It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened When She Questioned Obamacare on the Air at CNBC?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The problem here is that we trust our representatives to keep this from happening, read the bill and tell us the truth about it.

Point being, when politicians are bought and sold like used cars there is no "checks and balances " the government for the people is a sham, there all the same.

We can thank the people that installed Obama for one thing, showing us the truth about how it really is. All that's left is to wait for the end game, will it be Obama or Hillary that brings it all down.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: sheepslayer247

They are her own words.........

Im not sure how much more proof you need then that

Do you believe everything you are told by a MSM talking head?

So much for objectivity..........

Do you Disbelieve just because of the news source?

Why is it so hard to believe that she was threatened while on a liberal news agency, for criticizing a liberal political bill?

I disbelieve all news sources. I do not take one for granted over the other because they confirm my personal bias.

It's hard to believe because it's Fox.....nuff said.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Well I am happy to say that many here on ATS were doing the math back then and were not part of the "stupid american" condition. lol

In truth, this guy Gruber flatters himself that he is some sort of master trickster. Not a single republican in the house voted for this crap. Gruber should understand that they were just able to cram it through and only fooled the stupid democrats that voted for it.

What's really funny is how stupid people are to think that the Republicans didn't support this. They did as it was a Republican creation initially created by the Heritage Foundation and implemented by Romney in Mass.

The only reason they didn;t vote for it is because the Democrats tried to pass it..and did. Don't think for a second that this wouldn't have been voted for unanimously by the Republicans if it was their bill. And then all the Republican sheeple would support it....because not once was the math of it all a concern. It was about who got credit for it's passing congress.

Na what Mitt did or dint do in Mass was not a national platform. Mitt was suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.

Did anyone look at Mass election results? 5 house seats and 4 ran unopposed. 1 republican ran in district 3 against an incumbent Dem and got smashed.

Any GD republican that can get elected as governor in a state like that cant be a republican whatever they call themselves. And the rest of us don't give a crap what he did over there.

But yes lets deflect from Goober, Obama and all the House and Senate dopes that voted this in and Blame it on the GQ republican male model/Ken doll over in Liberal la la land.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Well I am happy to say that many here on ATS were doing the math back then and were not part of the "stupid american" condition. lol

In truth, this guy Gruber flatters himself that he is some sort of master trickster. Not a single republican in the house voted for this crap. Gruber should understand that they were just able to cram it through and only fooled the stupid democrats that voted for it.

What's really funny is how stupid people are to think that the Republicans didn't support this. They did as it was a Republican creation initially created by the Heritage Foundation and implemented by Romney in Mass.

The only reason they didn;t vote for it is because the Democrats tried to pass it..and did. Don't think for a second that this wouldn't have been voted for unanimously by the Republicans if it was their bill. And then all the Republican sheeple would support it....because not once was the math of it all a concern. It was about who got credit for it's passing congress.

Oh, the Dems OWN this one. Not a single Republican voted for it.

And if you don't remember, they tried to have the bill posted for 72 hours and Pelosi blocked it?

Talk about wiping Americans faces in their game.

Pelosi Breaks Pledge to Put Final Health Care Bill Online for 72 Hours Before Vote
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=
www.youtube.com...

And who can forget the Energy and Climate Change Bill Speed reader incident. Slap in the face.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I'm sorry, not going to debate with revisionist history but:

In 2007, a year after the Massachusetts reform, Republican Senator Bob Bennett and Democratic Senator Ron Wyden introduced the Healthy Americans Act, which also featured an individual mandate and state-based regulated insurance markets called "State Health Help Agencies". The bill initially attracted bipartisan support but died in committee. Many of the sponsors and co-sponsors remained in Congress during the 2008 healthcare debate.

By 2008 many Democrats were considering using this approach as the basis for healthcare reform. Experts have said that the legislation that eventually emerged from Congress in 2009 and 2010 bears many similarities to the 2007 bill and that it was deliberately patterned after Romney's state healthcare plan.

And for those who have absolutely forgotten what actually happened in the creation of this law:

To reach 60 votes, negotiations were undertaken to satisfy the demands of moderate Democrats, and to try to bring several Republican senators aboard; particular attention was given to Bob Bennett, Mike Enzi, Chuck Grassley, and Olympia Snowe. Negotiations continued even after July 7 — when Franken was sworn into office, and by which time Specter had switched parties — due to disagreements over the substance of the bill, which was still being drafted in committee, and because moderate Democrats hoped to win bipartisan support. Then, on August 25, before the bill could come up for a vote, Ted Kennedy—a longtime healthcare reform advocate—died, depriving Democrats of their 60th vote. Before Kennedy's seat was filled, attention was drawn to Snowe because of her vote in favor of the draft bill in the Finance Committee on October 15, but she explicitly stated that this did not mean she would support the final bill.

So, to summarize, one of the crucial negatives elements of the ACA, the individual mandate over a single-payer option, was put in place in the hopes of winning bipartisan support as it clearly reflects Republican policy in which no one gets a "free ride." Republicans worked with Democrats in committee to draft the bill, and then, refused to support the bill they had helped adopt.

Republican Senators, including those who had supported previous bills with a similar mandate, began to describe the mandate as "unconstitutional." Journalist Ezra Klein wrote in The New Yorker that "the end result was ... a policy that once enjoyed broad support within the Republican Party suddenly faced unified opposition." Reporter Michael Cooper of The New York Times wrote that: "It can be difficult to remember now, given the ferocity with which many Republicans assail it as an attack on freedom, but the provision in President Obama's healthcare law requiring all Americans to buy health insurance has its roots in conservative thinking."

When opponents of the ACA love to tout that a majority of Americans don't like the law, it is PRECISELY because single-payer got replaced with the individual mandate in a foolish attempt to appease and work with Republicans.

Quotes sourced from "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" - Wikipedia
edit on 11Sun, 16 Nov 2014 11:10:46 -060014p1120141166 by Gryphon66 because: source noted

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

They do it when the wrong party is in power.

But at last count 70% of journalists self-identified as Democrat. You might begin to see the problem.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

There is a statistic that says that 70% of "journalists" at Fox News Channel are Democrats?

Wow, that is surprising.

How about at Fox Business Channel, The Daily Caller, The Blaze, Breitbart, Redstate? They're all 70% Democrat as well?

Every day is literally a surprise.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yes, the Dems did put this law in to effect.

The point was that anyone that believes the Republicans were against this sort of legislation is either stupid or blinded by their political allegiance.

The Democrats took a Republican idea and put it forth thinking it would be agreed upon because the Republicans crafted this sort of healthcare system and supported it in the past. But since the Democrats brought it to congress....they are now against it.

Isn't that convenient?

Isn't it also convenient that they have been able to dupe the Republican base? They have done a good job. Anytime it is pointed out that Republicans created this sort of healthcare system and paved the way for Obamacare....they plug their ears and say "la la la I cant hear you".

For those of us that sit back and watch this Left-Right insanity, it's amazing to see how people will say damn near anything to support their team and defend them even when they are completely wrong.

This debate is completely asinine and I've come to the conclusion that the Democrats seem to be pansies.....and the Republicans are brainwashed fools.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

“I said on the air that you couldn’t add millions of people to the system and force insurance companies to cover their pre-existing conditions without raising the price on everyone else,” she continued. “I pointed out that it couldn’t possibly be true that if you like your plan, you can keep it. That was a lie. And in fact, millions of people had their plans canceled.”

After making the comments, Francis said she was called into a meeting by management and told he was “disrespecting the office of the president.”

S&F for an important piece. If anyone was wondering whether or not we live in a free state....

I've repeated it over & over here. Obamacare is NOT about improving our healthcare. It's about control -- a sudden, massive expansion of centralized Federal power & control over the masses and a huge tax hike on the middle class.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wow! It's completely unbelievable that anyone would think that the OBAMADON"TCARE act is good for anyone.
It's a total and complete disaster.

If you can't see that then there is no hope for you. You're nothing but a leach give me give me give me waaaaa take care of me i can't take care of my self. Please tell me what to do.

God I can hardly believe this is America.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: nomadone407
Wow! It's completely unbelievable that anyone would think that the OBAMADON"TCARE act is good for anyone.
It's a total and complete disaster.

If you can't see that then there is no hope for you. You're nothing but a leach give me give me give me waaaaa take care of me i can't take care of my self. Please tell me what to do.

God I can hardly believe this is America.

Why is it unbelievable? You can't believe that people have opinions that are different from yours?

Millions of people now insured, 10s of millions now insured that were disqualified with insurance industry tricks, how is that a complete disaster?

What's disastrous about it?

What does anything with the ACA have to to with being "nothing but a leach [sic] give me give me waaaa ... "?

Can you provide specifics? Obviously you're trying to make a reference to the typical partisan cant about welfare state/nanny state, etc. but can you give any specific examples with backup of what you're talking about?

Thank you kindly.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons
a reply to: Metallicus it clearly shows that our government is controlling the press.

It's been going on a while.
Rick Sanchez did a segment on it exposing his own network, but I can't find it on the net.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
Respect is a 2 way street

Wow, just the other day I said, "Disrespect is a 2 way street."
What better place than here?
What better time than now?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Unfortunately that is quite common actually and if you believe John Swinton it has been like that for quite some time.

en.wikiquote.org...

Did it never occur to you why there are lots of news outlets that pretty much only cover the view of one party, while other views or even certain topics are barely or never touched? If reporters want to write about somethig that is against the policy, they can look for another job.

This whole "the free press is the watchdog for the people" is wishful thinking at best.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

I was only able to watch part of the video, but I didn't hear her say that she was silenced....only that she was told she was "disrespecting the office of the president". Do you have a time on the video in which she says that?

Also, perhaps the reason the other networks have not covered the Gruber issue is because it's a non-issue. He was not an architect of Obamacare. He was a consultant.

This entire Gruber issue is just another propaganda ploy by the right to blow things out of proportion after Pelosi's little deflection at the press conference.

Side note: It's hilarious that this news woman took the opportunity to say that Fox News is the only station keeping people informed.....yet Fox News is known for slinging lies and misinformation. They are the greasy spoon of news entertainment.

"I was only able to watch part of the video......" you probably should have stopped there...

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bekindtoyurbuds

I was only able to watch part of the video, but I didn't hear her say that she was silenced....only that she was told she was "disrespecting the office of the president". Do you have a time on the video in which she says that?

Also, perhaps the reason the other networks have not covered the Gruber issue is because it's a non-issue. He was not an architect of Obamacare. He was a consultant.

This entire Gruber issue is just another propaganda ploy by the right to blow things out of proportion after Pelosi's little deflection at the press conference.

Side note: It's hilarious that this news woman took the opportunity to say that Fox News is the only station keeping people informed.....yet Fox News is known for slinging lies and misinformation. They are the greasy spoon of news entertainment.

"I was only able to watch part of the video......" you probably should have stopped there...

Why's that? Do you disagree with my comment and have nothing more intelligent to add than a quick, irrelevant post?

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just another example of why voting is a sham. So basically from the comments so far in this thread, it didn't matter what party got office. This turd healthcare plan would've been passed regardless. Just goes to show that these politicians are all for themselves. I say we line them all up and hang them one at a time for treason. The only way things are gonna change is a revolution at this point. Not even a third party candidate winning the election could fix this level of corruption.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
The bigger problem for the Democrats and in my opinion CNBC, (which is pretty much on the side of the Democrats), is that Obama care is sinking the Democrat party.

edit on 17-11-2014 by warren408 because: run on sentence

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
For me, the loss of reasonably objective media is the most damaging legacy of the Obama administration. What happened to the Woodwards and Bernsteins who worked to flush out dishonesty and corruption? Today's media acts to protect corrupt leadership and chooses to ignore "bad math" of Obamacare, Fast and Furious scandal, IRS scandal, drone assassinations--all far worse than anything Nixon did.

If either Bush would have been involved in a single one of these corrupt activities, the media would have been all over it.

I really didn't like Bush, but Obama is way worse. As a former democrat, I can't imagine the dems recovering from Obama's incompetence and arrogance for a long time.

posted on Nov, 17 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Pretty sure that those who did vote for it were 'compensated' quite handsomely. Kinda like how the Republicans get a nice fat check for their support of the oil industry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join