It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 IL Veterans Force 102 Corrupt Officials to Resign, Place Entire Local Board Under Citizen’s Arre

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Wonderful story and like others I wish there were more who had the fortitude and knowledge to do the same..

I keep waiting for the headline where the two meet with an untimely accident or commit suicide by shooting themselves 'several times' in the back of the head with a nail gun or pistol..

edit on 8-11-2014 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

These guys are doing an excellent job. Major MAJOR kudos to them.

102 corrupt officials have been outed for corruption due to the efforts of two people, very impressive. Just think how many more could be ejected if these two guys expanded their team and each member busted 100 bad apples on average each everywhere they went.

ATS members could form a team doing the same, we have some excellent researchers on here. Such a team could compile proper dossiers with provable evidence on corrupt figures and pass them on to relevant bodies. I don't know but it's an idea.

This story turns a tiny spark of hope into a flame.

S&F op.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Well heck, why don't you just get these fellows to run for office?

Seems as if they have absolutely no tolerance for corruption and back room dealing what so ever, and that is what most regular people from the States that I talk to on here, are all about! Good job bringing this to the attention of the membership pianopraze!

I honestly believe that most new politicians want to do "good" in this country and have hopes & dreams of bringing positive change to their district/city/state/country/etc. but I think most, if not all, hit an abrupt reality check extremely fast, meaning, if you want to keep your position as a career politician you need to "play ball", if not, you will be a 1 term representative... I think it's easier for these politicians, crooked officials to just take the handout, over doing what's right, and most importantly what's in the best interest of the people they're representing..
edit on 8-11-2014 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Well sure, but these guys do not take bull from anyone.

You see, the only thing that keeps the corruption at the heart of governments going, is when good people start working in their elected capacity, hit the wall you describe, and rather than risking their careers by bludgeoning their way through the wall, making a big, dirty, inconvenient mess in the process, they either slink away, or join the forces which oppose effective, efficient, and honest governance.

Doing EITHER of these things, makes them part of the problem. These fellows however, are the sort who will not take that crap lying down, the sort of fellows who cannot be railroaded, will not tolerate any breakage of procedure, will not accept any attempt to discredit them, will not back down, will not give up. These are gentlemen who are well used to smashing through the obstacles that corrupt entities place in their path.

If they crowd funded themselves a run at public office, they could be the bull that needs to be let loose in the China shop that is the power structure which prevails at the moment. They should also train others to do what they do, in how to know the law, and effectively apply it to situations which are considered by many folk to be too complex to unravel. And if some shady nonsense went down to get them booted from their positions, you know what would happen then? A firestorm. You do not screw with people who are as relentless and capable as these fellows, because they will pick the situation apart, they will find a way to make justice possible, because that is how they operate, because they know no other way of doing things.

These fellows appear to be solid, and I think they are exactly the sort of people who would be capable of crushing the barriers which might be bought up in their path, as opposed to retreating or capitulating.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yea, I need to look into this watchdog group. I live here in Chicago and I've never heard about them... I want to look more into the work they're doing, because it seems like they can do some good. Also, if more citizens become aware of this, maybe it will spread like wild fire (hopeful thinking) where more citizens come forward to hold their politicians accountable for their actions. I guess I can hope, haha...

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idahomie
These guys could make a mint franchising out their business model. Imagine, one in every city over 10k in this country. Sure would keep the courts busy. Nice work gentlemen.

My first thought, too. Who wouldn't participate in crowd-funding a purchase of this franchise in their own town?

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This is the difference between talkers and doers.

A lot of people on this board talk a big game, but it is nice to finally read about someone doing something to change their community.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

This is Great to see!! Once people get word of this, it tells them that, YES, one or two people CAN make a difference!
As one Who has lived in Illinois all My life, (well besides some traveling and living in different states for about 5 years), I can agree that there is a LOT of Corruption going on around here.

Thanx for Sharing this awesome story!
Syx.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Like I always say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Hopefully this snowballs and inspires others to take action nation wide. I doubt it , people are too dumbed down and complacent living check to check to get involved. But it's a nice thought. Come the day they lose everything then maybe the majority will take action. The corruption runs deep as we have seen the police have gone rabid , the politicians are going all out raping what rights we have left.

something has to give

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

There would be hope if people like this made up our government.

But there to smart to get any more involved then they already are, local levels you may be safe, DC levels and you disappear like so many before.

IMO

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
This is the difference between talkers and doers.

A lot of people on this board talk a big game, but it is nice to finally read about someone doing something to change their community.

Why diminish the efforts of people that add to the ATS forum?

Words collected in a proper manner can be very powerful tools for people that take the action step.

ATS members have provided many power tools for events to actually happen in real life and not just in politics.
edit on 9-11-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
We need more heroes like these guys:

I agree with this, but want to add another hero no one is talking about. Sheriff Parsley.

This could have gone a lot different if the sheriff (like most of them) took the side of the politicians instead of the people they are sworn to protect and serve.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

'An entire Park Board' under citizen's arrest....? Wow, be still my heart.

Meh. Not exactly Crimebusters Central. While spending the public's money on godknowswhat shouldn't be allowed and is worth going after, this is small potatoes.

Wake me when they take on Congress, the White House and the Pentagon. It's been reported that a certain percentage of the military is well aware of how bad things have gotten and won't obey orders to 'fire on the US population' etc.

It sure will be interesting watching that standoff between the goons and the true patriots, and it's the only way things will ever change. Obviously voting and expecting 'change' is for fools.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
People who think they are up to the challenge in compromised cities should gather together a like minded posse and contact these guys on their technique and procedure to start the ball rolling. Once these officials figure out people aren't going to put up with their crap anymore, maybe their replacements will be more encouraged to toe the line and do their jobs.

I hope their actions are contagious.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
How awesome! This is the first thing that came to my mind:

What a breath of fresh air. THIS is what Americans need to do.
EVERYWHERE.
Hold their feet to the fire.
I have to admire the diligence of these gentlemen and their approach to enforcing the law.
I have some new heroes!

Beautiful and I thought the same, the second most favorite show was the "Rock" with Aunt Bee acting as the warden :-)
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Piano, you hit it out of the park this time!
What a nice refreshing and uplifting thread you posted!
Many thanks for making this part of ATS.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Thanks for helping HOPE to survive.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

No.....keep these two guys out of office. So they can continue in what they are doing.

They are best suited going after corruption. Not walking side by side with them.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What I'd like to know is why these guys aren't dead yet...Don't get me wrong I'm 100% for what they're doing, but that would be a risky business chasing down corruption. I hope they keep a blog or something showing their intel and next moves just in case they end up in a "tragic accident" or "suicide"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join