It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor explodes in sky over Oklahoma City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
looks just like the Chelyabinsk meteor - especially the way the trail splits into 2 at the end.

and 5 reports on youtube is nothing.. that can be done in 10 minutes, by anyone with a creative way to create multiple gmail or hotmail accounts.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: H1ght3chHippie

Should have seen the one last night over south central Alaska, it last for at least 4 seconds, and had me at hello.

Fascinating aren't they?!

Thanks for the share

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Odd. A very spectacular fireball and not a single report on AMS.
www.amsmeteors.org...

I assume this is a meteor from the comet that passed by earlier this week?
There was no "comet that passed by earlier this week."

Queen Elizabeth could fart in front of a group of people and if they mentioned in a thread, you would dismiss because it wasn't reported on the news.

I wonder about you sometimes.....

I think that if MSNBC offered you a job, that you would be their best reporter.

So are you saying that the friends I was with last night "didn't see" that awesome sight in the sky last night because KTUU didn't channel it out to the masses? Or that ADN didn't type it up. Or that the 100% viewing of h sky by astronomical experts with PHDs, that anyone with a IQ of 75, is just too stupid to notice a simple thing, blah

So uptight. Have a drink, would ya?!

edit on 22-11-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Cool ... starman entering the atmosphere. .absolutely great catch

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Well, there could be no sound from it because the video is cut off well before any sound would reach the ground. Maybe the videographer cut it off there because they started swearing at that point and didn't want to upload that. I've seen plenty of shooting stars and a few bolides coming in and they vary in speed, probably due to their height. I can see if they're skipping off the atmosphere many miles up, they would appear to be going slowly, and maybe be soundless even if quite large. We seem to be entering into a particularly dusty section of space, and then there's all that space junk up there that will have to fall out of orbit sooner or later. Hopefully none of us will be in the wrong place at the time when a $5000 NASA wrench comes colorfully down.

So; total global effects if the video was real: ***

Total global effects if its a dastardly hoax: ***

Right?

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

Queen Elizabeth could fart in front of a group of people and if they mentioned in a thread, you would dismiss because it wasn't reported on the news.
That would be a great video but I'm pretty sure she doesn't fart.

So are you saying that the friends I was with last night "didn't see" that awesome sight in the sky last night because KTUU didn't channel it out to the masses?
No. I'm saying it's curious that in a city of 600,000 people the only reports of a very spectacular daylight meteor come from a handful of postings on youtube.

edit on 11/22/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

link
(Scroll down to see report)

Well this site seems to have concluded that the Oklahoma City event WAS indeed a fake. Looks like I'm eating boot leather on this one. As of now it does appear to be a fake. Apologies.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I know where one is that didn't fully burn up lil over the size of bowling ball or two. What do you think it's value is???

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather
Put it on ebay and find out.

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That would be a great video but I'm pretty sure she doesn't fart.

That is correct.

For thus spake the Great Sage, Richard Pryor:

Women don't fart.
They poot.

dex

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD
Star for the Queen fart quip. Loved it.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
lol.....

Watch the lens flare created by the meteor... Watch how the lens flare comes from behind the house... lol. Stupid CGI mistake.

I already know the method they used here. They used the blue sky as a blue screen (aka green screen). They "chroma key" out the sky and replace it with a render of the meteor. They do that so the meteor can appear to fall behind the house. However, they made the lens flare go behind the house too by mistake.

Also... the lens flare is the same color on ALL videos of this event. That is highly unlikely... the color of a lens flare varies between cameras, and it would be insane if they all somehow had the same camera.

BAD CGI HOAX PROOF

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Must've been Wayne Coyne and The Flaming Lips!

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat
Geez, I have heard of UFO debunking but... Meteor debunking? AYFKM? What the hell is the point in that? Why would someone go through so much trouble to fake a video of a meteor? You know, things do happen that are real, right? My mind is just blown. I don't know maybe it is fake but that would be stupid as f### in my opinion. We'll see.

indeed.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
looks just like the Chelyabinsk meteor - especially the way the trail splits into 2 at the end.

and 5 reports on youtube is nothing.. that can be done in 10 minutes, by anyone with a creative way to create multiple gmail or hotmail accounts.

The whole thing wreaks of 4chan to me. Two of the three accounts are similar, the comments on one video being repeated by other 'users' verbatim, videos are 12 seconds long (matching length), no audible explosion, lighting seems off, no reports on known meteor sites. The fact that this has been 'picked up' by news sources means nothing when they simply source back to the videos themselves.

I say again... I'm pretty sure this is the work of either 4chan or other kids not dissimilar to those who frequent that toilet.

I've seen stuff like this unfold first hand on their /b/ board. They were hanging out chatting and wanted to get some derogatory twitter hashtag going about Justin Bieber. They had some stock photos of him with what looked like Muslims. I myself suggested to them that they get it going that Bieber converted to Islam. That's all I said. They started some hashtag and went to posting using fake accounts. I could see on twitter they got it going pretty quickly, but I don't think it ever really took off after a day or two. Of course very shortly after they started this, they deleted the thread from 4chan to cover their tracks. They just do this crap for fun, and this was just ONE example of I'm sure untold thousands.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Septimus
Oops, already posted. Can't say whether this is fake or not. Looks legit in the third video, but the first two are almost identical. Must have been neighbors... On top of the earthquakes and tornadoes, I'm kinda glad I don't live in Oklahoma.

Which damaging earthquakes?
Which tornadoes? The ones from 2 years ago?

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
lol.....BAD CGI HOAX PROOF

I think they still call that Matte painting, they used painted glass in 'older' movies to the same effect clearing the area to be refilmed, even that was very good, and done by very talented people for God knows how long.

You could also say this is what you are up against in the here and now when it becomes near to impossible to immediately identify a digital hoax from the real thing, without some singular input. So Phage is right to point out the lack of local media interest in the immediate. There is also the issue of lack of immediate keyword interest on the internet, also in the immediate.
Chelyabinsk it is not, even though it looks like it.
So to take a part of the comments here, I could say that the pictures are real, NASA is the culprit and that they used the X-37 to do a bit of Skeet shooting using ball bearings..something they are very fond of, or whatever back to Earth in a false flag meteorite invasion. Brilliant, and probably achievable but not even new for the internet speculation since you will find reference like that for NASA fecking up China's space vehicles. So it goes on.

edit on 23-11-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Another suspicious aspect of this is that the trail would have been in the sky for hours, and would have been a radar target as well. No mention. The area is really well populated.

posted on Nov, 24 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: H1ght3chHippie
Just stumbled upon this and could not find it posted yet.

What's up with all the meteors these days ?

And another angle:

PROJEKT ZEBRA

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   
So it was fake after all? I thought that the light on the driveway in one video showed that it was real, took a self-imposed three-day ban for being a 'Richard', and it turns out fake anyway. Trust thyself, I usually say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join