It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verdict could be any time now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Things here in St. Louis are getting hectic.
St. Louis County Executive Charlie Dooley has called a press conference at 2:30pm today.
And Jennings school district has apparently called off school for Mon and Tues next week. (trying to verify this)

It appears we may finally have the verdict.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The magazine is loaded, and the round is chambered.

Soon the trigger will be pulled, and Ferguson will burn.

Such a sad day.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Verdict?

How about indictment or not?

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

A side issue, but if the school has called off classes for Monday and Tuesday the kids might as well take Wednesday off too and make a week of it (Thursday is Thanksgiving in the States).

There won't be an indictment, imnho, and the weather isn't horrible so some people will choose tonight to run a little wild. Why'd they announce it on a Friday? A perfect night for people to build upon each others emotions.

edit on 21-11-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
this whole situation really is ridiculous....
grand jury taking its sweet ass time...teasing/tempting the citizens with all the "its gonna be today crap"

schools closing because of a grand jury verdict....

very, very sad....

like most things, its going to get worse before it gets better.
this is going to further divide people...

of course there will be innocent people that suffer and get hurt...

really sucks

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
After the video was posted, showing that the officer Did NOT have any facial injuries, Thus showing that he really did overreact. The guy wasnt carrying a gun, so really I dont know how the officer can justify shooting this young man. Luckily Im not making this call, but they better get it right, We have a chance to reign in the police brutality a bit, but something tells this will be all fudged up, and the officers walks. Prompting more riots, more police brutality. Whats happening to this country right in front of my eyes

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Feels to me like they are just waiting to wave the green flag...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mark98SS

Verdict?

How about indictment or not?

Correct, thats what we want to know.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

A side issue, but if the school has called off classes for Monday and Tuesday the kids might as well take Wednesday off too and make a week of it (Thursday is Thanksgiving in the States).

There won't be an indictment, imnho, and the weather isn't horrible so some people will choose tonight to run a little wild. Why'd they announce it on a Friday? A perfect night for people to build upon each others emotions.

I cant speak for other cities, but most school here in St. Louis only have class Mon and Tue. during Thanksgiving week. So calling off Mon and Tue gives the schools a whole week off if the crap hits the spinning blades.

And it hasnt been announced yet. There is a lot of talk that the actual Grand Jury decision will be announced on Sun.
edit on 21-11-2014 by coop039 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glassbender777
After the video was posted, showing that the officer Did NOT have any facial injuries, Thus showing that he really did overreact. The guy wasnt carrying a gun, so really I dont know how the officer can justify shooting this young man. Luckily Im not making this call, but they better get it right, We have a chance to reign in the police brutality a bit, but something tells this will be all fudged up, and the officers walks. Prompting more riots, more police brutality. Whats happening to this country right in front of my eyes

the deceased was 135 feet from the LEO vehicle.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It would appear to be true!
Well, there won't be too much to "make up" I'm sure. My kiddos don't do very much REAL work at school the couple days before a holiday.
Prayers for all in what's to come...

UPDATED to include information regarding Ferguson-Florissant, Riverview Gardens schools.

The Jennings School District will not hold school Monday and Tuesday in expectation that a grand jury will announce its decision this weekend on whether to indict officer Darren Wilso

Source

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

The forensic evidence implies that he went for the officers gun. If some one tries to take your gun, you would assume that they will use it on you, in which case the shooting was justified.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

was he 135 feet away when a portion of his body was in the car?
very curious about that

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

In the same scenario, I'd be on trial for murder. I can't shoot someone retreating in the open.

LEO's can do any damn thing they wish. They control all the evidence processing.
edit on 21-11-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Grovit

If he tried to grab the officer's gun, then he becomes a "fleeing felon" because of what he could/would be charged with for the gun-grab. Most departments give officers leeway when shooting to stop a "fleeing felon." Not entering into the justified/not justified debate, just explaining the possible legal theory being debated.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I doubt your curiosity is sincere.
There is no evidence the suspect was "going for" the officer's gun. It's part of the thorough disinformation program by the PD and I suspect, the FBI. The leaks have always put the number at 35 feet.

There are mixed accounts of an assault close to the vehicle. The suspect was shot a number of times from different distances. Many shots missed the target. The entry wounds are inconsistent with the official "story".

The body of the deceased with the kill shot in the top of the head were 135 feet from the officer's vehicle.

None of it matters.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I doubt your curiosity is sincere.
There is no evidence the suspect was "going for" the officer's gun.

its not sincere. actually i am not even curious.
did i say anything about 'going for' the cops gun?

pretty sure i asked about a portion of his body being inside the vehicle.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Time is getting closer

It is vital to engage in planning and preparation, from evaluating protocols and training to choosing the appropriate equipment and uniforms,'' Holder said in a video message posted on the Justice Department website. "This is the hard work that is necessary to preserve the peace and maintain the public trust at all times— particularly in moments of heightened community tension."

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

The FBI hasn't had anything to do with the criminal investigation. Their investigation is in regards to possible civil rights abuses. Seeing as Holder was rabid about this case from early on, if anything their slant is going to swing the other way.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Last night I watched a ustream of Ferguson and here is what I noticed. First protestors where in the road, blocking traffic, and as the night went on began stepping in fromt of cars and requiring they honk to pass. Later protestors lined up near the gate with officers 6 feet away on the other side and the # these so called protestors where saying was not about equality and fairness. I heard plenty of foul mouth talking, making fun, and basically incite filled words. When officer did not engage they moved back to the street where they where again blocking traffic. Police moved to the road and then the police stampeded, arresting a few protesters.

My reflection is protesters where egging on the cops, cops responded aggressively, calm was restored.

Personally I think police have a tough job and I also think they abuse their power, profile, perform illegal searches, and all that.

The protesters are angry but they are going about it all wrong. Pissing of an angry bull isn't going to give them the justice they want.

My take is this decision needs to be done, violence Will result, and only after that will things improve...until the next politicized event.

Further Obama and Holder have twice added fuel to the fire by politicizing and polarizing racial issue's. Personally I believe this is by design to divide America so most Americans are so busy paying attention to this stuff while Obama "fundamentally Screws Up" America!

It's going to by ugly and not just in Ferguson but all major American cities!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join