It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained explosion sound in Pennsylvania

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am wondering if any experts on here might have some insight regarding an unexplained explosion sound.

Residents in the Lehigh Valley, PA area reported a sound like an explosion. Some felt some kind of impact or shaking, such as windows, doors, even homes shaking.
At the same time, satellite TV in the area went out and some people reported trouble with cell phones.

USGS reported no significant activity.
The power company did not find any blown transformers.
There was no blasting from construction in the area.
The weather service says there was no thunder.

This was yesterday, 11/13/2014.
I thought it might have been explained by today - but nothing so far.

Mysterious Allentown area explosion sound is not many things, but what it was remains a question

People posted on Facebook:
www.facebook.com...

I heard of a nearby area that also heard a similar unexplained explosion about a month ago.

Does anyone have any theories to solve this mystery?
edit on 11/14/14 by BlueAjah because: added dates

Adding another link from the 11/13:
www.lehighvalleylive.com...-rpt-2
edit on 11/14/14 by BlueAjah because: another link

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If multiple people heard it then its real and the source is being covered by TPB. Maybe an infrastructure problem with underground natural gas pipe lines or fuel, whatever. Could also be a military demolition of older ordnance…

Naturally occurring big explosions are usually associated with volcanic activity and what else besides comet impacts or (ahem) alien underground warfare?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Lehigh Valley and Bucks County are known for heavy UFO activities. Lots of sightings. I don't know if that is related to the sounds or not but I thought it should be noted.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I felt the one last month. It was like an earthquake tremor.
I have no idea what it was. PA is strange.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That crossed my mind.

Maybe this is not the correct forum for this thread?

Actually, the same day as the report last month, there were reports of a UFO sighting by some hikers in the woods nearby.
I'll have to see if there are still any links out there about that.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm living here in the lehigh valley and heard it on the news. Didn't hear anything myself. Will try and check my local news later. The ugi gas company has been redoing gas lines all over since explosion a year or so ago. Any info would be posted on wfmz news website.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 11/14/2014 by mugger because: Double

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Nothing to report over on the west side of the state.
Except what looks like more military aircraft around sunset.. since the beginning of August.
Lots of fireballs since then too.

But that's here in south west Pa. The aircraft have been flying east to west.
And the majority of Meteor/Fireballs have been north looking towards Erie Pa..

But no tremors or explosions to report... sorry.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Just looked up what Fracking activity is being undertaken near Allentown.

It looks like there's an awful lot going on in Pa, maybe that's the cause?
edit on 14/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Another thing to make note of ... there is a fault line that runs down the Delaware river and goes right by Lehigh and Bucks counties. We've had two earthquakes here from the fault line doing a shake on it. There could be underground activity from the fault line.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

We had a few lightening strikes where I live during yesterdays heavy snowfall. They sounded a lot like explosions at the time.

Falling snow changes the sound of thunder. Was it snowing there at the time?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Last month it was sunny and warm when I heard and felt the booms. Two separate occasions over two days. No one was blowing anything up. We have some hillbilly types that blow up trees from time to time and this wasn't it. I checked the usgs on those days because it felt like an earthquake.

I'm in Chester County near Delaware and Maryland.
edit on 14-11-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

The weather service says there was no snow thunder last night.

There was some light snow.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Was that on October 11, between 11 and 11:30 PM? Neighbors were all turning on lights, looking outside, so many heard it.
It sounded like a major explosion and things shook that night, but nothing was on the news about it.

It was clear and warm Oct. 11.

I had checked news and weather and USGS that time, but nothing was coming up.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Another thing to make note of ... there is a fault line that runs down the Delaware river and goes right by Lehigh and Bucks counties. We've had two earthquakes here from the fault line doing a shake on it. There could be underground activity from the fault line.

The Ramapo fault
It seems it may connect to the New Madrid

njmonthly.com...

but if you look there is no EQ activity in that area. Lots of activity around the Humboldt fault in Oklahoma. This is for the last week:

Strange things afoot...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: phoenix9884

That's due to all of the fracking in Oklahoma. Mother Nature is pissed.
no fracking around here.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

That's due to all of the fracking in Oklahoma. Mother Nature is pissed.
no fracking around here.

That may be but in this thread there's a map overlay of the fracking and the EQ's and they don't match up. I'm working on something. It's taking a while but I promise it'll be worth it.

*edit
Might be this thread they're both essentially the same topic.)
edit on 14-11-2014 by phoenix9884 because: I love editing. It completes me.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

My satellite TV had no signal last night. No explanation for that. It was snowing, but that never interrupted my signal before. I am in Reading, PA.
edit on b000000302014-11-14T12:59:59-06:0012America/ChicagoFri, 14 Nov 2014 12:59:59 -06001200000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

To be honest, I don't remember the day. But it occurred during the day. We are under a really active air corridor. Even when I lived just outside of the perimeter in the ATL we never had air traffic like this and it's the world's busiest airport. Not much military traffic so I doubt sonic boom.

It happened for a couple of days, but then stopped. Now it looks like it's headed north. It's weird because I've been in several earthquakes, couldn't move to California because of them, and this was just like about a 3-4 on the Richter scale. The windows shook, a low persistent rumble. No large trucks in the area either. I exhausted all explanations because it happened four times over two days. I was a little vague in my last post, but it happened twice each day for two days.
We have shooting ranges nearby so I'm used to hearing weapon fire of all kinds and the hillbillies like to blow stuff up, but you can see the smoke and smell the gunpowder when they do.

It's just some of that Pennsylvania high strangeness...moved here almost three years ago and never realized it was so...unique.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Huh? Thanks for the information. Looking forward to your research when you are happy with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join