It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Psychic Experience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
After a night of relaxing with my wife under the stars and attempting meditation for the first time, I had what I can only consider as a psychic experience a day or two later. I've had deja vu all my life and what I experienced not the same. I didn't guess or assume anything. I had knowledge of something moments before it happened. There wasn't a voice or anything. The information just appeared in my head, seemingly from nowhere. I don't know. In that moment before the current linear event came to pass, I felt totally connected to the universe and the people around me. The YouTube video below that I made better articulates what I experienced.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Verideecimo

I have not watched the video, but cool!
Welcome to the world of ESP.

I've had premonitions like that since I was a little kid, however, when I started to get into meditation, they started to happen a lot more often. Usually, like you said, it is RIGHT before something happens.

You would probably to wonderful with a deck of tarot too, but keep up with the mediation no matter what.
Some people seem to be able to trigger what you are experiencing that way, and it only gets stronger the more you focus on it.

Thanks for sharing, and if I get time, I will watch the vid.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I meditated again two days ago for 45 minutes and haven't had another experience like that yet. Even without the bonus of having esp it leaves me completely relaxed and stress free. I definitely am sold on it now and will continue to do it regularly. Thanks for commenting.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I am super skeptical , but I try anyway , I do get to a point where I feel like Im losing control and shaking inside , it scares me and I jump out of it , I want to soo bad

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Your welcome. yeah, you won't experience it again unless something is going to happen.
That is what it is for.
If you focus on having more experiences, you will whereas if you just get into the mediation with no focus, it will still happen, just not as often. People tend to think it is more profound than it really is.

I watched the vid and it kind of made me chuckle a little.
I believe you are correct that we are dumbed down to conform to society,
however, once one begins to understand what is really going on inside themselves on a much deeper level,
they begin to see we are much more than what we are taught to believe.

It is like people have forgotten and meditation can be a very profound reminder of who and what we are and what potential we hold within ourselves.

And I also agree it is very hard to explain what we see when we have premonitions. It is like a slideshow or movie for myself a lot of the time. It happens very quick. Almost like a flash of light.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I really enjoyed your yt video.

I have a wide range of paranormal things that occur in my life, including moments of ESP. They are most often shared experiences with the family unit. My mother specifically. It always increases, or maybe my sensitivity to noticing it, increases when I meditate.

A friend recently sent me a book on Chakra and meditation working, and I've noticed my dreams are more vivid and easier to remember, my meditations more often turn into an astral travel, and paranormal activity is increasing around me. Which I don't mind at all. I've lived with noticing the paranormal all my life.

CdT

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Verideecimo
... I've had deja vu all my life and what I experienced not the same. I didn't guess or assume anything. I had knowledge of something moments before it happened. ... I felt totally connected to the universe and the people around me ...

A degree of Déjà-type experiences is normal , ( a few times a year ) , but frequent Déjà vu is a symptom of a neurological disorder , usually epilepsy ... en.wikipedia.org...

Déjà vu is a brain-glitch, ( its increased incidence in those with epilepsy is evidence of that ) : you are not seeing the future.

Dysphoria , (including euphoria / bliss / one-ness ), can also be a symptom of epilepsy.

As for solfeggio frequencies ... rationalwiki.org...

[ Further reading on "Dr" Leonard Horowitz ... skepdic.com... www.fda.gov... ]
edit on 21-11-2014 by engvbany because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: engvbany

I've had deja vu with premonitions attached.
Whether or not it is a brain glitch, it can and does happen.

Unless it has happened to you though, I can understand skeptical views.
Just know that somehow, a premonition with feelings of deja vu is a normal part of some psychic experiences.

I don't know the cause, but I do know that a premonition is a premonition no matter how it comes about.
Brain glitch or not.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
I've had deja vu with premonitions attached ...
... a premonition with feelings of deja vu is a normal part of some psychic experiences.

The Déjà-experience is what people are misinterpreting as a psychic experience where they have seen the future.
In reality no prophesy involved ... wikipedia.org/wiki/Déjà-vu

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Damn it.

DAMN IT!

I never watch videos posted on ATS because they are always let downs. This one was no different. If you are going to watch this video, understand that he doesn't even get to the "psychic experience" until 2 minutes from the end of the video. It is all text to be read, and is mostly discussing meditation.

The "experience" ends up being a self fulfilling prophecy because he believes something to be true and then takes steps to ensure that his vision of events becomes reality.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Not when you see everything that happens a few minutes later.

been there, done that.

Deny all you want!

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Not when you see everything that happens a few minutes later.

Alternative explanation : your Déjà experience persists for a few minutes.

If you really do have precognition its a pity you only see a few minutes into the future : that's not long enough advance-notice to bet on a horse , or buy a lottery ticket.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

It is long enough to avoid a collision or prevent a sudden accident.
I have been on both ends of that where I did not say something and something happened just as I was seeing it, and then to say I see something, watch out, and prevent a major accident due to my reaction.
(we still had the accident, however, if I had not said I knew something was wrong and hesitated for that few seconds, we all would have died)

These are survival skills at the core,
it is when one attempts to develop them into more that you start to see more useful uses.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

These are survival skills at the core,
it is when one attempts to develop them into more that you start to see more useful uses.

And yet, no one has had a useful enough gift to be able to grab a huge wad of cash from James Randi.

web.randi.org...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

That is because Randi is just as much of a goof ball as the people who try to get the million.
Look up his challenge and read all sides to it. You cannot win even if you do.

But don't take my word for it, research it for yourself.

Besides, a million dollars would be my death bed,
I already know that.
I would self destruct.

That and I am not THAT good.
But I do have lots and lots and lots of experience with it.

But this is not about me, this is about the OP and his first premonition.
If you want to discuss this farther with me, step over here:
ESP is real, Stop claiming it's not!
edit on 21-11-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I am quite familiar with the challenge.

It's incredibly fair.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

... It is long enough to avoid a collision or prevent a sudden accident ... (we still had the accident

Contradiction in terms. BTW have you ever heard of absence seizure , (another manifestation of epilepsy), people have accidents because of them.

Besides, a million dollars would be my death bed,

Give me Mr Randi's money then

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

No way, I would willingly self destruct with that kind of money..lol

I am being realistic here, if you chose to believe or not.
The Randi argument just is not even anywhere in my own view of any of this, and I find it a rather annoying thing for people to throw out, because they try to dismiss the experience with that one dumb argument,
get the million or you are a fraud, liar or mentally ill. (or just fooling yourself)

Life is not about money,fame,or making a name for oneself, it is about the journey.
Anyways, this is not my thread,and I don't want to derail it with my own experiences.

People don't have to believe,
but those that experience these things know,
they don't believe.

There is a difference.

Experiencing a premonition, no matter how small, is a very eye opening experience the first time.
Doors you never even thought about suddenly can fly open for you if you pursue it and the universe thinks it is a good idea for you to do.

These things don't always come with deja vu, they come in dreams, feelings, so many ways, the feeling of deja vu is just one of them.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

These things don't always come with deja vu, they come in dreams ...

That's just another type of Déjà experience called Déjà Rêvé.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Hmmm.

Deja whatever-it-is,
it happens.

I get what you are suggesting,
which is why it should be a shared experience whenever possible,
to make sure it is not just happening to you,
because then it could possibly be something wrong,
such as a seizure.

new topics