It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im a training A&P ask away

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
As many of you have read in my posts before I am training to be an aircraft and avionics technician.
I have completed my general testing and now have completed my powerplant final with a grade of 94 and an over all gpa of 97.80. I began airframe electrical today and will be taking airframe classes for the next 20 weeks. If anyone has any questions on powerplant, which includes general aviation, turbo props, turbo fans and turbo jets in general then I invite you to ask away. I am studying for my FAA written and Orals and practicals as we speak and will answer what I can, and can get answers to what I don't know if need be.

I have copies of the entire Federal Aviation Regs, AC 4313, 8083 for general, powerplant, and now airframe as well. I also have Aircraft electrical and many other reference books I can refer too. I learn faster actually explaining the way things work to others, and I will be paying close attention to this post over the next few weeks as I study. Any questions you have I will try to answer, and if I don't know the answer I have 8 instructors that can help me find the answer. I will try my best to answer it for you.

So ask away my friends

edit on 22-11-2014 by CaptNemo2012 because: typo sorry guys

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptNemo2012

S&F for sharing.

When will the industry discover that wings should flap like a bird?

Sorry, could not resist.

P

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Awesome! Are you going to an aviation college towards a degree? If so which school.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

No questions, just wanted to say congratulations for working hard to improve your future.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

So ask away my friends

So did they teach you how set up a plane for chemtrailing?

Just kidding.

Congrats on the passing your tests...good luck on the rest of what you need to do.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Enjoy the flight line. Just remember, the IFF doesn't work in the "OFFicial" mode.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Hey welcome to the community.

I'm a UH60 mechanic in the US Army. I'm also a crew chief.

A & P is a little down the line for me, right now its about promotion boards and training soldiers.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

What is the wing speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

African or European?

SM2

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

African or European ?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
S&F
Congratz!
This line of work is a dying out..no kids these days wanna get dirty..

started way back in 1980 and have been doing ever sense.
It never gets old or so it seems. Have you got a line on working at any major?
Working in the small airports sux and pays dirt. Regional is not bad but pays a little better then dirt.
Best of luck and if you need any advice PM me..i'll get with you as fast as I can.
Suck/Blow/Go

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181
Awesome! Are you going to an aviation college towards a degree? If so which school.

National aviation academy in clearwater fl and yes when I am through I will have an associates in avionics management.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No sorry no chemtrail training. Lolol. But im just now getting into airframe so who knows lolol.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DogMeat
S&F
Congratz!
This line of work is a dying out..no kids these days wanna get dirty..

started way back in 1980 and have been doing ever sense.
It never gets old or so it seems. Have you got a line on working at any major?
Working in the small airports sux and pays dirt. Regional is not bad but pays a little better then dirt.
Best of luck and if you need any advice PM me..i'll get with you as fast as I can.
Suck/Blow/Go
:

Thank.you very much. Actually im looking at working at an mro until I get avionics complete. Most of the students think that avionics is a waste of time and money but from what I am seeing most bigger companies are looking for people who already have some training in it. Keep trying to tell them but they are young dumb and full of it. Lol. Cant wait to get into the industry. This has been a dream of mine since I was little.:

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Congrats on your success. I completed my A&P in 93' at SNVTC in Vegas. Its shut down now but was an awesome school and I had one of the best instructors (Mr. Ray Snyder).

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Why are DC systems predominately 28V? I've never had a satisfactory answer to this question...

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe
Why are DC systems predominately 28V? I've never had a satisfactory answer to this question...

Aircraft batteries generally are 28v. So as a backup systems rely on 28v.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

That must be a very responsible job... no time or place for screw ups, one lose or wrong bolt and a plane can go down.

It will also be a job with constant new tec/updates to learn so you will be learning the rest of your carreer. Would you be interested to work on the worlds most dangerous workfloor? On a carrier..?

edit on 22/11/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5GenNext

originally posted by: EasyPleaseMe

Aircraft batteries generally are 28v. So as a backup systems rely on 28v.

Yes this is my understanding as well. Most aircraft use 28 volt batteries. So naturally they will have a 28 volt system. Aircraft alternators and generators produce 400 hertz at 28 volts because of the extreme electrical loads that are running the craft.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

That must be a very responsible job... no time or place for screw ups, one lose or wrong bolt and a plane can go down.

It will also be a job with constant new tec/updates to learn so you will be learning the rest of your carreer. Would you be interested to work on the worlds most dangerous workfloor? On a carrier..?

Na im to old for that now. Im 38 abd married so.tgat wouldbt be to good for me and my already rocky marriage. Lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join