It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do They Send Us Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I wanted to share one experience I had yesterday, because it was so intense, I woke up with tears of joy, and thanking my late mother, who passed away a year ago in October.
Do and can our passed on loved ones send us dreams?
I have been visited by passed on grandparents many times in the past, telling me how well I am doing, and to keep it up, and giving me advice on current situations in my dreams, but can they also send us dreams?

Last night I had an argument with my husband, it wasn't anything big, we already made up today. We never argue for too long, but before going to bed I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I asked my late mother to please send me a dream to give me some rest, a dream to calm me down.

I have never asked any of my passed on relatives to do this for me.

This was a first for me, and I have no idea why I even asked for it, I was just desperate.

So, then I had the most wonderful dream, a dream I wish I've had before in my life, but never had.
I dreamt I was in an antique bookstore, and was the only customer.

I got to browse through all the magnificent old/ ancient looking books.
Look at the covers, read them...I was there all day.

Now,... only my mother knows how much I truly love reading, and how much I love books, especially ancient ones, and which topics.

I found only books there, that were to interest to me. It was so peaceful, it felt so special.

Alexander the Great hated grapes.....
Julius Ceasar had tiny feet....

I got to read all these interesting tidbits, and take in everything. The feel of the books, the smell, the atmosphere.

When I woke up, I had tears in my eyes. I was so happy.
I didn't even think, I just said "Thank you mom. I love you."

So my question is: Has anything like this ever happened to you? Has a passed on loved one sent you a special dream?

edit on 21/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

edit on 21/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Yes...our loved ones no matter who they are... that have passed away and gone to the other side... do communicate with us many times via dreams...they do so as to not scare us.

You are blessed.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

Yes...our loved ones no matter who they are... that have passed away and gone to the other side... do communicate with us many times via dreams...they do so as to not scare us.

You are blessed.

Thank you dear Caladonea,

You are very kind.
I think so too now after this dream. It was too specific and specially tailored to my tastes to dismiss it. Even while I was walking through the isles in my dream, I kept thinking how special an occasion this was.

Wishing you a nice weekend,
RR

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I was visited. O.o by both living and the deceased.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nephalim
I was visited. O.o by both living and the deceased.

If you have the time , please do share your experience. I for one would be very interested. And I think others would be too.

Like I've said in my OP I've been visited in my dreams by my grandparents, but this -sending me a dream specifically that would bring me joy only my mother knows how- was a first.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I think they do.

My great grandmother was like a radio to God. She would always have dreams of dead relatives or angels. I dont really have them personally but I have had some I know were sent from somewhere. I personally think that I dont get to see the people as they were or how I remember them or imagine them since I know that they cant possibly be like that again. I see them as emotions, feelings, ideas....So maybe I do get dreams from them, but just not something others can relate to.

Kind of like your dream. It wasnt like your mother in her former form, but rather an experience that you would know she sent and catered to you for your joy.

I think thats the purest form of spirit. An experience, feeling, idea, emotion. Thats what we become IMO.

Have good one.
Hold it down.

edit on 11 21 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I got premonition dream. Remember that Chelyabinsk meteor in 2013? I dreamt about it a day before it happened. When I saw the news I was shocked, to say the least.

edit on 21-11-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thanks T,

I know what you mean. She wasn't personally in the dream, just sent me what I needed. And I know what you mean.

Ps: Since she has passed she has visited me in my dreams, but not in this one. This dream - I feel - was tailored to calm me down.

Also in the dreams where she visited me, she looked like she was in her 30s. (Young and vibrant)
She died at 60.
So there must be something to the myth that we all look like we are in our 30s in the afterlife.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
I got premonition dream. Remember that Chelyabinsk meteor in 2013? I dreamt about it a day before it happened. When I saw the news I was shocked, to say the least.

I dreamt of my husband - saw his face-before I even met him,- and he's from another country.

Yes, dreams are more than we think, I do believe.

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I cant say that I have had a dream experience like yours before, (that I can think of) however, I would like to think that they do. My dad passed two years ago and I would love to have some sort of contact with him, aswell as my great aunt, and great grandmother -that would be really special. Anyways what im getting at, although I haven't had an experience quite like yours, I feel that our loved ones give us guidance when we need it. I always appreciate it and I smile every time I feel some type of contact is made. S&F

posted on Nov, 30 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There are most certainly connections outside of our perceived reality. Looking closely has its rewards.

Your dream was awesome and I can't think of a better one myself aside from walking the ancient wonders during their glory.

edit on 30-11-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join