It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Rookie Kills Unarmed Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com... I know this should be in Posse Comitatus, forum. However, right now New Subject is not working for me. Mods, move when you all want to move it.

This poor guy was just coming down a dark stair well and was shot. The PO is a rookie. I thought they are trained to observe before shoting to make sure who or what you shot at. The stair well was dark so how come the PO shot at someone without first id the person as someone with intent to do harm.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS!!!!

Im sick of reading this stuff about cops in America, they are nothing but a legal gang.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
www.foxnews.com... I know this should be in Posse Comitatus, forum. However, right now New Subject is not working for me. Mods, move when you all want to move it.

This poor guy was just coming down a dark stair well and was shot. The PO is a rookie. I thought they are trained to observe before shoting to make sure who or what you shot at. The stair well was dark so how come the PO shot at someone without first id the person as someone with intent to do harm.

F###ing cowards make me sick. Too damn chicken s### to even walk down the stairs in the dark without ending someones life. Big bad pigs afraid of the dark. He deserves the same treatment. Murderer.
edit on Cpm2Friday3220143830Fri, 21 Nov 2014 14:32:38 -06002014 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It's open season on black males.

Retracing the 1920's and accelerating backwards with this new batch of conservative loons. Let's just say sanity and restraint are disappearing over the horizon.

We'll be back to lynching, witch trials and debtor prisons in a few years at this rate. If you are one of these POS screwballs that thinks this is a good idea, star this post and show yourself.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
A rook partnered with a rook. Awesome policy there, and gee look what happened.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Two rookies on patrol together? With weapons? Wow, what could go wrong.

There is a HUGE problem with training. Kids fresh out of High School, go to academy, put on a nice blue uniform, strap on a glock, and parade around proudly. Alone. That's a real problem. These kids need to be with a seasoned cop for at least a year. They need to see how to deal with situations and people.

I would even go so far as to say the fault lies with the department and not solely with the officer.

And the poor guy who was killed had a daughter. Who is going to be there for her? Just sad news.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Perfect timing, to really get the protest going. My God this is just insane. The police that kill unarmed innocent civilains need to brought to justice, and punished as a Murderer. Thats what they are Murderers.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Shoot a cop in his own home and see what happens! Why aren't these cops in jail yet? Or are they? If you're willing to take such a dangerous job, it doesn't matter if you're a rookie or not. You kill an innocent man out of nothing but being startled, you should be locked up with the key thrown away. Whatever happened to tasers, rubber bullets, mace? Shoot em all I guess, here soon they won't have anyone to protect and serve.

Since were on the subject of police, I just wanna ask someone that is actually a cop a question. What is it that 1-4 cops could be doing in a parking lot for hours at a time in the middle of the night? I see it all the time in my area. Is the crime suppose to come to you now? Are they having parking lot meetings? Do they schedule nap time now for cops? I know its not a raid, so I don't even wanna hear that excuse. If I knew I wouldn't be ruffed up, I'd stop and ask them to get back to work since I'm basically paying them. But then again I'd probably just get shot, cause that's how you thugs handle things nowadays right?

edit on 21-11-2014 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think you made a mistake in your op. You said po instead of pos.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

So much juvenile angst in your post but I'll give it a try anyway.

Typically I, and other officers I worked with, would park in parking lots because it's a wide open space that we're a) visible to the public in and b) don't have to worry so much about somebody sneaking up on us. We would typically do it when writing reports (you don't usually go back to the house to do that) or between calls for service. Some areas don't have a high volume of calls, and you can only drive in circles for so long.

Sometimes you just talk shop. Just cleared a suicide call and have to decompress? You go park and talk to shift partners to get it off your chest. Better than taking it out on the next citizen you encounter, wouldn't you agree?

And yes, sometimes officers are doing it just to eff off. Won't pretend that it doesn't happen, but I won't pretend it's all 100% naptime either.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Retracing the 1920's and accelerating backwards with this new batch of conservative loons. Let's just say sanity and restraint are disappearing over the horizon.

We'll be back to lynching, witch trials and debtor prisons in a few years at this rate. If you are one of these POS screwballs that thinks this is a good idea, star this post and show yourself.

Don't worry. This time around we are much more evolved. Our lynchings will be equal opportunity. It won't just be black people this time around

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So much juvenile angst? I think its more along the lines of so much police brutality if anything. Thanks for the reply though, I always wondered what they could possibly be doing for half their shift. By the way I live in a major city, so low call volume is probably out of the question. I did come off attacking cops in general and I won't apologize until I see a change. What I will say is thank you for your service.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

My comment about the angst was you seemed to be painting with a broad brush, and I don't think that's fair to guys who are legitimately out to do their best day in and day out.

If it's a big metro area or big city then no, I really have no idea what they're doing. I will say I worked vandalism cases that, no crap, took 7 hours of report writing because of the number of people involved. But that's a one off thing, not a common circumstance.

All I'll say in summary is that some of us are good guys and doing our level best to do our jobs. In my department we had officers that were d-bags. They all wound up on one shift because nobody else wanted to work with them, but they hasn't done anything to merit firing them outright. It's an unfortunate reality of the job. But it was, and is, always my pleasure to serve. Some of us do it for the right reasons, but not all of us.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
Why aren't these cops in jail yet? Or are they?

Cops don't go to jail for doing something wrong, they get paid vacations courtesy of the tax payer.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63I thought they are trained to observe before shoting to make sure who or what you shot at.

Obviously, you thought wrong.
If they were actually trained that way, we wouldn't be where we are.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

problem there being most of the "seasoned" cops arent seasoned properly
theyve got experience true.... but experience in what? not sure its a good idea for new cops to inherit the #ed up practices of the guys who have been on the force several decades.... actually im pretty sure thats part of the reason these problems keep perpetuating themselves

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Noted. Dark stairwells are no longer safe.

Along with the street, in your car, in a store, in your home, or in public.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

I think you hit that one on the head.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Don't worry. This time around we are much more evolved. Our lynchings will be equal opportunity. It won't just be black people this time around

These cops are disgusting, but how you go from poorly trained idiot cops to lynch mobs is beyond me. This isn't racism...it is stupidity and poor training.

new topics

top topics

join