It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 Travelers in Iowa being monitored for Ebola

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

The Iowa Department of Public Health said Thursday that 13 travelers who were in West African countries are being monitored in Iowa for Ebola. The travelers were in Sierra Leone, Liberia or Guinea in the last 21 days and are now in Iowa.

Twelve had low risk of having been exposed to Ebola in those countries health officials said, so they are being allowed to resume normal activities.

One person had some risk of being exposed to Ebola, and has been quarantined. The person was told to stay at home and take their temperature twice daily, including at least once with a public health official observing.

Source

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm not sold Ebola is even real.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

I just coughed twice. I think I have the Ebola.

I was Skyping with a black woman in Liberia who looked pale (?) and feverish who wants to dismantle ISIS.

She sneezed on her screen twice and now I think I have it. I told her to do that on an ISIS member. She laughed and said that it just might work. Scare them into thinking they have the Ebola. If it works on Americans it can work on those thugs over there.

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than catching the Ebola.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I still think it's important to report on suspected cases because the gov't is trying to silence those who would report on them. Alex Jones is right.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Ever since Obummer hired that Ebola czar, the stories about possible infectious people on the MSM have been relegated to little side stories.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Alex Jones has never been right about anything. No one is trying to silence doctor's. It's a bunch of crap. And do we need yet another thread about "potential" Ebola cases? Not even sick people?
It's unnecessary to report every person who comes to the states who's been to west Africa. Report on actual cases or even cases where someone is actually sick but this? This is just nonsense. We don't need to know every person who traveled to or came from west Africa. It's getting so every nobody blogger is jumping on the Ebola band wagon to get clicks. Not saying that's you Dianajune. But don't feed them either.
reply to: dianajune

edit on AMu30u11114502302014-11-08T11:02:53-06:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Yeah sure they have.
Perhaps because there have been no cases to report? This epidemic started almost a year ago but there were no stories of any cases or reports of travelers to or from west Africa before Dr. Brantley was brought home for treatment. There were no cases of the disease in our country at all until Eric Duncan brought his sorry sick exposed self to Dallas in hopes of recovery . There have been two cases brought here by hosts and two that were secondary to one of those hosts.yet we've got Ebola fever. It's in every elevator in every bowling alley on every plain train or automobile.
How about reports from West Africa? How about reports of children getting sick or children left as orphans because their parents got sick? How about interviews with doctors and nurses in the field where this is all too real? Oh that's a little too grimy for us huh?
It's much easier to speculate about a non issue here than deal with the filthy truth that is Ebola in Seirria Leone, Guinea, or Liberia. reply to post 9783]Kratos40[/post]

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Alex Jones has never been right about anything.

That isn't true and you know it!

It's ok not to like the man, but he has reported on things that the MSM would not touch if their life depended on it!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
PS trying to pin any of this on the President is a silly immature distraction that doesn't help anyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Sorry but it is true. That idiot is a charlatan trying to get rich off of the fears of others. He's a liar. The worst kind of parasite known to mankind. a reply to: seeker1963

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
PS trying to pin any of this on the President is a silly immature distraction that doesn't help anyone.

Why?

Because he is in charge and hired a political hack with no medical experience to silence the MSM?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Sorry but it is true. That idiot is a charlatan trying to get rich off of the fears of others. He's a liar. The worst kind of parasite known to mankind. a reply to: seeker1963

Obama isn't?

Odd how you call one known exaggerator a liar but support the current POTUS!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
These recent reports must be part of the Obama/CDC Swat Team Plan.

Obama was *Firm* on his stance with this.

He was *Firm*

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Alex Jones has never been right about anything. No one is trying to silence doctor's. It's a bunch of crap. And do we need yet another thread about "potential" Ebola cases? Not even sick people?
It's unnecessary to report every person who comes to the states who's been to west Africa. Report on actual cases or even cases where someone is actually sick but this? This is just nonsense. We don't need to know every person who traveled to or came from west Africa. It's getting so every nobody blogger is jumping on the Ebola band wagon to get clicks. Not saying that's you Dianajune. But don't feed them either.
reply to: dianajune

Wrong, A golf buddy of mine is married to a dept head for the only ebola approved hospitals in my area. While golfing a few weeks back I asked if she has said anything to him about the hospital and what they are doing regarding ebola. He responded with a odd look on his face that she had to sign something which sounded like a confidentiality agreement that made it clear that she was not to talk about any plans or happenings at the hospital. Apparently he said the document was so scary that she couldnt even talk to him about it. I could tell it bothered him that she felt so compelled to stay quite that she couldn't even tell him about it.

Anyone that thinks Doctors, hospitals, and the establishment are not being strong armed to stay quite is delusional!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I read police dispatchers and EMTs are no longer allowed to use the word Ebola.

What's the matter America? Current administration screwed up this situation by not sealing travel from affected areas and completely mismanaging the infected? Seems like it.

The current puppet is just following orders.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Somehow double posted ^
edit on 8-11-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
So there are people who still believe things the US government tells them? The government has demonstrated that lies and disinformation is the normal practice.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Apparently there are. They voted recently and still they whine.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As soon as someone comes into a hospital ER with flu symptoms and answers affirmatively to 'have you recently traveled to West Africa', the CDC is required to be called, and after that, things go dark and quiet quickly.

You don't think they're keeping a possible Ebola patient in the ER waiting room for two hours, followed by a slow chaotic decision to put on personal protective gear, followed by waiting for the admitting department to find them a room, any room, somewhere in the hospital, right?

If you're NOT being whisked off nearly immediately to locations unknown to be monitored, I'd have to say that the government wasn't doing the job they and only they are equipped for.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Alex Jones has never been right about anything.

That isn't true and you know it!

It's ok not to like the man, but he has reported on things that the MSM would not touch if their life depended on it!

Amen! I don't agree with everything Alex has on his website and show (like his view on the pre-trib Rapture, which I do believe in according to Scripture) but I found stuff that he reported on that MSM either will not discuss at all or wait forever to do so.

Like the Ebola crisis. Things may have slowed down but we're not out of the woods yet. Esp. with how bad things are in Sierra Leone and people trying to get to this country in order to be treated.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join