It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Student at FSU - Let Me Tell You What I Know

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+51 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Let me start by saying: I was NOT in the building where the shooting happened, I was a mile away at home.
I'll give you a break down of what I saw, and what I know.

At 12:37am I received a Text Alert from FSU, saying: "DANGEROUS SITUATION! Main Campus - Tallahassee. Seek shelter immediately, away from doors and windows."

No other information given. Now, we sometimes get those alerts for dangerous weather, but the skies were clear. So I called the FSU PD non-emergency phone number. I asked them what the deal with the alert was, and they told me they cannot comment at all about it, but they checked to ensure I was safe at home.

So, I put on warm clothes, and ran the mile down to the main campus.

I found the Strozier Library and several other buildings completely roped off and swarmed with police officers, EMS, and emergency vehicles.

These are my only pictures, you can see emergency vehicles everywhere, a police man with a tactical weapon secluded in the foliage, and a number of students up against windows in an adjacent building.

I tweeted out these pictures and within moments I was being asked over twitter to answer questions from a local reporter and someone with NBC News.

Now, here is what we know now:
The one shooter was killed outside the library. He was approached by responding officers, refused to drop his weapon, and reportedly fired at an officer.
There were a few hundred students in the library at the time, so there are MANY witnesses.
Three students were shot in the library, one was treated and released at the scene, the other two were taken to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital - they are reportedly seriously hurt.
People say they only heard a few gunshots in the library, perhaps as few as 4-5. It SEEMS like this gunman came to shoot specific people, but that's just my idea.

Now, here are some pictures floating around our social media:

We, as a school, are united today.

We are very proud of our police and first-responders, they handled the situation perfectly.

Pray for FSU.

+45 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So you got this message:

At 12:37am I received a Text Alert from FSU, saying: "DANGEROUS SITUATION! Main Campus - Tallahassee. Seek shelter immediately, away from doors and windows."

And this was your response:

So, I put on warm clothes, and ran the mile down to the main campus.

Ok then.

Peace

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Im beginning to think ATS members should get press badges. We do better than the actual press.....

a reply to: jude11

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I know, it seems strange. But I checked our local Yik Yak feed and everyone was saying the situation was clear and safe, so I felt confident in venturing out. Our emergency alert system is great at getting news out, but won't give the 'all clear' for several hours (in this case, we didn't get the "all clear" until after 4am).

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I probably would have done the same. Human curiosity and all. It's the reason why crowds gather around fist fights, why people rubberneck on the highway at crash sites, etc.

Not saying he was right in doing so, but the urge to check it out would have been hard to tamp down for me. I'm just naturally curious. One day I'm sure it'll bite me. Cats, and all.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

In all fairness, I have done and do the same thing. If there's something going on, I want to see it.

I'm not recommending that as a course of action, but if I said I wouldn't do the same thing, I'd be kidding myself.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good thing that schools are gun free zones or someone could have been hurt.
And just some free advice, run away from the gunfire. It's safer.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gatorboi117

Amazing and sad at the same time. Good work storm chaser. Don't listen to what anybody says. Consciously putting ones own life at risk is a choice. Just look at daredevils like Evel Knievel. There's no difference.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815
Im beginning to think ATS members should get press badges. We do better than the actual press.....

Just checking.

Probably would have Done the same...

Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My kind of guy. You hear to stay away and rush to see what is going on.
S&F

Are you part Finn?
edit on 20-11-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Americans should be blessed that it is so easy to buy a gun. In situations like this one should be able to protect yourself. What am I saying..it doesn't make any sense at all. Caught in a loop?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I was expecting to see it was a less severe incident when I read my text message this morning...Like the OP said, we usually only get them when it's storming, or if there was a robbery on campus (or, to be honest, most often when they're testing the system and there really is no emergency!) - Imagine my surprise when I discovered my University plastered over the front pages of every major news network!

Have to say that there's a peaceful/community vibe on campus today - Lots of folks coming together and seeking comfort in numbers.

They've just announced the details on the shooter...Of course I'm sure there'll be more to come...Especially on the status of the victims.

Update: Shooter Myron May 'had financial problems' according to family friend

Good job on the coverage gatorboi117! Go Noles

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Is Jameis Winston involved? Wouldn't surprise many people.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Americans should be blessed that it is so easy to buy a gun. In situations like this one should be able to protect yourself. What am I saying..it doesn't make any sense at all. Caught in a loop?

Yeah, if only they made guns illegal like heroin or coc aine criminals would never be able to get them just like they can't get hard drugs...oh, wait.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The shooter was a Myron May, a graduate from FSU and an attorney.

His facebook reveals constant posts of Bible Verses. But, what is more interesting, is this post:

If you do what the picture says, it takes you to this website about victims of Electronic Stalking Mind Control (ESMC) activities.

The gives the following advise to victims of this ESMC:

Remember that the perpetrators of your ESMC are the criminals, not you.
Remain positive.
Resist depression.
Maintain your physical health.
Take vitamins and eat correct foods.
Be receptive to making new friends.
Do not engage private investigators.
Do not discuss your ESMC harassment with every friend, family member, and acquaintance.
Do NOT visit a psychiatrist.
Resist any effort on the part of law enforcement to make you submit to a psychiatric evaluation.

Know that mental incompetence cannot be proved by your words and actions alone
De-emphasize “self.”
Make special efforts to stay in contact with family members and friends, for the handlers concentrate on isolating you from society.
The handlers will cause problems with your computer and will intercept your emails to others and also those that come from others.
Record the handlers’ actions and your thoughts about them.
Be observant.
Remember precedents.
Thwart the efforts of the handlers and defy them.
Stay alert.
Work to change the narrow mindset of the medical community about ESMC.

There is much more advice there, I just took the first several points.

So now the conspiracy comes: was it mind control, or paranoia?

People who have found his facebook page are treating it VERY negatively, and leaving quite hateful comments.

It seems this man was dealing with some pretty severe mental anguish.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: RammerJammer
Is Jameis Winston involved? Wouldn't surprise many people.

Wow. This is really in poor taste. People were shot and seriously hurt and you bring up Jameis Winston?

S&F OP. Thanks for getting the info out.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

That's crazy! Idk what to think of that. Schizophrenic break maybe?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: zatara

Yeah, if only they made guns illegal like heroin or coc aine criminals would never be able to get them just like they can't get hard drugs...oh, wait.

I am just speechles because of this logic. Go check the number of people killed by a gun in the Netherlands.. And while you are at it .. and following your reasoning..check the amount of people kiled by a overdose of heroin/ cocaïne/ addicts too. Taliking about comparing apples with bananas

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I think he is pointing out that banning, laws against, do not stop things. There are laws against drugs but they are out there also.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I noted that he had lost three family members over the summer, it would seem. Not sure if that also stimulated his decline. It might have been enough of a stress where his med was upped and the paranoia kicked in. Lots of bible verses indeed. He was doing that for a long while so I don't think it was necessarily an indicator of his mental status as being a prosecutor for a DA kind of implies that you're sound of mind to maintain the position. Or he was really good at hiding it as he was very smart.

The bit about in another article that quoted a friend, Jones, as saying that Mays heard voices coming through the walls reminded me of another shooter from last year--the Navy Yard shooter, Aaron Alexis. Both viewed themselves as being targeted individuals.

www.foxnews.com...

Just was what popped in my mind as I read your post. I immediately recollected Alexis.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join