It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens? Mysteries of the Salamanca Cathedral Astronaut Carving Revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
If this is the wrong forum mod's please move. Did a search could not find any other thread on this subject.

The universe is full of mysteries that challenge our current knowledge. In "Beyond Science" Epoch Times collects stories about these strange phenomena to stimulate the imagination and open up previously undreamed of possibilities. Are they true? You decide.

I cam across this ,this morning and all I can say is WOW! If this is a hoax it's a good one.

It’s on the New Cathedral’s entrance that the astronaut appears, running laterally, parallel to the entrance. He sits perched on a stalk complete with boots, helmet, and what appears to be a breathing apparatus on his chest with tubes stretching to a pack on the rear of his suit. He is grasping with his right hand what appears to be a vine acting as a harness of sorts running across his waist. His left hand is grasping a nearby leaf for support. His face reflects a rather bewildered expression.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Do you feel it wasn't carved during it's 1992 restoration? There's also a dragon eating an ice cream cone that was done during the same restoration.

www.atlasobscura.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

I think this is one that was disproven, it was apparently a later sculpture added after the moon landings, actually during renovation work in 1992 according to this site www.hoax-slayer.com...
I wish it was a mystery.
Then again this is not a hoax despite various long term claims to the contrary.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
SO there is still mystery to be solved.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Very Interesting, Thank you!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Ice cream didnt exist back during the Dragon Age: Inquisition though. Ice cream is alien technology.

Notice how ice cream consumption skyrockets after 1947!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

I'd like to some day see good quality HD images of that artifact from multiple angles. I'd like to see if there are other signs of missing/broken pieces other than the supposed missing Astronaut head. If Wings were broken off it would make the object that much more intriguing than it already is.

I have a hard time imagining Alien visitors [ancient or not] traversing the universe in a older NASA style Gemini type capsule.

edit on 15-11-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I cam across this ,this morning and all I can say is WOW! If this is a hoax it's a good one

Where are you seeing a hoax?

What is being hoaxed?

Did you read all of your source?

But, how could this be? Astronauts didn’t exist when the cathedral was constructed. It would appear that the carving is actually part of restoration that was done to the cathedral in 1992. At that time, the “Puerta de Ramos” (this is the name of the New Cathedral’s entrance) had seen significant damage over the past few centuries.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Do you feel it wasn't carved during it's 1992 restoration? There's also a dragon eating an ice cream cone that was done during the same restoration.

Heres a photo before restoration. Looks like an old astronaut to me.

I mean not an alien but a before the now pic of an old carving of a future event (spacemen) that someone saw before their time.

That which is, is not and yet, is.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hasn't someone debunked this already? I seem to remember a thread about it somewhere. The carved image is accurately representing the moon walk astronauts in their suits. Down to the chest pack and tread on their moon boots…

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

Ice cream didnt exist back during the Dragon Age: Inquisition though. Ice cream is alien technology.

Notice how ice cream consumption skyrockets after 1947!

I suppose the astronaut left his mini fridge behind and it was reverse engineered. Thank you for the ice cream preservation technology spaceman... I wish he had a better photo of you than the Firth one!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Could his arm be the 1992 restoration cos its looks badly done to the rest.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The odd thing is they never depict this thing pointy end up do they? What does it look like then?

I suppose it is important at this point to mention that Hittite artifacts have been found in Istanbul

www.hurriyetdailynews.com...

It's my opinion we are viewing a depiction of Gilgamesh if it is oriented properly... here is a depiction of Gilgamesh on a Hittite artifact.

Notice anything? The top part is too similar in design and appearance to the "rocket" be a coincidence but it being Gilgamesh and not a rocket requires zero leaps of the imagination and is thus way more likely to be Gilgamesh. Sorry.

Here's a few more depictions:

I suppose the problem is pointy hats certainly look like a rocket if you don't think pointy hat... but thinking about which one actually existed at the time sort of helps.
edit on 15-11-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: add photos etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
There's more than one restoration, 1992 had some additions to reflect history. After it was vandalised around 2010 they added the astronauts new arm and such.

No time warp required!

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Gilgamesh was Urukian (Sumerian) though, and Hatti was an indoeuropean empire. In several documented treaties they invoke Indra and other Aryan deities. I dont think they would have depicted Gilgamesh. He was a deified mesopotamian Lugal

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: intrptr
There's more than one restoration, 1992 had some additions to reflect history. After it was vandalised around 2010 they added the astronauts new arm and such.

No time warp required!

Thank you, I went looking for the before and after photo images of the restoration and couldn't find any. But I'm from a land before internet so I'm kinda warped…

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's not a hoax, it was added by Jeronimo Garcia with approval. Might be a bit confusing in a thousand years though.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Actually I think wing's would be appropriate and may have once graced this piece, it is far from alone as you know and I tend rather to think that there may have been a previous civilization, there is a distinct lack of definitive evidence though but as the old saying goes lack of evidence is not evidence against and anyway why could it not have been on mars rather than the earth.
But I do think intelligent life may have learned to travel the stars but then again the earth is a needle in a very, very, very large haystack so if they ever visited us or indeed do today then they must have a purpose, of course these leave out interdimensional travellers and even time travel as potential visitation sources.

edit on 15-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Problem is everyone was in a large competition in those days for followers. You can read about such competitions among Greek gods as well the temples were always trying to out do each other and become the most popular... and well Gilgamesh might as well been the most famous epic of the day, and well everyone wanted a piece of that. The Gilgamesh epic is carried and borrowed in many cultures, and the Hitties were not immune to his charm. The Bible isn't either but they call him Noah in their version of the tale.

The more things change the more they stay the same eh?

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

Very clever answer, wrong part of the ancient world though and I actually think your mural of gilgamesh looks very unlike a man but is disjoined and tree like and much more like a depiction of something ascending with a ladder or tree of flames beneath it. the animals that form this tree are probably a reference to the noah like flood story form the epic.

Among other passages the tale tells of gilgamesh seeing the earth from above as he is taken up into the heavens, the Ancient sumerian god's came in vessels or vehicles called Mu or Shem that were tall with flames that flew from them, sounds a bit like that hat you are on about does it not.

Read this page for some enlightening observations of the ancient text's.
www.ufoevidence.org...

Most images of gilgamesh do not show a pointy hat though of course many do www.qacps.k12.md.us...

What if the hat a status symbol or even symbol of deification is actually reference to something else (A Shem or a Mu), what if indeed the pointy hats were a take on the Shem or Mu of there god's they later portrayed in this way above them or as a crown, perhaps it was seen as a symbol of there deification much like the sun disc for the egyptian deity's was.

Also note that the helmet or hat has wing's, interesting.

edit on 15-11-2014 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The Hittites worshipped more personified elements and concepts (like wisdom) as other indoeuropean groups did, with some directly taken such as Tarhunt and the serpent... and while some archaeologists see some mesopotamian influence I dont think its any stronger than the general influence on *all* cultures... the Hittites had a degree of separation

Back on the topic though I dont think its a man in a hat, just because what would form the body looks too odd. Though pointy hats (like the Phrygian cap made famous by Mithras) are well documented.

By the way Noah is not equivalent to Gilgamesh, but to Utnapishtim

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join