It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Searched, hadn't seen this posted yet...

The Navy SEAL who shot Osama bin Laden dead in the special force's most famous operation can be named today.
The Navy hero is set to give a full interview to Fox News later this month and waive his anonymity but MailOnline has established that he is Rob O'Neill, a highly-decorated veteran who quit after 16 years service.
In an exclusive interview Rob's father, Tom O'Neill, tells MailOnline, 'People are asking if we are worried that ISIS will come and get us because Rob is going public. I say I'll paint a big target on my front door and say come and get us.'
Rob O'Neill, 38, is a former member of SEAL Team Six who has been portrayed on screen in Zero Dark Thirty, Captain Phillips and Lone Survivor.

Source

I always had my doubts about this official story so I'll be curious to see how much he's allowed to say for the interview.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans

If this is the same guy that wrote that book about it, he is in some hot water over revealing secret info
He may even get jail time, not sure yet

Sorry, different guy...
[although the guy that wrote the book is in some serious trouble]

Navy Seals need to remain 'quiet professionals'

edit on 5-11-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Man that's something the Navy doesn't want happening. They don't want a human war machine coming clean with secrets.

Oh I can only hope..

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412

If this is the same guy that wrote that book about it, he is in some hot water over revealing secret info
He may even get jail time, not sure yet

Sorry, different guy...
[although the guy that wrote the book is in some serious trouble]

Navy Seals need to remain 'quiet professionals'

It is kind of unprofessional to want everybody to know how much of a badass you are. That's not what real Seals do.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
While it is controversial that he came forward and could be in a lot of trouble about it, I read an article about how his dad celebrated his son's achievements and it got me thinking: is it so wrong to celebrate some of our nation's greatest warriors?

Think back to other historical super powers, did they keep their champion warriors in the shadows or did they parade them and celebrate their victories?

I am not sure how I stand on the issue, but I thought I would at least bring up this side of the coin.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
It is kind of unprofessional to want everybody to know how much of a badass you are. That's not what real Seals do.

Here's your white crow.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Santa Claus

Easter Bunny

Tooth Fairy

The guy who shot Bin Laden

What do these characters have in common?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1970

They're all slightly furry, get air dropped to their mission zones, vanish without a trace, and give out free things? (Presents, eggs, money, and bullets respectively)

What do I win?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

They're all slightly furry, get air dropped to their mission zones, vanish without a trace, and give out free things? (Presents, eggs, money, and bullets respectively)

What do I win?

LOL

Congratulations
You win an All-terrain vehicle, an American Flag and a Gun.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: James1970

Awwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaaaaaaaaaah ... the dork behind the handle bars just makes it all the more awesome.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

You win the Internet lol!

James1970 ... Amazing... So much merica in that video... So much he had trouble shooting lol.. WOOOOOOOOO

As for the op... Sooo this seal acted in all three movies? Zero dark, lone survivor, and captain Phillips? Or someone portrayed his likeness??? Either way WHY IN THE BLOODY EFFING H E DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICK is Hollywood concentrating so much on that one unit/guy? Draw attention away from the real night stalkers? really wish I had clearance to know what in the eff really went down with all this.

Also if bin laden is really dead I completely refuse to believe anyone but Dan bilzerian took him out bare chested with the flight of the bumble bees jamming from the chopper.

edit on 5-11-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2014 by mindseye1609 because: Bet you wish it was James 1980 rofl!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

As for the op... Sooo this seal acted in all three movies? Zero dark, lone survivor, and captain Phillips? Or someone portrayed his likeness??? Either way WHY IN THE BLOODY EFFING H E DOUBLE HOCKEYSTICK is Hollywood concentrating so much on that one unit/guy?

No, he didn't act in them. Yes, he was involved in the events that the movies depict.

And I suspect the reason they concentrate so much on the one guy is that the missions are movie fodder.

Seriously, hostage rescue is a lot more exciting and understandable than the average non DA mission. I can see the alternative...

"SIGINT...The Mission"

cut to a dozen guys in camo in a jungle, possibly in Venezuela...

The senior Echo has a set of headphones on, crouched under a tree with a complicated set of OD green radio gear. The other guys are sleeping, reading Kindles or playing spades. The 150,000th spade game that year.

Captain: Got anything yet, Peters?
Echo Senior: I keep getting that I band emission. I've got lots of captures of that one. This afternoon, we can probably call it done and move to the airfield south of here.
Captain: Rog-o.

The movie rolls on for a couple of hours. Some of the guys eat. Some of them that were sleeping join the spades game. Others go to the river and take a crap, in pairs. The sun starts going down.

Echo Senior: That's a wrap, boss.
Captain: ok, go round up the guys on watch, let's pack this stuff up, we're out of here when it's good dark.

and the credits roll...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

What do I win?

You made me laugh. You win a cookie.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Rofl... You know want I mean tho, no marsoc/raider rescues or joint task force crazy interdiction battles? It just seems odd to me that the unit that we are supposed to believe killed bin laden is being held up so much and shoved in our faces.

Cause they are already semi burned from uncle Joe's comments and the media frenzy that ensued?

Cause others do stuff that can't be portrayed or even if it did we probably wouldn't want it to be? (Grey area countries and tactics)

Just by coincidence the seal team six stories all had the silver lining that Hollywood could play on that most missions filled with drama probably don't have?
edit on 5-11-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Don't paint a #ing target on your door and say come get me. Haven't you seen Iron Man 3?!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Anyone who acts and does the work of a THUG, should be put down. If ISIS is doing this savage killing and teaching thier children to do the same when they grow up, then they all should be put down. Is there not enough of savage thuggery on planet earth. Their should be a WAR ON THUGS. Cut thier heart out, eat it and feed the rest to the dog. This is how you treat the savage thugs of today. I don't see how a religion says it is OK to sew a womans private parts together because a man has a right to, so it says in the muslim bible. I don't see how ,in the muslim bible, that a woman must wear vails from head to toe. I don't see how the muslim bible says, that if a woman gets rapped, she is to be exacuted by firing squad or hung , because she must have tempted the man to do such a thing to her. Why would a society let people cut off fingers and hands for stealing. Does the muslim bible tell them to do this ????? IF SO, ALLAH will reward them with 72 virgins to do so. WELL, IF,the muslim bible says all this and the people DO ALL THAT. Then they are all IDIOTS and the wimen must be even more so, to let the MAN FIGURE to rule over her as thier personal SLAVE. OH, WAIT. They will tell you this is the truth and it says so in the bible.... Tell me MR. THUG. Where in your bible does it say this???? YOU are a CON, a LIAR, a Murderer, A SEXIST PIG with an all mighty RIGHTEOUS attitude with a BIGATORY fat lower lip. YOU SIR, are the TRASH of SOCIETY. Your bible does NOT tell you to do such things, you make up things as you go along like a LARGE child that cain't get it's way. Are the wimen really that STUPID over there??????
The HOT sand and temperatures over there must have been FRYING their brains over the years and caused them to ACT MENTALLY RETARDED. SO, this leads me to believe that the peoples over their are suffering from a heat stroke kind of thing, that makes them SO MENTALLY RETARDED. I wonder if their genes got fried and passed on the MENTAL problem to thier children. Then to top it all off, they teach their children to hate and spread thier seed of RETARDATION on to another victim ,to teach the BLAST PHONEY LIES. A vicious cycle. No wonder they been fighting for thousands of years against everyone. IIIIDDDEEEEOOOOOTTTTTTSSSSSS.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

You get lost? Tourette's? I'm all for a rework of Islam and an end to extremism but I reckon that's a different thread?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: Bedlam

Just by coincidence the seal team six stories all had the silver lining that Hollywood could play on that most missions filled with drama probably don't have?

It seems like SEALs are ascendant in Hollywood right now. And I'm sure the missions with shadier motivations or whoopsie endings aren't being pursued.

I'm just glad they didn't make a movie about the delta team that got caught in the whorehouse. Yet.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: James1970

Some idiot online just compared them?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I'm just glad they didn't make a movie about the delta team that got caught in the whorehouse. Yet.

:O

That's somehow the juiciest thing you've ever hinted at lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join