It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Computers Hacked, Viral Trojan Horse Bug

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

A destructive “Trojan Horse” malware program has penetrated the software that runs much of the nation’s critical infrastructure and is poised to cause an economic catastrophe, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

National Security sources told ABC News there is evidence that the malware was inserted by hackers believed to be sponsored by the Russian government, and is a very serious threat.

The hacked software is used to control complex industrial operations like oil and gas pipelines, power transmission grids, water distribution and filtration systems, wind turbines and even some nuclear plants. Shutting down or damaging any of these vital public utilities could severely impact hundreds of thousands of Americans.

White House Computers Hacked, Viral Trojan Horse Bug

White House Breach

This is a rather weird two part news announcement; apparently the Trojan Horse virus just swept through computers today, and the White House breach was reported a few days ago; I don't have any opinion farther than that on it because most of this is way over my pay grade.
edit on 0145511pmThursdayf45Thu, 06 Nov 2014 17:45:01 -0600America/Chicago by signalfire because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
This is a test, only a test. Brought to you by those friendly Russians, and various proxies.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
It's a smokescreen for another issue they don't want to admit to, I'm sure.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

It said this at your source:

DHS said in a bulletin that the hacking campaign has been ongoing since 2011, but no attempt has been made to activate the malware to “damage, modify, or otherwise disrupt” the industrial control process. So while U.S. officials recently became aware the penetration, they don’t know where or when it may be unleashed.

The hacked software is very advanced. It allows designated workers to control various industrial processes through the computer, an iPad or a smart phone, sources said. The software allows information sharing and collaborative control.

So it's been there a while. Why bring it up now and why haven't they taken care of it?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Cuz Ebola is old news and the elections are over?

Damned if I know anymore. I'm just sticking around and watching these news feeds out of morbid curiosity at this point. Kinda like Saturday morning cartoons, only without the sugary cereal pigouts.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
This is bull#.. I don't believe it.

Many of these examples given are off-line scada networks.

someone is hiding something behind this.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
we think we have privacy on our computers
that is not always the case
especially if the business has secret valuable information

edit on 6-11-2014 by blacktie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

We know its there, can't remove it, we know who put it there and if activated and is destructive....

WAR?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sounds like the imminent false flag is exposed.

The post-election drama is intense.

Check.Mate

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

We know its there, can't remove it, we know who put it there and if activated and is destructive....

WAR?

Sounds like propaganda to me.

"America...shake in fear as your power, water and nuclear infrastructure is in control of the communist Russians!"

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Shouldn't be surprising. Cyber war between Russia, China and USA is now real, ongoing, intensifying. I suppose it is better than direct military confrontations... Problem is, it could always escalate and lead to that eventually.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Looks like some people really got pissed about that Stuxnet thing that was traced back to the US and Israel.

Paybacks are hell sometimes...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How about tomorrow ? 311th day of the year, 11/7 or 711 and then add the full year sum total 2+0+1+4 you get the other 7.... anyhow if not that logic, then the Bolshevik Revolution occurred on that same date in history (using the proper calendar of course) your theory is just irresistible to the numerological conspirator in me!
edit on 6-11-2014 by phinubian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: phinubian
a reply to: xuenchen

How about tomorrow ? 311th day of the year, 11/7 or 711 and then add the full year sum total 2+0+1+4 you get the other 7.... anyhow if not that logic, then the Bolshevik Revolution occurred on that same date in history (using the proper calendar of course) your theory is just irresistible to the numerological conspirator in me!

Well I think this is the poison pill for the failed and exposed Executive Branch.

They have shown extreme jealousy in the past.

Now, with the massive defections the other day, I say they are now at Defcon1 and ultra-jealous.

I believe this so-called virus has been wormed-in from within, not from a foreign entity.

I have to wonder what kind of animal head is on that "trojan horse"?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This type of stuff is pretty common actually. Since atleast 2006 it has been an open secret that there is both Chinese and Russian code that can completely shut down our power grid. These cyber weapons are all over the place, every advanced nation has them and has deployed them to everyone else. You can think of it like aiming missiles at your enemy, it's all about the threat of being able to do something but if peace remains they won't actually be used.

It's actually a good thing that these weapons exist. We know for an absolute fact that if a war breaks out between major powers there will be serious disruption to both sides due to these cyber weapons. You can think of it as a more modern application of MAD.
edit on 6-11-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I wouldn't put it past TPTB here to do this themselves, as an ace in the hole if things start going south on them.

This seems like an offshoot of the Iran nuclear facilities trojan, which was supposed to have originated in the USA.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

A destructive “Trojan Horse” malware program has penetrated the software that runs much of the nation’s critical infrastructure and is poised to cause an economic catastrophe, according to the Department of Homeland Security.

What? Super-critical software that keeps our infrastructure running and somebody forgot to do a backup? I backup my Firefox and Thunderbird every day and if I get hit with a virus, it's only a quick restore away from being virus free.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
you know i'm no super it tech, but it seems to me that they could take clean computers, set them up and have the required software to run the systems ready to go, just not on line. take the old ones off and place the new ones online. i'm sure the systems have backup and emergency measures in case of a computer failure. so a few seconds to a few minutes shouldn't cause any problems.

it's time like these that i bet they wish they had the hack proof computers that are in some of our missile silos. not even connected to the internet

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire

Cuz Ebola is old news and the elections are over?

Damned if I know anymore. I'm just sticking around and watching these news feeds out of morbid curiosity at this point. Kinda like Saturday morning cartoons, only without the sugary cereal pigouts.

Dude, you nailed it. Many's the times I've asked myself why I even listen to this crap. That's it. That's why!

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Why admit to a security breach like that? It would have been just as easy to deal with it quietly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join