It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low energy/tiredness periods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Does anyone have the same?

During one or several weeks (usually) and sometimes even a month or more your energy level is just really low. It's hard to get much done because you feel a mental tiredness and you need a lot of time to recharge. Daily activities such as work, college whatever leave you drained in the evening and many other activities seem out of reach. For instance, I find it a waste that during many evenings, I'm simply too (mentally/physically) tired to really have fun with things I do at home even though I normally would. You have few activities during the weekends such as 1 or 2 concerts (at most) but not much more and activities that don't require much of you.

Sleep pattern may also be a bit messed up but sometimes it's just that the sleep seems perfect/fine, and a normal healthy rhythm, but you wake up tired and are completely drained in the evening.

I eat no junkfood, nor much candy or salty crisps or anything like that. I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits.

I was wondering, does anyone of you recognise this issue with ''tiredness periods'' and does anyone have some kind of advice? Because it's just not really good this way.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

What are you "tired" of doing?

Sometimes the things we do ago against our inner compass and we are tired not of work or relationships per se, but tired of fighting the inner voice that is telling us this "lifestyle" isn't for us.

Fighting with ourselves can result in exhaustion. I don't really know you aren't begin specific, just one possibility.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

There's any number of causes to this problem. Sleep Apnea....Depression....Chronic fatigue syndrome....Blood disorders....Autoimmune disease...etc.

I'd get a check up at the doctor...maybe get a sleep study, or some blood work.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I get that way when my salt goes too low. I know now to eat something salty and it goes away. When we started cooking real food and avoiding processed foods I started having this problem pretty often. My wife has no problem, she still eats potato chips and has one beer every night. She also has a coke every day. The combination is enough so she does not get low on salt. She used to complain about me salting my food till I showed her the numbers on the salt she was consuming that I don't. She still eats nearly twice the processed food that I do.

When your sodium levels goes too low, your insulin levels go up and this can deplete the available sugar from your body after a while. This can also make you constipated. But that is another thread.

This is but one possibility based on what you said in the OP. There could be many reasons for this.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Sounds a lot like adrenal fatigue. Im 41 and have a mild form of this. Basically your hormones get out of whack from stress and it causes all those symptoms.

There is a great book called "Adrenal Fatigue" by James L Wilson that explains the what and why and how to change habits and diet to help improve your adrenals.

It can happen to anyone of any age and is usually most noticeable following illness or infection.

Components of lifestyle that lead to AF:

Lack of sleep
poor food choices
using food to stimulate when tired
staying up late when fatigued
being constantly in a state of powerlessness
constantly driving yourself
trying to be perfect
lack of enjoyeable and rejuvenating activities

Sadly many Doctors don't even test for AF as they treat the symptoms typically with drugs and not the source of the issue.

If you go to the Doctor bring up Adrenal Fatigue and if they dont even know what it is, perhaps look for a Doctor that is aware and believes in natural remedies not pills!

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
A few links for adrenal fatigue info:

www.adrenalfatigue.org...

www.amazon.com...

Be sure to read the reviews.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Don't forget the possibility that you're sensitive to sunlight levels and it's winter coming on. I nearly want to hibernate once November hits and I don't really wake up until April.

Carbs make it worse, a high protein high fat diet mitigates it.

Research seasonal affective disorder or just get some light exposure every day, early in the mornings if possible. If you're stuck in a building under fluorescent lights a lot, it's not enough light and it's the wrong spectrum.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

OP Listen up

I know exactly what you are talking about, I've been there. I will tell you what's going on, WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DON'T FIX IT

You are Spent - Burned Out

Emotionally, physically, even spiritually.

If you don't fix it, your mind will begin to shut down, your brain will start to SHRINK, your future would include some sort of harmful addiction and if not suicide, definitely short life span lived in misery.

So what to do to fix it. If you go to western doctor and he gives you pills of any kind, you will only make things worse.

Here is how to fix it

Well believe it or not, you will have to sacrifice TV time, Internet time, and replace it with sleep.

You will have to improve your diet big time, if need be skip dinner to lose some weight, you have to get your self good quality multi vitamin complex (no not Centrum), you will need to buy yourself IODINE, and every 20 days take few drops of iodine, if you overdo on it, you will screw yourself, but you absolutely need few drops every 20 days

You will need a good vitamin D supplement, a vit B complex supplement.

You will need to take all this OFF and ON, so you take it for 10 days, then you stop for 15 days, then you take it again.

You will need to sacrifice friends and relationships that are pulling you down, in your gut you will know who those bastards are that are not worth your time.

You will have to sacrifice late night crap, and replace it with sleep, and you need to lay off the Wi-Fi, unplug the routers when you are going to bed.

If you have control of SMART meter near you, make a small wire mesh and put it on smart meter facing your house/room/ whatever

It will decrease it 90 %, just youtube it, don't believe the need to ground it, that's crap, wire mesh serves as a mirror for RFs

You have to stop drinking coffee and any other kinds of hard core stimulants, stop drinking alcohol too, don't give me crap that it can't be done, I DID IT

If you don't take care of yourself, you are finished.....

I honestly think that most people in the west who have bought into western kind of "norms" are screwed.

PS: replace your toothpaste with a non floride one, or brush with sodium bicarbonate
edit on 16-11-2014 by WineWithIce5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

It could be a vitamin B deficiency-that's been linked to lethargy and decreased energy levels.

Do you eat bananas? they have plenty of B vitamins in them and many sportsmen will swear by them.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

It could be a vitamin B deficiency-that's been linked to lethargy and decreased energy levels.

Do you eat bananas? they have plenty of B vitamins in them and many sportsmen will swear by them.

Bananas help build testosterone so I am sure sportsmen would like them. A better choice may be foods containing ample betaine. ajcn.nutrition.org... Now if you scroll down to preformance in this link it will explain a little about what I say. Boil your spinach though. It still contributes to gaba if cooked yet some of the negative effects go away.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Yes, Pitou, yes! It happens to me, and I loathe it. I have tried to figure it out. There is one correlation I have discovered, and I stress the word correlation because I don't presume to know the mysteries of the universe, but here goes:

When I feel the way you described, inevitably I find out we've had a solar flare. I KNOW that sounds nuts. But our brains, operating via electro-chemical signals, I honestly don't think its out of the realm of possibility that some could be more sensitive to such as this. (Also, the bombardment of 'artificial' signals - cell towers, wireless Internet, satellite TV, etc- I've contemplated that as another source of the symptoms.) On occasions that I've been cut off from all that - way out in nature camping for a few days- I have felt like a new person, clear-headed, energized, a kind of 'peaceful energy.' And upon returning to civilization, I can nearly feel the mind-numbing bombardment of signals just driving in.

But seriously, the next time you feel the way you describe, check to see if the sun has just burped a flare. I am interested to see if anyone else detects a correlation.

P.S... Just wanted to add: I have discovered that 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda mixed in a glass of water gives me a huge boost-- the Internet says it oxygenates the blood. So it must be true (haha) ...but seriously, it is a safe but instantaneous boost to my energy and clarity of thought. Not sure if it has any possible connection to counteracting my implied sensitivity to electromagnetic signals. Anybody? To further speculate... the last time my car battery got replaced, the guy mentioned pouring baking soda water over it occasionally to keep the connections clean. Could the effects of drinking it also keep my neural connections 'clean' or act as a buffer against the bombardment of man-made signal interference?

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The ebb and normal flow of cycling hormonal balances. Also...read up on the body's Kircadian rythmn.

You can learn to offset these periods to lesson there fix on u.
edit on 07-31-2014 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The symptoms to describe are very similar to what happens to me occasionally. I have 6 different meds I take, because I had a heart attack back in Dec, 2010. One of those prescriptions is D3. Sometimes I run out of D3 because I buy it OTC. When I run out of D3 those symptoms you describe are what happens to me.
People that get outside a lot do not have to worry about vitamin D. But I do not get outside enough so I have to take D3 2000 units every day.
Have your family physician do lab work to check out your chemical balance, to be sure what is wrong. But for me the answer was D3 2000 units fixed the problem.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bhornbuckle75

Yes, I guess so... it feels a bit silly though, I mean, physicians must have these patients all the time, all these vague symptoms/complaints
Ah well, perhaps it's strong in a way to actually dismiss such pointless reasoning.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

If it'd be something like that, that'd be really simple and great.
Good you found that out in your case, and yes, sometimes it can be such simple seemingly silly things.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

Good ideas actually, thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

I can sense that there was a solar flare sometimes too. I figured this out by looking at spaceweather every day about a year and a half ago. I also feel strange when there is a quake in different areas of the world. Basically north and south of my location up to about five degrees variance. If there is one in some parts of south America, I get sort of antsy

Other than that, I can tell if a storm is coming, I sort of get a strange feeling but sometimes it is just a major front coming in that changes the barametric pressure, so it isn't very accurate for storms.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

For anyone looking to increase their energy levels I would recommend checking out this site: Realm Dynamics
A couple of the products specifically are great for having more energy throughout your day such as Megahydrate and especially the Jing Builder for males. These products work best in combination with some kind of exercise or spiritual practice such as yoga, meditation, regular workouts, etc. You might even need to look into doing a colon cleanse to clear the body of any residual toxins that may be slowing you down. Let me know what you think, the site has an immense level of resources alone and is known for assisting individual with activation of their potential to function at a higher level.

Wholeness

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
A demanding day may deplete your muscles of fuel, and induce enough wear and tear so that natural tiredness follows. Such fatigue is normal and why we need to sleep. Even pushing it day after day and cutting sleep short may not be a thyroid problem. However, such a poor lifestyle does push your system, and you may eventually develop a thyroid problem as a result. Getting less than seven hours of sleep per night is asking for trouble.

new topics

top topics

join