suicide-by-cop goes down differently.

It seems that usually it involves a stand-off with a suspect who then forces an officer to shoot by just pointing the weapon at them. Cases where they set a house on fire, ambush and kill a cop, and then shoot at another one before firing the weapon randomly seem a bit more complex than the average "suicide by cop".

But you could be right. This just seems more complex than that.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

of course i could be wrong but thats what it sounds like to me
sometimes people crack and want to take a few with them on the way out...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Any case like this I've seen, the perp has had a grudge against the police, the government, or the world in general. They want to die, but not before taking as many people with them as they can.

There was another case recently where a firefighter, maybe more than one, was shot and killed by somebody who had killed his family (I think he did anyway) then set his house on fire. Had no real reason to kill the firemen, just wanted to

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Very sad. That was murder, plain and simple. Things like this start happening, and we wonder why they show up to a neighbor's dog poop dispute with tactical gear and an APC.

Yeah, it's overkill. But seriously, no one deserves to be executed while doing their job. Just sad that this is the world we have created.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Perhaps this was a twisted person's sense of social justice. But, like I said, "twisted". You don't lure your enemy into doing something potentially heroic (like responding to a fire call) and then execute them.

I would at least see some sort of logic to it if he shot the cop while he was beating an unarmed person or doing something equally heinous. If this person had a message to send with his action, he totally went about it all wrong.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I have been hearing more and more people lately angry with the police and Government.

I wouldn’t put it past our police or government to cover up stories of police being ambushed and killed if the killer got away. Or they would simply add in that they killed the killer to not give anybody any ideas. Think about it. They cant have reports of police being killed and the killers getting away. Not saying that is the case here. I just don’t believe anything any news stations report anymore.

As the saying goes. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My sincere condolences to the friends and family of the slain deputy and hope for a complete, fast recovery of his wounded comrade.

As a past volunteer firefighter the last thing your thinking about is getting murdered during a call.

Just plain sad.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hope the house sitter wasn't in the house and this nut job did anything to her as well.. I'm wanting to know if they find remains inside.

Sad the way the worlds heading thank God I didn't have any kids. I'm not the best kind of person in the world but this world would not be good enough for my kids.
edit on 11/22/2014 by Connman because: Read the article and seen it was not his house on fire

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Probably shot someone's dog recently. See what happens?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Elmira Davis, a Tallahassee educator who lives in the neighborhood:

"I feel that it was the presence of Jesus that prevented more injuries or fatalities," Davis said. "

Mental-gymnastics - from an educator no less.

I guess she feels safer now.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Why is this sad?

The police are killing/assaulting thousands of innocent or unarmed or helpless men/women/children/pets everyday.

I Don't find this sad as I see the cop as part of a violent gang that is just as guilty as all the rest.

Wear the colors? Die by the colors. Ask any criminal organization.

Peace

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

edit on 22-11-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: Forget it.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Why is this sad?

The police are killing/assaulting thousands of innocent or unarmed or helpless men/women/children/pets everyday.

I Don't find this sad as I see the cop as part of a violent gang that is just as guilty as all the rest.

Peace

But if a street gang showed up to help during a house fire, It's wrong to shoot them. You don't shoot bad guys when they are doing good things. It's just bad form.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

Why is this sad?

Peace

Jude11, more of a lurker than an active poster here, but I do tend to typically agree with your posts/replies.

This one, however, I must very much disagree with. From the article, we know nothing of the details of the officer himself. We only know that a "Deputy Sheriff" was killed. This "violent gang" member might have been Barney Fife for all we know. (Yeah, I know that his name has been posted on social media, but I don't use "social media")

Seems he was killed (total speculation here...) probably by someone posted up and waiting for him. The article says:

emergency responders tried to piece together the events that led to the shooting death of a Leon County Sheriff's Office deputy.
(emphasis added by me...)

It's sad because somebody was killed. Not that he died, but was killed.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I wish I could say I was shocked from what some posters are saying here, but I'm sadly not.

The lack of sympathy for this deputy that was shot and killed trying to help someone is saddening, but not shocking.

I knew some on ATS had a deep hatred for all things LEO, but I hoped it was not this deep.

I always knew, in the back of my mind, it was, though.

Whatever uniform someone wears, when they are trying to help others, they do NOT deserve to be killed.

They. Do. Not.

Maybe if he was brutalizing a citizen, I can understand. But someone trying to save other's from a house fire?

There's no excuse for these types of comments. It's just shameful.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Very sad. That was murder, plain and simple. Things like this start happening, and we wonder why they show up to a neighbor's dog poop dispute with tactical gear and an APC.

Yeah, it's overkill. But seriously, no one deserves to be executed while doing their job. Just sad that this is the world we have created.

i am not so sure the people have created this world ...we are all part of it and the people do not make the rules we live by them......and another way to think is that because they are shooting dogs and turning up with apc's to a dog poop dispute they are becoming more of a desirable target...

it is just a really sad way of thinking this whole tit for tat...if things do not change soon we will end up having much of the western world resembling israel and gaza

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Why was a Sheriff deputy responding to a structure fire? Was it one of those combination fire//police Dept? These are nefariuos because the fire dept. does not have to go by the 4th amendment. So some municipalities are combining them to get rid of 4th amendment protocols. So we do not know if it was heroic or not.

It may not be as it appears.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I really hope you're drunk and/or high.

If not just wiki sociopath.

I mean it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join