It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist? This is hardly consensus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Aliens Nuked Mars

Here's the thing, if aliens do come to wipe out life on earth, please use biological warfare. This planet can be a pristine nature preserve, and there's no reason to kill the entire planet over a few pesky primates. ;p

The only way the above assertion makes sense is if the species doing the wiping out is either anti-colonial or non-biological, because if they were both colonial and biological then it would make more sense for them to be invading these planets and absorbing them into their empire.

The above is so speculative as to be a fairy tale essentially, proceed with caution.
edit on 11 21 2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Basically, a scientist made an opinion way outside his field. From "reviewing" physics papers to expert in exopolitics?

Claiming that there were aliens on Mars is already hardly provable. Adding that they nuked the surface is simply adding cheese.

I would be the first to applause the discovery of alien life. But it'll take far more to convince me than a wild speculation with the tag "scientific! " on it.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Already here

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Considering that the source article contains a known hoax photo, it should be taken with a metric ton of salt.

Other things to consider is that Dr. Brandenburg is a plasma physicist working on fusion, so his field of study doesn't exactly make him qualified to speak to the existence of lost civilizations on other worlds.

It's an interesting hypothesis, but one I believe will be firmly debunked once we put human boots on our red neighbor.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Topic already covered here. I won't be believing there was ANY life on Mars until we see some actual artifacts dusted off instead of vague, pixelated rock formations and overanxious pareidolia.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Yeah. I just don't see why he is presented as a scientist when he is acting as a private citizen. This is basically an appeal to authority in its rawest form.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Sorry to all the rule Nazi's who hate double posts. I made the grievous error of posting here without reading every singular post everyone else had already posted today. When you come by my house later to draw and quarter me, please bring some good whiskey along with you.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well, they certainly failed at making way for that new bypass. Must have been a Thursday...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If I was you I'd bring whiskey simply for whiskey's sake...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

When you come by my house later to draw and quarter me, please bring some good whiskey along with you.

Would you prefer Crown Royal or Gibson's ?

I don't need to draw and quarter someone as an excuse to suck back a few tasty ambers on the rocks.

As my pappy always said, "It's after 12 o'clock noon somewhere in the world..."

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I'm a cheap drunk. Canadian Club and Seagram's 7 are good enough for me. ;p 12 O'clock? I've hit a shot in the morning time to ease the shakes before. Ah, those were the days.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: swanne Claiming that there were aliens on Mars is already hardly provable.

as provable as claiming there were not..

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Canadian Club or Seagrams ?!

Good gawd man... no wonder you need to remedy the shakes the morning after, you've poisoned your gullet with battery acid.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Hey, I grew up sneaking gulps of moonshine out of mason jars when my dad wasn't looking. Canadian Club is actually pretty tasty to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I love how this has turned into a whisky thread. I'm a bourbon guy myself.

On topic- Would like to see what he has to back up his claims. Probably nothing as usual.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Three rules to enjoy whisky are
1. The whisky should be old enough to buy itself a drink.
2. It should always be spelled without an e.
3. If you can still pronounce the name on the bottle you need another drink.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Those kinds of whiskeys in the states are spelled without an e. We spell them Scotch. ;p

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Please reply here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join