It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Revolution In Human Emotion Through ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I haven't authored a thread in a while... So I thought I would put my thoughts on a recent spat of AI and Technological Singularity threads I have noticed cropping up.

Firstly I want to say that I am not only an avid user of technology but am a futurist by trade and have made a quite comfortable living from understanding technology and more importantly where technology is taking us in the short to mid terms.

I wanted to present a product to you, but not out of financial self interests, but to educate a market that is still in it's infancy, yet is set to explode over the next 5 years.

I would like to introduce to you EmoSPARK/AI

EmoSPARK - First A.I. Home Console

EmoSpark is an Android powered Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth cube that allows users to create and interact with an emotionally concise intelligence through conversation, music, and visual media. EmoSpark will take not only gaming, but also your TV, smart phone or computer to an entirely different level from anything ever experienced before.

The EmoSpark cube can be accessed remotely through video conferencing facilities. The user can interact and engage in conversation with the cube, just like a regular video call, through text to speech and Android’s voice recognition functionality. EmoSpark’s app lets the user use a smart device to witness the intensity and nuances of its emotional status in real time at a distance, monitoring when and how a new experience modifies and informs the cube. EmoSpark will then share its reactions with the user via their TV, smartphone or tablet apps.

Now... we all know Siri... sometimes it's funny and others it's just damn frustrating... but it is at all times dumb... Siri doesn't understand you as a human, it only understands through voice recognition and has a very limited understanding of what actual phrases mean or their context. It uses speak to text to enter into Google and then selects the response which is highest on the list of reliance based upon keywords.

EmoSPARK is entirely different.... not only does it conform to the best known chat bot architecture, with a dynamic expanding database that is networked... It also has an emotion engine (nothing to do with a Sony!) that can interpret inputs from a variety of sources.... not least of these sources is the use of Cameras to understand your emotional sate...

The following video clip is a not a moch up or fake in anyway... it shows the responses from Siri followed by EmoSpark.

Facial Recognition

The use of facial recognition coupled with Emotional recognition gives the Emospark some quite interesting capabilities, such as being able to place what context your requests may have. It also allows it to be proactive and make suggestions that are more in tune with the reality and more intuitive to the user.

This is the vision...

And here is the reality...

at 2:35 the hairs stood up on the back of my neck.....

The idea that EmoSPARK understood that the baby is crying and the response speaks for itself.... Contextual computation is something I have been very interested in and the development of EmuSPARK as a product anyone can buy for under $300 is just incredible.

We live in exponential times...

Korg.
edit on 5-11-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
stick this inside one of those Realdolls and you will make soooooo many people happy...or maybe the whole appeal is that they DON'T talk...

That being said, i am curious to see what sensors it comes with, the reading abilities...i could use this to keep an eye on my fish tanks while i am on business trips, if it can read water temperature...couple it with a lego mindstorm, the robot puts the stripes in the water, this thing reads me back the results...the possibilities are endless i guess!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
stick this inside one of those Realdolls and you will make soooooo many people happy...or maybe the whole appeal is that they DON'T talk...

That being said, i am curious to see what sensors it comes with, the reading abilities...i could use this to keep an eye on my fish tanks while i am on business trips, if it can read water temperature...couple it with a lego mindstorm, the robot puts the stripes in the water, this thing reads me back the results...the possibilities are endless i guess!

Let's put the RealDoll concept to one side for a while...

I think it would be possible to get it to access and initiate comms with almost anything that has access to a data stream, through your fish would likely need an app that EmoSPARK could trigger. for me, this is where I see this technology going. It will replace our concept of an OS...

I recommend anyone watch the film 'Her'

It is a glimpse into a reality not too far away... I project within 20 years.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As long as I can set it to pierce bronsons voice, I'm sold

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

then immediately watch 'me' right after.

edit on 5-11-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

then immediately watch 'me' right after.

Hey I'm all for Self Love... hmmmpphh I meant Self Affirmation

Korg.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Interesting product. At first glance it looks like a chat bot with facial recognition. Siri was surpassed a while ago. I will look more when I get a chance.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Interesting product. At first glance it looks like a chat bot with facial recognition. Siri was surpassed a while ago. I will look more when I get a chance.

It is far more than a simple chatbot, it is a contextual based computational device. Although far from being sentient it really deepens what an A.I. is capable of, and moving forwards it will become far more widely used in just about everything we interact with.

If you find the technology interesting and have a technical mind... this fantastic Report on a dissertation from Dominic Orchard will make fantastic reading... Programming contextual computations

Korg.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hmmm. Xbox One. The thing with XBox is that all the hardware is in place for it to do all of these things and its awesome gaming console! Facial recognition is outstanding and voice commands aren't too shabby. All it will take is an is upgrade once everything is stable. I'm hoping Microsoft doesn't let me down again.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Hmmm. Xbox One. The thing with XBox is that all the hardware is in place for it to do all of these things and its awesome gaming console! Facial recognition is outstanding and voice commands aren't too shabby. All it will take is an is upgrade once everything is stable. I'm hoping Microsoft doesn't let me down again.

I have been following the developing situation with the Xbox one and PS4. I have not really been impressed by them to be honest. The only thing that has impressed me is the bang for buck ratio is pretty good.

come next year the PC is where it is going to be at with the release of the Consumer version of the Oculus Rift. I could easily see this technology finding it's way into VR environments.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

It is far more than a simple chatbot, it is a contextual based computational device. Although far from being sentient it really deepens what an A.I. is capable of, and moving forwards it will become far more widely used in just about everything we interact with.

I don't mean to diminish the product. To me, so far, without looking at the technical specs, it looks like a Chat Bot mixed together with some other software. I'm actually jealous because that's MY idea! You get a natural language processor like AIML combined with voice and speech recognition software that comes with Visual Studio combined with vision software like RoboRealm combined with some learning algorithm like Accord.net put that into some phidgets and mix it together into something. I'm half way there.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
that awkward moment when you have a better relationship with your emospark cube than you do with most human beings...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
that awkward moment when you have a better relationship with your emospark cube than you do with most human beings...

I think you would be surprised at how the future of interacting with other human will look.

Korg.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

I think you would be surprised at how the future of interacting with other human will look.

Korg.

i think if i had six or seven cubes with different personalities and enabled them to interact with multiple users at once, i could get along without the human species. save personality profiles on a computer or something and switch them out like 8 tracks.
edit on 5-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

Korg.

i think if i had six or seven cubes with different personalities and enabled them to interact with multiple users at once, i could get along without the human species. save personality profiles on a computer or something and switch them out like 8 tracks.

It would be noisy

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

and they wouldn't be able to appreciate irritation or offense either.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Seems like a nifty device. With a very little research I found the ugly part.
I worked in the tech field for many years. A little product research goes a long way.

Post on the forums are getting ugly also on emosparks site ,investors are
restless and I read this link:
indiedontgo.wordpress.com...

It would be great a security system if it works. Why Nest hasn't been in touch I don't know.

I purchased a R2D2 interactive droid. I researched the AI and internal components.
It is one of the best interactive toys out today. The speech recognition board was
Made by Creative Labs. I have seen the output images of the sonar and thermal.
It rivals the sonar almost in todays cars with collision avoidance systems. All
Engineered in the 1990s for a toy. It has emotions also albeit happy and sad.
Ever R2D2 is unique in that some don't behave well. They have somewhat
of a personality due to calibration differences I suppose.

I just need to cram a camera and wifi I could have a sudo emospark.
www.amazon.com...

edit on 5-11-2014 by TucsonOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TucsonOne

Yikes!

I am always suspicious of these things but I wouldn't have guessed this was like that...

I just need to cram a camera and wifi I could have a sudo emospark

Any smart phone will do.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TucsonOne

no there is probably a patented software that they use that you cant get without buying it from them.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

where do you think the line is between artificial intelligence and true or natural intelligence?
edit on 5-11-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join