It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your mundane superpower, I think we all have one?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Real super hero's can fly and shoot beams out of there eyes but what about us normal folks?

I think everybody has a mundane super power, something that is almost useless but non the less a rare ability that we are secretly proud of. I have two.

The first mundane super power is that I always know what time it is, I never wear a watch or carry a phone but I am never normally more than 2 minutes out ever. It's not the kind of thing that deserves a costume or super hero name but it's a talent none the less.

The other one is even more useless. I can make soup without a recipe or measurements and regardless of if it is for 2 or 20 I always make exactly the right amount to fill the bowls to just the right level with none to spare.

A friend of mine could be called "Don't need an alarm clock Man" He can do that thing where if he needs to wake up at 7.20 he just does????

My Grandma's husband had the same power but he needed to bang his head on the pillow 7 times to wake up at 7 oclock.

So whats your secret super power that has little or no real use but still makes you proud?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I actually can shoot beams out of my eyes...

Just ask my hubby anytime I've been royally pissed at him.

He and the cat run for their lives in a state of self-preservation.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

He can do that thing where if he needs to wake up at 7.20 he just does????

I am also able to Do this.

But my true superpower?

Even when my wife has her worst Days, I can get a smile or a giggle from her.

It's tough but someone has to...

Peace

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know a couple of ladies that can do that.

My eight year old son has the ability to quite literally disapear, It is most effective just before his bedroom is due to be cleaned.

a reply to: CranialSponge

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I can smell bovine excrement when a certain 'brand-name' people begin to speak.
no matter if they are in my face or on the internet, or a friendly meteorologist.

...(all the excrement being spewed) is what's causing global warming, if anything...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Actually thinking about it I have the ability to tell when a politician is lying.

Not really a super power I just look at there face and if there mouth is moving up and down and words are coming out of it then....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
well I guess mine would be my super wenis...that piece of skin on your elbow lol My friends would always tell me to show them my wenis, I don't even know if that is the proper term for it but thats what we use to call it.
edit on 11-11-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

Oh and I can clap really loud...just call me the clap man

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shepard64
well I guess mine would be my super wenis...that piece of skin on your elbow lol My friends would always tell me to show them my wenis, I don't even know if that is the proper term for it but thats what we use to call it.

I think that needs some more in depth explanation?

What does the Wenis do, I am guessing that it can.... actually I can't I was going to say you could make it bigger or it stretches but now I just don't know...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
My power must be summoning large, unforgiving bowel movements when I have to travel long distances and don't have time to stop...

Well, that, and being able to tell you the paint code by looking at a car 90%of the time.
edit on 11-11-2014 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
That is not so much a super power as a trait you had as a child that you have not forgotten.

Do you also ask the question "are we there yet?"

a reply to: Aldakoopa

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
That is not so much a super power as a trait you had as a child that you have not forgotten.

Do you also ask the question "are we there yet?"

a reply to: Aldakoopa

No I don't, but I do moan in agony on the interstate until there's an exit or a rest stop.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

ahah ya I guess I should have explained it more, it can stretch, really far.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What are we talking here, double? triple? more.

In true ats fashion i call "pics or it diddn't happen..."

a reply to: Shepard64

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I can create carbage out of nowhere and produce very loud and smelly farts

Plus I can get unlimited amount of free throws in, when I'm throwing basketball
and no-one is watching.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Can you also throw things into a bin with unimaginable aim whilst on your own but as soon as someone is watching you throw like your 15 beers into a 20 beer session?

a reply to: Starpilot80

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Well, I have had many nicknames since I have been born, but when I was eighteen I acquired one from a group of metal head folks I used to associate with, and that nickname was The Ghost. The reasons for this naming are two fold. One, I was always very quiet of foot, so much so that even to this day (and by that I specifically mean to imply that I have put on a few pounds
), I still manage to accidentally scare the living hell out of folk by not having noisy enough footfalls. My best friend, my mother, my sister, my brother in law, folk with whom I have long standing associations (and therefore, folk you would assume would have gotten used to it by now), are forever jumping out of their skins, not having heard me approach, or enter the house, or whatever.

The other reason I used to be called The Ghost, is because when I used to be in town every day of the week, hanging around, looking for work, and generally bumbling around, I used to be able to move through a crowd, without those who might wish to greet me noticing my presence until I was virtually in front of them, this despite my habit, which still exists today, to wear a bloody great big black trenchcoat, and my possessing a fairly unique countenance, certainly unique by comparison with many folk in my locality.

You would have thought that at twelve noon, when the sun shines fully on a town centre, a five foot, ten/eleven inch tall slab of animate shadow would be easy to spot! Hence the name

So stealth and near invisibility in a crowd. Those would be my main ones I would have thought.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Can you also throw things into a bin with unimaginable aim whilst on your own but as soon as someone is watching you throw like your 15 beers into a 20 beer session?

I'm deadly at ten feet or less with flicking a beer bottle cap by snapping my fingers.

Decades, I say, decades of experience...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have a freind with a similar talent, He is about 6 foot 4 and the better part of 18 stone yet he can still appear out of nowhere and whisper " good afternoon" in your ear.

It never fails to freak the whatever out of me as a man of that size should not be able to do anything but blunder up all guns blazing.

I agree that stealth is a super power but not one restricted to the wiley.

a reply to: TrueBrit

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Mine I guess would be that I can stand in a room of people and still manage to scare them when I say something..basically I'm "invisible" to most people until I announce my presence lol..I tend to unfortunately make my one roommate jump out of her skin whenever she suddenly realizes I was standing in the same room as her and often mentions I'm too quiet lol
edit on 11-11-2014 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3 >>

join